Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant - SKL lounge SFO & HKG

Boy.
    I'm not a snob but I'm sitting in the SKL lounge in HKG having come in on SQ001 ( suites.)
    I didn't realise that there was no longer a FCL in SFO. That's ok I don't mind. So they herd us into the J lounge. What a disgusting dirty place that is. The seats were stained from spillage, dirty and very very worn. They should be embarrassed to put their name to it.
    Now I get to HKG and find no FCL. That's ok I'm not a snob, so we find a seat and relax. Then I go looking for a loo and can't find one. So , feeling like a dill I ask the lady at the front desk where they are. Response - there are no toilets please use the ones out side. . .... What..... Are you kidding.

Am I being a bit tough?
    HVB

Originally posted by hvb View Post
    Boy.

Now I get to HKG and find no FCL.
    There is. It's a separate area inside the J lounge.

Comment

It was much more important to have that huge, heavily utilised computer area than have loos...

You are a bit of a snob, but so are some of us here. We just got over it long ago when they closed a bunch of excellent lounges like ICN, and downgraded HKG and others, and cut us off from the VS Clubhouses...

Comment

To be fair, though, that section is a bit of a ghost town (and for all the wrong reasons). I'd say hvb has a fair rant and he makes his point clear that he's not trying to act like a snob.

hvb: I'd say you have valid points and you should write in to address your unmet expectations. Especially if on a revenue fair. Make your grievances known.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          There is. It's a separate area inside the J lounge.
          Well yes there was a cordoned off area way down the back, but you would hardly call it a separate lounge.

hvb
          HVB

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            To be fair, though, that section is a bit of a ghost town (and for all the wrong reasons). I'd say hvb has a fair rant and he makes his point clear that he's not trying to act like a snob.

hvb: I'd say you have valid points and you should write in to address your unmet expectations. Especially if on a revenue fair. Make your grievances known.
            No they were redemption flights for my wife and I.

But hey I consider using points as just another form of payment. There should be no difference to the service level provided based on form of paymwnt.

I guess in SFO i should have gone to the United First lounge. ( Hmmm thats hindsight again )

But the fact remains that the SFO lounge is very very sub par. .....agreed

hvb
            HVB

Comment

All American Airport and Hotel Lounges need an overhaul much like the country itself,
              both in hardware and the mentality- Third world is the term that comes to mind.
              SQ needs to really re-look at the playing field and how much it has changed and why they have been left behind. For less than half the price, the competition offers so much greater value.

Comment

No they were redemption flights for my wife and I.

But hey I consider using points as just another form of payment. There should be no difference to the service level provided based on form of paymwnt.

I guess in SFO i should have gone to the United First lounge. ( Hmmm thats hindsight again )

But the fact remains that the SFO lounge is very very sub par. .....agreed

hvb
                We almost took the same flight as yours.
                But in the end, travelled the day after.

It was my first time flying out of SFO in Suites and I was surprised that there was little distinction of Ground services with the other cabin classes. I missed the F class section in SKL HKG too. I feel quite underwhelmed by the experience.

Even onboard, the first part was mediocre, while the second part was fantastic. The fantastic crew should be the one who served you.

Comment

Originally posted by ashkale View Post
                  All American Airport and Hotel Lounges need an overhaul much like the country itself,
                  both in hardware and the mentality- Third world is the term that comes to mind.
                  Um...where are you from/do you reside? Where have you travelled?
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Boy.
                    I'm not a snob but I'm sitting in the SKL lounge in HKG having come in on SQ001 ( suites.)
                    I didn't realise that there was no longer a FCL in SFO. That's ok I don't mind. So they herd us into the J lounge. What a disgusting dirty place that is. The seats were stained from spillage, dirty and very very worn. They should be embarrassed to put their name to it.
                    Now I get to HKG and find no FCL. That's ok I'm not a snob, so we find a seat and relax. Then I go looking for a loo and can't find one. So , feeling like a dill I ask the lady at the front desk where they are. Response - there are no toilets please use the ones out side. . .... What..... Are you kidding.

Am I being a bit tough?
                    Just came back from SFO in Suites on the same flight (SQ1) and have the same reaction.

The SFO lounge is just sad, both physically and in terms of the food and drink (5 oz juice cans??), no mugs for coffee or tea, just demi-tasse. Overall impression is of a place I would not normally spend any time.

The service on-board was superb, then the shock of the HKG lounge. Nothing was ready for our arrival, with food trickling out over the next hour. Gone are the fresh dim sum, and instead there is just congee and scrambled eggs. There was no indication of any FCL treatment, just an ordinary seating space with NO private toilets or showers.

What I missed most was the chance of having a proper shower like in any other lounge. After working all day in SF, then flying 14 hours, that would have been the antidote to the pedestrian surroundings. As it was, 2 hours in the lounge, then another 4 to Singapore, and the feeling that I was too grimy for words.

Comment

Originally posted by whanafi View Post
                      The service on-board was superb, then the shock of the HKG lounge. Nothing was ready for our arrival, with food trickling out over the next hour. Gone are the fresh dim sum, and instead there is just congee and scrambled eggs. There was no indication of any FCL treatment, just an ordinary seating space with NO private toilets or showers.

What I missed most was the chance of having a proper shower like in any other lounge. After working all day in SF, then flying 14 hours, that would have been the antidote to the pedestrian surroundings. As it was, 2 hours in the lounge, then another 4 to Singapore, and the feeling that I was too grimy for words.
                      If you really needed a shower you could have dropped by the TG or UA lounges, though it is a bit of a haul from the SKL.

Comment

I thought they anounced they were fitting showers in the SKL at HKG, around a year ago IIRC. You would have thought with the big anouncement of upgrading SKLs and opening new ones they would have gone through with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                          If you really needed a shower you could have dropped by the TG or UA lounges, though it is a bit of a haul from the SKL.
                          Yes, its a sad day when you travel in suites on one of the worlds premier airlines and you need to go to partner lounges for a shower and out into the concourse with joe public to use a toilet.

hvb
                          HVB

Comment

I didn't realise that there was no longer a FCL in SFO.
                            I was just in the United FCL - which is fine. It is open to all passengers traveling on StarAlliance flights in F. I used it many times on my SQ flights, also because the SQ lounge was so full that even as a paying F traveler there was no seat available... Actually there is no reason to use the SQ lounge if you travel in F.

That said: the United lounge might not be open all the time.

Comment

Working...
                            X