Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup! 9V-SMA it is!

Pictures (from AusBT Facebook page):

Looks freaking fantastic, dat shiny new fuselage and paint! Can't wait until we see it out and about on tests now!

Comment

• Fantastic! Thanks, shikhargpt
      Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
      Yup! 9V-SMA it is!

Pictures (from AusBT Facebook page):

Looks freaking fantastic, dat shiny new fuselage and paint! Can't wait until we see it out and about on tests now!

Comment

• Someone give us the launch dates (and flights) now!!! Another first-to-fly moment, very exciting times ahead! Love that it goes to AMS also

Comment

• More pictures!

Comment

• OMG... It looks so beautiful!!! Love the futuristic look! The shape and colour of the cockpit windows make the front of the plane look like the mask of a certain cartoon character.

Comment

• In today's Straits Times.

Mr Tan Pee Teck, SQ senior vice president (product and services), with SIA's new A-350, which is being painted in the carrier's colours at the Airbus paint shop in Toulouse, France, yesterday.
              Last edited by SQKevin; 13 October 2015, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Wow it looks beautiful! Really digging the black cockpit windows and shiny livery. Can't wait to see it flying, will look majestic in flight.

I guess we will see it replacing 777-200ER routes first (since they have no F as well), so CPH, AMS, IST, JNB, CPT, DXB?

Comment

• Eeyer the ST shot used wide angle. Makes the nose look too long and pointy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                    I guess we will see it replacing 777-200ER routes first (since they have no F as well), so CPH, AMS, IST, JNB, CPT, DXB?
                    AMS and DXB are currently served by 77W. Another 772ER route is FCO.

SQ may be deploying the initial 359s on 77W routes with lower demand. AMS appears to be one. Another one rumored is BCN/GRU, maybe allowing for greater frequencies. The 77Ws will likely be redeployed to routes currently served by 773s, e.g. PEK, HND, SYD?

But yes, eventually the 772ER routes will be served by 359s.

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                      AMS and DXB are currently served by 77W. Another 772ER route is FCO.

SQ may be deploying the initial 359s on 77W routes with lower demand. AMS appears to be one. Another one rumored is BCN/GRU, maybe allowing for greater frequencies. The 77Ws will likely be redeployed to routes currently served by 773s, e.g. PEK, HND, SYD?

But yes, eventually the 772ER routes will be served by 359s.
                      From the messages to the media, I suspect the priority will be to focus them on routes where the margins are currently negative or low, in order to bring up the yields.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        From the messages to the media, I suspect the priority will be to focus them on routes where the margins are currently negative or low, in order to bring up the yields.
                        You're partially right. Margins will go up, not because yields go up but because costs go down. I'm not sure yield as measured by RASK will go up much...the 77Ws have 278 seats and the 359s will fall around that region too, I reckon. Demand and pricing won't change much with the aircraft swap. But I'm sure a 359 is a lot cheaper to operate compared to a 77W.
                        Last edited by 259850; 13 October 2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                          Wow it looks beautiful! Really digging the black cockpit windows and shiny livery. Can't wait to see it flying, will look majestic in flight.

And don't forget SYD and CHC as well (SQ241/242)

Comment

• More pictures

Comment

• SQ confirms initial destination:

Comment

• I'm surprised with AMS as I was expecting CPH after some of the noises they were making about improving their partnership with SK and going daily by March next year. However, it'll free up another 77W which in turn will knock another old 772 out of service hopefully!

Comment

Working...
                                X