X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does SQ Does Not Have 9V-SWC ?

What's the real reason behind it ?

Anyone
    Last edited by sealalula; 14 August 2010, 11:26 PM.

Someone figured out WC=Water Closet

Comment

Callsigns for Singapore registered ships ate also prefixed with 9 V, maybe 9 V S W C, as we say, ninah victor sierra whiskey charlie is already assigned to a ship.
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Didn't realise it till now. Suspect it could be due to some superstitious belief as the SQ management are quite a superstitious lot. Maybe it's an oversight on CAAS a/c registers side.

Comment

http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...gsearch=9V-SMC

Comment

According to well-placed sources, Head Office decided there is no SWC and there will be no SWX because:

1. WC, as rightly pointed out by Savage, alludes to Water Closet, and

2. the "X" in WX may be a bad omen, as "X" is usually used to cross out something else.

Anybody else has another theory?
            Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

Oops! I'm blind - SWC isn't SMC!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Oops! I'm blind - SWC isn't SMC!
                Haha, I was wondering what your post was about!
                Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

Originally posted by astroboy View Post
                  According to well-placed sources, Head Office decided there is no SWC and there will be no SWX because:

1. WC, as rightly pointed out by Savage, alludes to Water Closet, and

2. the "X" in WX may be a bad omen, as "X" is usually used to cross out something else.

Anybody else has another theory?
                  There was no 9V-SMX for the 744s. Seems like for the same reason as indicated in point 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                    There was no 9V-SMX for the 744s. Seems like for the same reason as indicated in point 2.
                    MX=maintenance

Not the most ideal registration for an aircraft.

Comment

like there are no row 13 on SQ planes - and on X - not sure as Air Asia X seems to be doing well n profitable

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                        like there are no row 13 on SQ planes - and on X - not sure as Air Asia X seems to be doing well n profitable
                        Wouldn't the chinese be more particular about 14? Haha...

Remember how Alfa had to change their 164 to 168 just for the Singapore and HK market?

Comment

NOT SURE but I think it is only the Asian Airlines who don't have a Row 4 or 13 on their planes.Everywhere else they exist.I have recently been on a Virgin Blue 737 and those numbers exists.I am part chinese but have no problems being allocated such rows.

Comment

Please note also that no 9V-SKO on SIA's 380 fleet, prolly they don't want a Knock Out sign on the nose gear...

Comment

Working...
                            X