Booking SQ flights through Expedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC* View Post
    Try it on their website using your booking number and name used in the booking. If you are a Krisflyer member, your bookings will automatically show up when you log in - under "my bookings" section. I was able to select seats even though my ticket was purchased thru an agent previously (but then, I am KF member).
    I am also a member, flew KUL-IAH last summer (longest flight ever, by the way.. )

So does this mean after buying the ticket off Expedia, I can log on to SQ's website and select seats?

Comment

As mentioned before, only up to 48 hours before the flight via online check in if booked externally.

You can choose your seats at time of booking only when you book from the SQ website.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
        As mentioned before, only up to 48 hours before the flight via online check in if booked externally.

You can choose your seats at time of booking only when you book from the SQ website.
        The last time I was booked via a ticketing agent, I was able to get in and select my seat using my booking number and name. Showed up not only my name but all the others booked in the same booking. I was even able to book an upgrade online. Could it be that the ticketing agent simply used the SQ website? Or has SQ improved their web services? I dunno...

Jani - try it out and let us know the outcome.

Comment

The booking reference you get from Expedia might be different from the booking reference used by SQ. Try calling Expedia and get the SQ booking reference, then use this for logging onto SQ's web site to find your booking. From there you should then be able to choose your seat. If Expedia can't get you this, call up SQ and with your name, flight number and date they should be able to pass you the reference number.
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Expedia gives both reference numbers. This is not the first time I'm booking through them, just the first time for SQ.

Usually on other (mostly American) airlines, I can just use the reference number provided by Expedia and manage my booking on said airlines' website.

I guess the only way to find out is to just do it eh? Give me a few days. Gotta sort some stuff first.

Comment

I booked my flights for the UK last september through TravelCentre (wished I hadnt bothered as they were useless) and managed to get them to give me the SQ ref and could manage my booking as normal including seat selection.

The only thing I couldnt do was cancel the fare etc, vs when I booked to go to Thailand in Dec on SIA.com I could.

I have been on the SIA A380 5 times now and everytime in emergency exit seats on the top deck, mainly cause I am 6'4 tall. I would say its worth it the leg room is massive, although I did get op'd on my flight from SYD to SIN on the 747 to J and have to say I am now considering never going back to Y.

The EMEX dont have windows, the door does but you will be hard pressed to see it from your seat and 2nd of all you dont get any storage down the side of your seat like all the other seats do on the top deck.

Comment

Working...
              X