No announcement yet.

LHR to get fourth daily flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not uncommon for airlines to strategically cancel certain flights in weaker months to maintain a minimum load factor. They would normally cancel the less popular flights though.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Well that would explain it, although I still maintain cancelling the long standing and popular SQ322 is a bizarre way of going about it.

SQ305/6 is a 77W not 380.
      Yes, you are right- what I meant is that each respective flight would then have the same type of aircraft each day, not that all of the flights would have the same craft in common with each other.

Comment

They have a dispaly on at Harrods for a couple of weeks to celebrate/promote the new fourth daily flight.

Comment

Can anyone shed light on how there is demand to add an additional A380 of seats to/from LHR every day? I'm surprised that with the burden of the new UK long-haul tax and flights to/from other Euro destinations collapsing and downsizing that an extra 400 passengers are ready to buy tickets right across each day of the week. London is now $200 AU cheaper for a return Y from Australia than any other Euro destination across all airlines, so the profit margins must be becoming wafer thin, driven down by other carriers.

I could understand QF's focus on LHR as their biggest (ex-)codeshare partner operates out of there, but SQ has extremely few connections on offer that use LHR and they are simultaneously reducing seats to FRA, home of the EU's strongest economy.

Is it due to an increase in business travel between Asia and London?

Comment

2 weekends ago -

The 4 flights were 100% full in both economy and business over Friday and Saturday. Not a single seat left in both classes

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              Can anyone shed light on how there is demand to add an additional A380 of seats to/from LHR every day?
              My SQ319 last week had three of us in Suites, thirty in J and two hundred in Y. The inbound flight had less than that apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                My SQ319 last week had three of us in Suites, thirty in J and two hundred in Y. The inbound flight had less than that apparently.
                Very interesting you should raise this. I just checked flight24 to find that SQ308 has been flown with 77Ws for the last 3 mornings including today.

Comment

Heard that loads on SQ308 these few days are really bad. As low as only 60+ pax in economy
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                    Heard that loads on SQ308 these few days are really bad. As low as only 60+ pax in economy
                    Was on SQ308 last Saturday morning.
                    The load at upper deck is almost full. Business cabin is almost full as well.
                    Not sure about Y load at lower deck.

Comment

Was on SQ305 a few days back.

Commented to the CSS that the load was surprisingly light. I saw from EF 1/8 in F 3 days out, but was updated that F was 4/8 by the time of push back.

Visually, J was just about half occupied.

Comment

Singapore Airlines from 01JUL13 is adjusting planned operational aircraft on Singapore – London Heathrow service. SQ306/305 night-time from Singapore, will move from 777-300ER to A380, while SQ318/319 mid-day from Singapore, will move from A380 to Boeing 777-300ER.

till 30JUN13
                        SQ306 SIN0110 – 0735LHR 77W D
                        SQ308 SIN0905 – 1530LHR 388 D
                        SQ318 SIN1245 – 1910LHR 388 D
                        SQ322 SIN2330 – 0555+1LHR 388 D

SQ317 LHR1130 – 0720+1SIN 388 D
                        SQ305 LHR1405 – 0955+1SIN 77W D
                        SQ319 LHR2035 – 1625+1SIN 388 D
                        SQ321 LHR2205 – 1755+1SIN 388 D

eff 01JUL13

SQ306 SIN0110 – 0735LHR 388 D
                        SQ308 SIN0905 – 1530LHR 388 D
                        SQ318 SIN1245 – 1910LHR 77W D
                        SQ322 SIN2330 – 0555+1LHR 388 D

SQ317 LHR1130 – 0720+1SIN 388 D
                        SQ305 LHR1405 – 0955+1SIN 388 D
                        SQ319 LHR2035 – 1625+1SIN 77W D
                        SQ321 LHR2205 – 1755+1SIN 388 D

http://airlineroute.net/2012/12/04/sq-lhr-jul13/

Comment

Oh. That's a shame in terms of the retiming of 319 which was really just right.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                            Yes, that's a shame, I wonder why they did that. It can't be because of slots - they must have done a slot swap to move the 305 earlier

305 is too early, has no benefit over 317, and misses the early morning connection bank ex-SIN. And 319 is now too late - you used to be able to get to hotel leisurely, freshen up, be out for dinner - now timing is tight, and there is little added benefit over 321

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                              Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                              Yes, that's a shame, I wonder why they did that. It can't be because of slots - they must have done a slot swap to move the 305 earlier

305 is too early, has no benefit over 317, and misses the early morning connection bank ex-SIN. And 319 is now too late - you used to be able to get to hotel leisurely, freshen up, be out for dinner - now timing is tight, and there is little added benefit over 321
                              Maybe I'm blind, but I see no retiming, just an equipment swap in feb01mel's post.
                              /Desert Traveller

Comment

Actually everyone is correct.

Yes, the difference between the two schedules only shows an equipment swap.

But- the schedule shown differs markedly from the current flight timings.

This would suggest that they probably intended to reschedule the flights without an equipment swap- some time around March would be my guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X