Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bye bye Henriot, welcome Charles Heidsieck?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye Henriot, welcome Charles Heidsieck?!

Was in J on SQ25 yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by being served Charles Heidsieck. No Henriot anywhere, not even on the menu. Now, what is going to be served on SQ16 today?
    /Desert Traveller

I had Charles Heidsieck on SQ 422 a couple of weeks ago. Despite the 7.30AM departure I made full use of this new enhancement.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

I still had Henriot on SQ38/37 the week before and after New Years. It was on the menu too and when they asked me to fill in a SQ feedback form I made sure to express my displeasure with that bubbly in the appropriate section of the survey. So can I take credit for the change? Just kidding ...
      Last edited by demue; 11 January 2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I had Charles Heidsieck as well on my flights to and from BOM in the last couple of weeks. So much better than the Henriot swill.

Comment

SQ16 had both on the menu (Charles Heidsieck or Henriot), but unfortunately Henriot was loaded. But it looks like they are moving to Charles Heidsieck, which is great. As noted in another thread, the T3 SKL J is on Charles Heidsieck as well.
          /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
            As noted in another thread, the T3 SKL J is on Charles Heidsieck as well.
            So is TPR, now that it seems to have replaced the Grande Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              So is TPR, now that it seems to have replaced the Grande Dame.
              Well that is an unwelcome change. Those two are not even in the same league.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                I had Charles Heidsieck as well on my flights to and from BOM in the last couple of weeks. So much better than the Henriot swill.
                Yup, Heidsieck was on J SIN-PVG and PVG-SIN last week. So long Henriot, what a shame. Henriot has been one of my favorites even before SQ switched to it. So sorry most on this board seem to be so against it. It was truly delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                  Yup, Heidsieck was on J SIN-PVG and PVG-SIN last week. So long Henriot, what a shame. Henriot has been one of my favorites even before SQ switched to it. So sorry most on this board seem to be so against it. It was truly delicious.
                  Henriot is a good champagne, but a little 'light'...it is nice on the ground, but it just loses too much in the air. So I am not sad to see it replaced by Charles Heidsieck.
                  /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                    Henriot is a good champagne, but a little 'light'...it is nice on the ground, but it just loses too much in the air. So I am not sad to see it replaced by Charles Heidsieck.
                    Agreed. I always liked Henriot, but am glad that Charles Heidseick is there because it tastes even better to me (had it more than once on SQ15).

Comment

Yah, Heidseick not bad still.

Similarly, I was sad to see the J class Italian Barbera go. However, was pleasantly surprised the new Aussie Shiraz quite drinkable and maybe even more so the new Spanish Rioja.

Comment

Y'all, I first saw this Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve on my SQ 391 the first weekend of December 2012.

This is not the same quality CH they used to serve in JCL four years ago is it? I detested that one, but this one is much smoother and the way it was served perfectly chilled by my recent SQ 976 crew was pure bubbly bliss! They poured me three glasses prior to take off

I did quite enjoy the Henriot during its brief tenure as default JCL champagne. Again, the trick really is to serve champagne and other sparklers well chilled. We know how even a glass of DP can taste ho-hum when not perfectly chilled.
                        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                          Y'all, I first saw this Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve on my SQ 391 the first weekend of December 2012.

This is not the same quality CH they used to serve in JCL four years ago is it? I detested that one, but this one is much smoother and the way it was served perfectly chilled by my recent SQ 976 crew was pure bubbly bliss! They poured me three glasses prior to take off

I did quite enjoy the Henriot during its brief tenure as default JCL champagne. Again, the trick really is to serve champagne and other sparklers well chilled. We know how even a glass of DP can taste ho-hum when not perfectly chilled.
                          Good point B727.

On a number of occasions, I have been disappointed at Champagne that was only marginally cool, often on CGK-SIN flights, though not limited to them. If I think about it, it seems odd that it would be a problem to make sure the Champagne is chilled, given that all food loaded has to be kept reliably well chilled. And in the case of CGK, all food and alcohol loaded hours before in SIN, if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Henriot on yesterdays SQ232 up from SYD...

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                            Again, the trick really is to serve champagne and other sparklers well chilled. We know how even a glass of DP can taste ho-hum when not perfectly chilled.
                            Indeed, and you'd be surprised how often you are given champagne that is not. While SQ are better than most even they sometimes have champagne not fully chilled, including DP en route to CGK earlier this week.

TG used to be terrible for serving stuff un-chilled, but they do seem to have improved over the last 18 months.

Comment

I liked the Bolli that SQ had before the Henriot. I have to reserve judgment on the CH till actually I get it served on a flight. But then if it is the one they serve in the SKL in SIN (black label) then I tried it and it was quite pleasant even though on the ground and in the air doesn't quite compare.

Comment

Working...
                              X