Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early check-in

Hi.

I'm flying to Stockholm from Auckland with my son in June. AKL - SIN is with Air New Zealand and SIN - ARN is with Singapore Airlines.

As our stopover is 17h I'm looking into booking the Aerotel but I've talked to Air New Zealand and they're not able to check our baggage all the way to Stockholm so we will have to pick it up at Changi.

Will I be able to pick up our baggage, clear the customs and then check-in and drop off our baggage with Singapore Airlines straight away and then get back in airside as they have up to 24h early check-in? Is that correct? Just want to make sure before I book the hotel.

Cheers,
    Adam

You should ask NZ at check in, they should be able to check the bag through.
    Otherwise, you may try the transfer desk at SIN, I've read somewhere, they may be able to pick up the bag from the carousel from you, so you do not have to exit airside.

Comment

Originally posted by SweNZ View Post
      Hi.

I'm flying to Stockholm from Auckland with my son in June. AKL - SIN is with Air New Zealand and SIN - ARN is with Singapore Airlines.

As our stopover is 17h I'm looking into booking the Aerotel but I've talked to Air New Zealand and they're not able to check our baggage all the way to Stockholm so we will have to pick it up at Changi.

Will I be able to pick up our baggage, clear the customs and then check-in and drop off our baggage with Singapore Airlines straight away and then get back in airside as they have up to 24h early check-in? Is that correct? Just want to make sure before I book the hotel.

Cheers,
      Adam

It'll be less of a hassle if NZ is able to thru-check your bags. If NZ isn't able to do that for whatever reason, and the transfer counter in SIN can't assist, you may use the Early Check In (ECI) facility at the Jewel (note that access to Jewel is only via landside). Do take note of ECI operating hours.

SQ subscribes to the ECI facility so you may drop your backs between 24H to 3H before your connecting flight. You may re-enter to the air-side as your connecting flight is in less than 24H.

https://www.changiairport.com/en/air...iairlines.html
      Last edited by icn.sg; 29 February 2020, 01:45 AM.

Comment

NZ is ariving in T3 at Changi. You can pick up your luggage and straight away CI at the SQ counters in T3. It is not necessary to shove your luggage to the Jewel (T1) for early CI.

Anyway, i presume your luggage should be labeled through in AKL given that SQ and NZ are codeshare partners.

Comment

If your AKL - SIN is with Air New Zealand and SIN - ARN is with Singapore Airlines is all in one ticket then it should not be a issue as your check-in baggage wull be checked through to ARN. But if its ticketed differently into 2 separate tickets then you could still ask Air NZ when u check in at the airport to try and checked your baggage straight through as Air NZ and SQ have interline arrangement.

Comment

Working...
          X