Redemption Tickets vs Paid Tickets for Op Up for Oversold Flt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redemption Tickets vs Paid Tickets for Op Up for Oversold Flt

I have a redemption J class ticket to Manila. Just discovered J class is super full, I am just EG status, any chance to op up to F ?

Will redemption ticket holders have a lower chance to get upgrade than paid ticket holders? Or is Status still the priority?

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
    I have a redemption J class ticket to Manila. Just discovered J class is super full, I am just EG status, any chance to op up to F ?

Will redemption ticket holders have a lower chance to get upgrade than paid ticket holders? Or is Status still the priority?
    Don't wanna pooh pooh this but I was once on a MNL flight which wasn't oversold in J, just full. There were 36 PPS out of the 42 in that cabin and as a QPP4 i was "ranked" 34th out of 36..... there were 3 LPP's duking it out for an upgrade to first and in the end none of them got it cause there was no need to.

Status has priority, but amongst paid ticket holders first if i recall correctly. Not saying it can't happen as it has before - but I wouldn't count on it too much.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Don't wanna pooh pooh this but I was once on a MNL flight which wasn't oversold in J, just full. There were 36 PPS out of the 42 in that cabin and as a QPP4 i was "ranked" 34th out of 36..... there were 3 LPP's duking it out for an upgrade to first and in the end none of them got it cause there was no need to.

Status has priority, but amongst paid ticket holders first if i recall correctly. Not saying it can't happen as it has before - but I wouldn't count on it too much.
      Thanks flyergirl. I realise Economy is also overbooked now, haha hopefully some pax from EYCL op up to JCL, then more pax from JCL op up to PCL then...hehe

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
        Thanks flyergirl. I realise Economy is also overbooked now, haha hopefully some pax from EYCL op up to JCL, then more pax from JCL op up to PCL then...hehe
        Last I recalled that flights to Manila has only one flight with FCL configuration. I remembered it was the morning flight at around 9.45 am if I am correct.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
          Last I recalled that flights to Manila has only one flight with FCL configuration. I remembered it was the morning flight at around 9.45 am if I am correct.
          Correct, SQ910 is the first flight of the day which departs at 9.45am. This is the only flight to Manil which has 3 class configuration.

Comment

Working...
          X