PPS Do at UK new products launch tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Lobster & SQFAN I think you should give them a call, presuming you are available.
    I can't actually go I am in Hong Kong this week - it is just the principle of the matter.

Comment

Sorry to hear the 'mistreatment' you are getting from PPS UK, Lobster.
      I can feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
        I can't actually go I am in Hong Kong this week - it is just the principle of the matter.
        I agree, although picking 35 out of 2000 UK based PPS is always going to annoy some. Many won't know it's even happening. Still, I am aware that a few of you are less than impressed with PPS service over here. Do you use (or even have) the UK PPS email ?.

I have just spoken to someone on the stand and they say the seats have been generating a lot of interest and getting excellent feedback.

Comment

I agree, although picking 35 out of 2000 UK based PPS is always going to annoy some.
          Just 35 ?!? I can understand why you're going but for the life of me I can't imagine at all why I ended up receiving an invite! Perhaps they had a last minute cancellation and lazily just picked the name right at the bottom of the list!

Do you use (or even have) the UK PPS email ?
          I assume this is the e-mail address from where I received the invite. However, it comes from marketing and as jppb3 has pointed out, if you phone them up on the PPS number, they answer as marketing!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Just 35 ?!? I can understand why you're going but for the life of me I can't imagine at all why I ended up receiving an invite! Perhaps they had a last minute cancellation and lazily just picked the name right at the bottom of the list!
            Or perhaps to lock in the newbie?
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Just got to SKL F and running a bit late but a couple of quick points.

The new F does flip over like the RAFFLES. I have to say I'm unconvinced about it when it's done. It's certainly very spacious, and the screen is fantastic, but it's chin scratcher...

After worrying about the reduced pitch in RAFFLES I actually think it's excellent, again the big new screen is excellent.

It seems they are seriously looking into changing the miles awarded to reflect the actual class booked/paid for instead of all the same in the cabin, ie D gets less than J & C etc.

I will update with more gossip when I get to BKK or SGN. F**king old config 744 from TG..

Question of the day :How many F seats going in the A380 ?.

Comment

MAN Flyer, glad to see you managed to catch your flight!

Just my random observations from the event (unlike MAN Flyer's detailed digging for info ^ ):

1 MAN Flyer mentioned below the hint that there may be mileage earning (rather than redemption or PPS sector) changes being considered.

2 News to me (but perhaps I missed it) - a move of SQ to LHR T1 which means no more access to the VS CH!

3 I asked the GM the name of the UK PPS coordinator. She exists (a marketing person) and was at the event.

4 MAN Flyer tells me that the SQ A380 engineers had disappeared by the time I arrived (perhaps frightened away by his questioning).

5 I asked about the Raffles name change and a KF mileage earning credit card and got the usual answers, i.e. the former due to potential confusion outside of SIN ; and don't hold my breath waiting for the latter (the UK market is too small; SQ's difficulty finding an appropriate and willing bank to partner with for a UK card; etc).

6 No new cabins for LON-SIN until the A380 comes into service.

7 I asked about Connexion's replacement but nothing definite of course. They acknowledged that the IFE (which has a miniature thumb board style keyboard in the handset) was presumably designed prior to the news of Connexion being withdrawn.

8 I was told that the old regional J seats would be withdrawn soon (within the next year or so if I remember right).

9 The new J and F seats were on display - both were the ones at the debut in SIN and will move from London to Paris and then Frankfurt for various shows. No new Y seat on display.

10 I picked up a copy of the new 25 or so page glossy brochure about the new cabins - most, if not all, of the pictures are already on the website.

11 I tried the new seats but the proof of the pudding is in the tasting. It's the case with the existing Raffles Spacebed that it's more than sufficient for me (with F as an occasional treat) and the new J will be even better.

12 Two can comfortably sit side by side in the F seat but the pull out table is only big enough for one person to dine. The new J table is bigger than before and also moves up and down.

Comment

It seems they are seriously looking into changing the miles awarded to reflect the actual class booked/paid for instead of all the same in the cabin, ie D gets less than J & C etc.
                  MH already does this. F and C earn more enrich miles than A and D. Which is fair enough i think.

The way things are going with that project, it won't matter

1 MAN Flyer mentioned below the hint that there may be mileage earning (rather than redemption or PPS sector) changes being considered.
                  Again- fair enough. This is less of a radical change than effectively doubling the redemption rates which was being bandied about to the point it actually came out as a shortlived webpage on their site.

2 News to me (but perhaps I missed it) - a move of SQ to LHR T1 which means no more access to the VS CH!
                  And unmitigated disaster if that were to happen. T1's not exactly the finest terminal around.

7 I asked about Connexion's replacement but nothing definite of course. They acknowledged that the IFE (which has a miniature thumb board style keyboard in the handset) was presumably designed prior to the news of Connexion being withdrawn.
                  Did they also pre-install connexion (not knowing what boeing would do at the time) ? If they did, it could mean from between DEC 5 and DEC 31 all the 77W pax would have (at least for the moment) some form of internet connectivity.

8 I was told that the old regional J seats would be withdrawn soon (within the next year or so if I remember right).
                  This is actually massive news, since there are PLENTY of a/c with it at the moment. Would that also imply a change to regional F?

Oh, and thanks for the update MAN Flyer and JHM!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm
                    8 I was told that the old regional J seats would be withdrawn soon (within the next year or so if I remember right)
                    Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
                    This is actually massive news, since there are PLENTY of a/c with it at the moment.
                    If I'd realised this was so significant, I would have asked more! It arose in a conversation where I mentioned that the intra-Asia J flights would end up with old, current and new J. Perhaps MAN Flyer has more on this ?

Comment

If I'd realised this was so significant, I would have asked more! It arose in a conversation where I mentioned that the intra-Asia J flights would end up with old, current and new J. Perhaps MAN Flyer has more on this ?
                      I count
                      12 773's,
                      17 2-class regional 772's,
                      14 3-class 772's with those seats.

or thereabouts with the old seats. 43 a/c - that's a massive exercise! Also begs the question what the A330's and further out, what the A350-900XWB's and 787's will be delivered with seat wise too.

Comment

Yes this is part of the reorgansation of airlines amongst the terminals once T5 opens. T1 will become the *A terminal with all *A airlines using that terminal. So expect we will see a general *A lounge rather than a SKL. There have been rumours that SQ will be one of the first to move there (well apart from BD and SAA who already use it).
                        Last edited by shortfinals; 8 November 2006, 08:35 AM. Reason: correcting of quote parentheses

Comment

No one asked any of my questions? Waaa.

An unforgiveable betrayal

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                            No one asked any of my questions? Waaa.

An unforgiveable betrayal

1, 3 and 10 ?

Comment

Oh evidently I should read posts instead of skimming through them. For shame on me.

Comment

The new F does flip over like the RAFFLES. I have to say I'm unconvinced about it when it's done. It's certainly very spacious, and the screen is fantastic, but it's chin scratcher...

As I have told you before - theoretically I am not a fan of having to flip my half-reclined seat into a bed (and I thought I only had to worry about J -- this is F!). It might cause a lost dozing off momentum. But I guess we have to try it before we really know.

Re the mileage earning change: aside from the new products launch, we don't get to hear much (if any) good news from SQ lately, do we?
                                Unless they are thinking of increasing the full fare earnings (F/C/Y), there will almost no reasonable Economy Class fares that will earn 100% anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X