Confirmed J booking but no seat for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RHG View Post
    I'm not sure whether to take this as good news or not. Im glad the op is happy with the situation but it would depend on how much the ultimate cash back you get. Even though SQ is a famously stingy airline. 2 x 100 usd vouchers and 8k miles is not a lot IMHO. And im guessing that the op will not reveal it.
    I was desperate to get on that flight, and I am happy that I did. Obviously, who likes to be downgraded? I may seem happy but it is because I got onto the flight, not really about the compensations.
    Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

Originally posted by spw21 View Post
      I was desperate to get on that flight, and I am happy that I did. Obviously, who likes to be downgraded? I may seem happy but it is because I got onto the flight, not really about the compensations.
      Glad you are happy about it. I think SQ is lucky to have a passenger liked you. My understanding is that past compensations were far better and closer to 4 figures. But in my opinion no need to be too kind to SQ and the result is that SQ will take for granted in applying the same standard to us.

Comment

Well,my miles are credited (I insisted they credit J miles) which earns me PPS status!! Now how shall I celebrate

Comment

Well,my miles are credited (I insisted they credit J miles) which earns me PPS status!! Now how shall I celebrate
          Good on you, mate. As long as you are happy with the compensation, all should be ok. But like what LionCity stated, there is really no need to be too kind to SQ in the future.

Anyways hope you had a good flight!
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Were you given just miles (PLUS 25% addition to actual miles) plus PPSValue of your business class ticket cost or just miles?

Comment

Did you get a refund of the airfare paid or at least the fare difference?

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                Were you given just miles (PLUS 25% addition to actual miles) plus PPSValue of your business class ticket cost or just miles?
                I'm not sure exactly what you mean but here's the miles they gave me:
                SQ322 J SIN-LHR 8452
                25% tier bonus 2113
                Downgrade compensation 8000

I thought they were going to give me Y miles and the downgrade compensation covers for the difference for J-Y miles, but turns out they still gave me J miles and PPS Value

Originally posted by fone View Post
                Did you get a refund of the airfare paid or at least the fare difference?
                I got a refund on the difference between the J fare and a Y fare

Comment

would have been best if you just reveal how much exactly. sorry to be upfront and direct.

Comment

would have been best if you just reveal how much exactly. sorry to be upfront and direct.
                    I am sure if the OP wants to share that info, they will do. If they don't, they won't, and you'll have to get used to it.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but here's the miles they gave me:
                      SQ322 J SIN-LHR 8452
                      25% tier bonus 2113
                      Downgrade compensation 8000

I thought they were going to give me Y miles and the downgrade compensation covers for the difference for J-Y miles, but turns out they still gave me J miles and PPS Value

I got a refund on the difference between the J fare and a Y fare
                      Thanks for sharing, spw21.
                      Glad you got the PPS value credited despite the downgrade.
                      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

What do you have against me? Is ther something in particular you want to know about the miles earned?
                        Last edited by spw21; 4 March 2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X