Business Class Seats Selection & Meal Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Class Seats Selection & Meal Choice

Having not flown SQ before just wondering if anyone can advise do SQ run out of meal choice options in business class depending on where you are sitting? Having had this happen a number of times on Qantas am hoping to avoid this. We have seats 14H & K Brisbane to Singapore on the A330 & 11D & F on the 777 Singapore- London & the same return from Barcelona to Singapore & Singpaore to Brisbane. Thanks

Originally posted by magnumpi View Post
    Having not flown SQ before just wondering if anyone can advise do SQ run out of meal choice options in business class depending on where you are sitting? Having had this happen a number of times on Qantas am hoping to avoid this. We have seats 14H & K Brisbane to Singapore on the A330 & 11D & F on the 777 Singapore- London & the same return from Barcelona to Singapore & Singpaore to Brisbane. Thanks
    Welcome to SQTalk, magnumpi. Yes there are instances where the meal choice do run out. My personal experiences have been rare so far but it could be due my status as PPS. You could consider the "Book the Cook" option on SQ to ensure that meal choice is delivered. I am considering using this option more as I do find the standard meals on the past half a dozen trips not to my liking.

Comment

For the A330, seating row 14 is around the middle of the cabin, so is very hard to say when will the choices run out. If your flight has many PPS pax, they will be given a choice first on the meal before normal pax.

For Brisbane sector, for first meal normally will start from first row, row 11. Then second meal they will start from the last row to be fair to paxs sitting behind.

As for London sector on 777-300ER, row 11, same thing usually. For first meal they will start from row 11 then move on to the back. For second meal, they will start from last row.

Well, no harm to try to place your order first once you receive the menu, ie, before take off, & let the cabin crew know.

For me, the choices very seldom do run out.

Alternatively, you could Book the Cook. This is available from this link :

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...kcook/menu.jsp

Book the Cook will guarantee you get your choice ahead of ordering. However, note from Brisbane-Singapore there is no Book the Cook service, for your other sectors you could.

Comment

Hi magnumpi,

It's funny you should ask this question. Just recently I sent SQ some feedback on meal selection. Here is my "vision" of how things should work:

Between 72 hours and 24 hours before your flight, you log in to the SQ web site and "Select Meals" for your booking. Lo and behold, the in-flight menus are up there for you to browse.

Once you decide which option you like, you can select it there and then - guaranteeing your choice. Don't like any of the options? - then select a special meal, or BTC, it's all there in the same place.

Of course, supply issues may dictate a last minute menu swap, but I'm guessing this happens <1% of the time. Even then, you are no worse off than at present.

Sure, people will call me crazy. But then I am in good company

BTW, the simple answer to your question is that it is very rare for meal choices to run out - particularly in premium classes. Even if it does happen, SQ tends to load a few additional meals that are not on the menu, and the FA's are very accommodating at putting something together for you.

Comment

I like that suggestion DinkumDave (welcome to SQTalk, by the way) - do let us know if SQ gets back to you about that.

To answer the OP, yes, it does happen, not just in J but in F also. I've had this happen to me twice on SQ, once in J and once in F.

Hence I tend to load up at TPR, hehe

Comment

I also strongly suggest using the Book the Cook option if you can. This way you know exactly what you're getting and there will not be any surprises or problems like them running out of your meal choice.

Comment

I personally prefer the Book the Cook choices than the standard meals on most sectors

Comment

Great idea to book the meal you want online. Or alternative, include more BTC options. I do wish SQ can also include photos of the actual meal in the website when booking BTC.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
                  I do wish SQ can also include photos of the actual meal in the website when booking BTC.
                  Right, so we can get threads on 'Cost-cutting! My meal didn't look like the one on the website'.

I agree that BTC options could use an update.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Yup, BTC needs some fresh dishes. Getting bored. And I don't travel THAT often.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                      Yup, BTC needs some fresh dishes. Getting bored. And I don't travel THAT often.
                      I think it's been at least 5 years since they last updated the menus. Yikes.

Comment

Working...
                      X