Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a smart way to book multi-city fares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a smart way to book multi-city fares?

I would like to travel BNE - PEK - AMD - BNE or BNE - AMD - PEK - BNE. I have been to the Star Alliance Site and none of the circle fares seem to work.

Getting sense out of SIA online booking is difficult. I have tried the following combinations and get three different answers:

1. Multicty Fare.
    The mutlicity fare on SIA web site does not work as gives an answer of over AUD $11,000 in Y.

2. Spittling fares with SIN stopover
    I can split the fares by booking BNE -AMD return or BNE PEK return with stop overs in SIN and separate book SIN - PEK retrun or SIN - AMD return. The total of these fares is around AUD $2,200

3. Splitting flights to BNE on multicity leaving different cities.
    Multicity tip booking on SIA allows BNE -AMD PEK- BNE provides AUD 1,359. A one way AMD to PEK gives AUD 530.00. I have not tried the flights in J. This is a better result with total of AUD 1,880.00. This is a better result as SIA has sweet deal one way AMD - PEK

The large differences in outcomes seem crazy. Does not take much to confuse me these days.

Is there a smarter way of booking fare from OZ to India and China and back to Oz other then splitting up fares on SIA website? Should the overall fare get cheaper due to larger number of kms travelled on same trip?
    Thanks

Gunners
Working...
X