What gate will the A380 be at in SFO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gate will the A380 be at in SFO?

Normally SQ parks at G95 (always when it was a 744 and 77W parks there). But where would it be now? Is there any way I'll be able to see it up close nicely tomorrow night upon picking up my dad?

Let me know ASAP so I can take a few pics of it. Thanks.

The LH A380 used Gate 101... It has three air bridges, not sure if there's another alternative available in Concourse G. Hope that helps!

Edit: Just checked the SFO board, and tonight's SQ1/2 A380 is to be parked at Gate 101.
    Last edited by ok2useLane; 29 January 2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I wonder if I can take an AirTrain and see a good view of the A380 if possible. For now I consider it a once in a lifetime opportunity to spot that bird soon.

Comment

Didn't get to see it today because my dad was waiting outside and we picked him up and he wanted to go home. On the flip side, my dad likes the A380 better than the 77W. Load was around 20% on both routes. They could have easily kept the 77W until Summer.

Comment

Well tomorrow evening I'm gonna drive up to see it. Any place I can drive around and see a good view of it tomorrow night? I never got to see it live in person except for one picture on flickr. Which part of SFO is the best place to drive around to see the SQ A380 jet??

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately, the "G" gates are the most difficult to see unless you're driving. There are lots of buildings and fences in the way of any views. Also, there is no place to stop and park to get a good look, just fleeting glances as your car moves by.

The best view is from the Airport to I380 connector. Second would be between the airport and long term parking. However, the views are mostly obstructed. It's possible that you may get good views from the AirTrain to the rental cars, but, as this is my home base, I've never done that route.

Good luck!
            Last edited by ok2useLane; 18 February 2013, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Really? I mean I am gonna drive with my parents and avoid paying for parking at the airport. You sure the I-380 connector will do me good? And I know planespotters go to Anza Blvd but it's no use going when it's night, since the A380 doesn't even reach til 7:45 at night.

Comment

Just arrived from SFO this morning.
                Departure was from Gate 101

Comment

Working...
                X