First Class back on the BKK runs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Class back on the BKK runs....

Rather surprised to be offered a seat 'in row 1 or 2 in the First Class section' today at Suvarnabhumi....

And this was because....?

Because they aren't selling it, surely...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

...Mr. MAN FLYER was on SQ 975 which has been operated with the SQ series birds today?

last 4 SQ 972/975 rotations

1/14 - 9V-SQF
      1/13 - 9V-SQH
      1/12 - 9V-SQE
      1/11 - 9V-SQE
      Last edited by SINFJ; 14 January 2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

MAN Flyer flies too much to MAN.

First Class seats are available for quite some time already to/from BKK on some flights. We are talking Old Regional First here and that's nothing to write home about.

Better to get the Spacebed or fly TG with angled-flat beds.

Comment

Because they aren't selling it, surely...
          As SINFJ says, 9V-SQ* birds. We were on SQA.

I walked back to same gate and aircraft for my SQ960 to CGK a couple of hours later.

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          MAN Flyer flies too much to MAN.
          Indeed. You tend to find that when it's your local airport.

First Class seats are available for quite some time already to/from BKK on some flights.
          I fly the route about a dozen times a year and it's the first time I've been on a three class bird for a long time.

Agree about the SpaceBeds, although they will be even better when they are refurbed, but flying TG is a bit pointless and rather difficult when you are on an SQ ticket to other destinations.

Comment

So they aren't selling this, and you basically have to be Godlike to get old regional First is what you're saying...

Comment

So they aren't selling this, and you basically have to be Godlike to get old regional First is what you're saying...
              I actually turned the seat in F down as it was full and instead had the entire second J cabin to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                We are talking Old Regional First here and that's nothing to write home about.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Agree about the SpaceBeds, although they will be even better when they are refurbed, but flying TG is a bit pointless and rather difficult when you are on an SQ ticket to other destinations.
                I find this interesting as I prefer the old regional F for sitting/lounging in over the SpaceBed or TG's angled-flat/recliners (or whatever product they send to SIN nowadays).
                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

I get to fly the old regional F and in spite of the free-flowing DP, it still feels very much the old regional F cabin!

I did sit in 2E on an SQ 972 sometime last year and the LS served a lukewarm glass of Henriot while his colleage, a blue kebaya-clad FSS assigned to the front 12 fully occupied seats walked around like a "fish out of water."

MAN Flyer, I wished you had been on my recent SQ 976 where the most beautiful green kebaya-clad Singapore Girl brightened the entire Space Bed cabin with her smile. A Moroccan-looking handsome LS poured me three glasses of perfectly chilled CHBR (a record so far for 2013! ) and an equally charismatic youthful-looking IFS (who looks like Nitin Sawhney) served me my BTC Lamb Chops to rival any BTC FCL and TPR meal I had in 2012!

Now that was truly SQFirst Class service
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                    I find this interesting as I prefer the old regional F for sitting/lounging in over the SpaceBed or TG's angled-flat/recliners (or whatever product they send to SIN nowadays).
                    Not in a 772 perhaps. Did this some years back when they still sold F to BKK and the 773 had a roomier cabin feel than the 772.

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post

MAN Flyer, I wished you had been on my recent SQ 976 where the most beautiful green kebaya-clad Singapore Girl brightened the entire Space Bed cabin with her smile. A Moroccan-looking handsome LS poured me three glasses of perfectly chilled CHBR (a record so far for 2013! ) and an equally charismatic youthful-looking IFS (who looks like Nitin Sawhney) served me my BTC Lamb Chops to rival any BTC FCL and TPR meal I had in 2012!

Now that was truly SQFirst Class service
                      Are you sure it wasn't just the eye candy ?
                      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                        Are you sure it wasn't just the eye candy ?
                        Eye candy only goes so far. It is the commesurate excellence and gracefulness in executing the inflight service by which the crew deliver a first class experience in JCL
                        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Had another three class bird on SQ975 last week. The amusing thing is everybody wants to sit in the F cabin, so all the seats in there are taken leaving plenty opportunities for an empty seat next to you further back, which I'll take any day over 'F seat' and a seatmate.

Comment

Haha. I agree with you there man flyer
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                            X