Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A380 J saver redemption available now - or glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 J saver redemption available now - or glitch?

My buddy got switched from B773 to A380 on SYD-SIN in April. He's reporting that there is wide availability for A380 J saver redemption now on that route.

Perhaps this is a glitch as they switch the timetable around? Folks may want to check this out.

I caution that this info is second hand to me, albeit from a very good friend, and it may be a SQ glitch that will be reversed/not-honoured. If this is a glitch, the mods may want to "hide" the thread .

It seems as a result of SQ220 (Syd 0805 Sin 1430) being switched to an A380 in April onwards, J saver awards are available for this sector only...the award booking system obviously hasn't been fully updated as yet! Be quick...

Comment

He mentioned a LOT of available dates.

Comment

Well unfortunately I don't have enough reason to go to SE Asia at the moment ........ I can see availability to all the way to Xmas and New Year.

Comment

SQ 220 showing as 380 on the award redemption screen, but if trying to book with $$$ on SQ website, it is showing as 777-200ER.

Comment

I can confirm that this glitch or otherwise is very real. I've taken advantage of it for SYD-SIN in April absolutely stoked. Again, mods hide this if necessary

Comment

Originally posted by hsf View Post
              SQ 220 showing as 380 on the award redemption screen, but if trying to book with $$$ on SQ website, it is showing as 777-200ER.
              Yes, agreed. Can anyone confirm which is correct?
              Redemption showing A380 but for commercial paid tickets is showing 777-200.

Comment

Checked some dates on ANA but can't see this...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Checked some dates on ANA but can't see this...
                  I haven't looked myself but are they showing up for saver awards for KF members only ?. While not as good as *A awards themselves it would be a nice and well overdue change if they are available.

Comment

Just check expertflyer.com seat map, strange, Apr & May SQ220 & SQ222 seat map is showing A380.....

But out of SIN, only SQ221 is operating A380 only. How can we have 2 A380s operating to SYD then?

SQ website is in a mess now, commercial ticket webpg is showing SQ220 as B777-200, but Redemption webpg showing SQ220 as A380.

Comment

just go with the flow!

Comment

Guess this is more or less the new rotation.

A380-800
                        SIN-SYD SQ221
                        SYD-SIN SQ220

777-300A
                        SIN-SYD SQ219
                        SYD-SIN SQ232

777-300ER #1
                        SIN-SYD SQ233
                        SYD-SIN SQ234

777-300ER #2
                        SIN-SYD SQ231
                        SYD-SIN SQ222

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                          Guess this is more or less the new rotation.

777-300A
                          SIN-SYD SQ219
                          SYD-SIN SQ232
                          I presume this is the refurbished 777-300? Is the economy class cabin similar to the A380 and 777-300ER?
                          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
                            I presume this is the refurbished 777-300? Is the economy class cabin similar to the A380 and 777-300ER?
                            thanks
                            no, the economy for 773A still same old seats, just with new cover.

Comment

Loophole plugged.

Comment

Working...
                              X