No announcement yet.

Flight crew sending SMS messages during flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on LHR-SIN yday, when we were approaching SIN, i did hear 2 nokia sms alerts ...

Comment

I also accidently left my blackberry on last week on a flight from LHR to SIN and i did get quite a few of those "Welcome to XXX network...." messages especially in Europe and on approach to SIN from Malaysia.

Comment

it seems like all of you have the same experience without switch off mobile on flight between LHR and SIN,LOL. I forgot to switch off my mobile and i found several welcome messages in different countries when my flight was approaching to LHR. and battery almost was run out...the cabin crews need to double check the pax on this route, haha

Comment

Could the banning of cell phones be some ploy to encourage the use of the seat back phone?

My N95 can get a signal at over 40,000 feet, but my new iPhone can't maintain a signal above 10,000

As far as I'm concerned there is no risk (confirmed to me by pilots and aircraft maintenance engineers), however I would not use the phone on the way to Singapore or any other country where the the airline would/could try and cause legal issues on the ground (ie by using your phone your not following the direction of flight crew).

Comment

Working...
          X