No announcement yet.

Does SQ have a Chauffeur service for F?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does SQ have a Chauffeur service for F?

I didn't think that SQ offered this as part of a normal F fare. Then I see they have a special on for R class passengers.

Just wondering, does SQ offer a complimentary Chauffeur service for F in any of their ports? In particular for me, SIN or LAX?

Originally posted by Albatross710 View Post
    I didn't think that SQ offered this as part of a normal F fare. Then I see they have a special on for R class passengers.

Just wondering, does SQ offer a complimentary Chauffeur service for F in any of their ports? In particular for me, SIN or LAX?
    No, No, No...SQ doesn't provide this service at all.

I know Emirates do provide this service though. I hope one day SQ does provide this service.

Comment

No chauffeur service to/from airport when flying SQ F. I would take the SQ F soft/hard inflight experience anytime over chauffeur service offered by other airlines. I think it will be the best F experience you have ever had.

Comment

Plus the car they use is likely worse than your own. Most F class pax have top flight Benz, Audi, BMW, etc. - why would they want to go to the airport in something like a Ford or GM that most livery services use? Can't see the point. And before you say that they can use German limos, think if car services have enough of those types of cars to satisfy all F class pax departing out of a hub like Singapore. Likely not - hence for consitency, the use of cars like GM and Fords.

I think EK offer it as a differentiating item. I wonder what the uptake on it is.
        Last edited by bmchris; 21 February 2010, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmchris View Post
          Plus the car they use is likely worse than your own. Most F class pax have top flight Benz, Audi, BMW, etc. - why would they want to go to the airport in something like a Ford or GM that most livery services use? Can't see the point. And before you say that they can use German limos, think if car services have enough of those types of cars to satisfy all F class pax departing out of a hub like Singapore. Likely not - hence for consitency, the use of cars like GM and Fords.

I think EK offer it as a differentiating item. I wonder what the uptake on it is.
          Huh?

EK gives business and first class passengers limo transfer, even travellers on award/upgrades, and even those on short flights (eg AKL-SYD). I've had a variety of cars used when I've taken advantage, most commonly though is Merc.

Comment

Do you think there are enough S Class Mercs in Singapore with livery companies to cover all F pax? Sure, out in Sydney, Auckland, that may be the case. But in Singapore - I would say probably not, given the number of flights, and close departure times. And in the US, the most common livery car is the Lincoln Town Car. There are more stretch limos than BMW and Merc limos in my personal estimation. And don't get me started on how worn those cars can feel, even if they are spotless.

So in terms of consistent product, it would not be the same globally. And in markets like the US and Singapore, based on the reaons stated, the product would be inferior to what the flyer is personally used to. My point being, would SQ offer something that is not likely consistent internationally, and would likely be perceived as inferior? It may make more sense to offer free and secure valet parking than a limo service IMHO, where you drop your car at the curb - and it is back there after arriving, washed and detailed.

Part of enjoying a trip is coming home - I personally love getting into my own car at the airport as part of this feeling, the seat where you want it, music you like - familiar, warm and personal.
            Last edited by bmchris; 21 February 2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Should SQ have a chauffeur service for First Class and Singapore Airlines Suites passengers ?

Cathay Pacific have explicitly stated that travellers do not find value in the service and would rather invest the airline's efforts into making other constitutents of their value proposition better.

Singapore Airlines has internally come to more or less the same conclusion.

However, at the Business Travel Show recently in London, I spoke to my company's account manager from Virgin Atlantic and she made a good point (that I hadn't considered before). If you take a cab from the City of London to LHR and then another one from JFK to Manhattan then that can cost quite a lot.

Virgin does offer this for qualifying Upper Class fares and when you look at how much the person travelling spends on 4 cab journeys it's can be quite a saving (on top of VS's more competitive fare in the first place).

For SQ though, BMChris makes an astute point in saying that it needs to be consistent network-wide where the two aforementioned classes are offered.

Comment

I think this should be offered as an complimentary option.
                  Maybe yes some passengers would have their own more luxurious/comfortable cars at some of the destinations they fly to. But most of us still need to use public transport (taxi/airport express train) or rental cars during our trips. Many times I opted for the hotel car for pick up/airport send off.

As to the consistency issue, I don't really think it is such a big deal really. Some Aman resorts properties in Bali uses Toyota Kijang Innovas for airport transfers, while Amangani in the US have a fleet of Lexus LX570s for the same purpose. As long as they have reasonable standards (Toyota Innovas - which costs 1/10th of a Lexus LX570 in Indonesia - are perfectly fine for airport transfers in Bali) for each destination, I don't think it would be a problem.

Customers who insist on using only their own Phantoms and Maybachs exclusively are still free to carry on their ways.

Maybe start with long haul routes?
                  I think outsourcing would be a good option for SQ too. No need to worry about keeping their own fleet of limos.
                  SQ can do a deal with the Merc-E class taxi operator in Singapore for example. With brand new 2010 E-class sedans, of course.
                  Last edited by StarG; 21 February 2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Personally i think it depends on the location - i am very happy at changi to jump in a cab as they are cheap and reliable and even though i live in london it feels like i am coming home when i jump in a Sing cab. however when arriving into a city like mumbai it is always great to have an airline car waiting - VX before they stopped flying the LHR - BOM route and now EK

Comment

Hi there people, i have friend who is running a limo service in singapore and after i told him abt this thread, he is very interested to submit a proposal to SQ. Any idea who he can contact in SQ?

Comment

Do you think there are enough S Class Mercs in Singapore with livery companies to cover all F pax? Sure, out in Sydney, Auckland, that may be the case. But in Singapore - I would say probably not, given the number of flights, and close departure times.

So in terms of consistent product, it would not be the same globally.
                        There may not be enough S-Class Mercs but there's plenty of white E-Class ones in Singapore. I for one am 100% sure that SQ is not implementing this anytime soon for F pax. I'll be willing to swallow my words if and when it does happen.

/me leans back and crosses legs to wait...

Comment

I feel a "Door to Door" chauffeur should be offered by all airlines for First & Biz passengers.

Here in Sydney we have 3 airlines offering this service Emirates, Etihad & Virgin Atlantic.

For Emirates & Virgin passengers they are chauffeur driven in any type of car from Holden Caprice to the top of the line Merc S Class.

Etihad First passengers are chauffeur driven in Euro Cars (Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, Merc S Class) only. Biz passengers in any type of limo.

This service is also offered to families who fly in F/J. We all know how much hard work it is flying with kids & there is no better feeling hoping off a long flight with a Chauffeur holding a sign in the arrivals hall for you. Then going straight to a car (normally Mercedes Benz Viano's for the family) & getting home to relax.

I know for a fact that large corp's look at this when booking Biz travel for there staff. On a return business trip overseas this can be a large saving for a company. This is 4 airport transfers all including in the price of the airline ticket & can save over $400 in taxi fares.

SQ needs to offer this service to its premium passengers if they want to stay in the game with EK & EY. I would be happy to use some KrisFlyer miles to pay for a chauffeur service to & from the airport, but this is not offered. Why not SQ

Comment

Do you think there are enough S Class Mercs in Singapore with livery companies to cover all F pax? Sure, out in Sydney, Auckland, that may be the case. But in Singapore - I would say probably not, given the number of flights, and close departure times.
                            Number of cars needed is not that large.

Flights aren't all at the same time and pick-up/drop off times are also staggered (some people like to arrive early and others later).

Not every F pax wants/needs a transfer.

Not needed for connecting pax.

People travel together - so a family of 4 in F only needs 1 car.

Comment

Working...
                            X