[SIN] Lounge choices at SIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SIN] Lounge choices at SIN?

I am a (relatively) lowly Frequent Flyer travelling through SIN on an SQ J booking and I have *A (UA 1P) status. What are my lounge choices (if any) other than the SKL C Lounges in T2 and/or T3? I have used both and they are more than fine--just wondering what else is out there.

thanks

Originally posted by renault4 View Post
    I am a (relatively) lowly Frequent Flyer travelling through SIN on an SQ J booking and I have *A (UA 1P) status. What are my lounge choices (if any) other than the SKL C Lounges in T2 and/or T3? I have used both and they are more than fine--just wondering what else is out there.

thanks
    Are you having an intention for lounge hopping?
    Unfortunately, in my personal point of view, when flying SQ C class, the best option will be to stick to SKL C lounge at T3.

Comment

Originally posted by renault4 View Post

thanks
      All of the *A lounges in SIN are on this map... thanks to www.staralliance.com
      http://www.staralliance.com/int/int_..._map_large.gif

I haven't tried them all so can't tell you how good they are.
      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

If you guys want to browse the SQ-Operated/Contract Lounges/Star Alliance Lounges in this forum, you can find all each shown above. Thus you can browse the pictures as well. Again, for me, I will stick with SKL C at T3.

Comment

And if you want to pay and/or have a Priority Pass, you can sample some more lounges to find out why - despite the complaints on here from some - the SKL J is really very goooooooood...

Comment

I have indeed experienced the SKL C Lounges in both T2 and T3, each once on a trip through SIN last month. I too found them excellent. In the case of the T2 Lounge, I came in at around 5am and had until 10.30 for my onward connection to KUL. The T2 lounge was a wonderful place to spend that time; there was little open at SIN at that time (though there were many places) and for someone used mostly to the UA RCCs in the US, the showers were a godsend! Given the selection and quality of food on the incoming SQ flight, I was not in need of any further significant amounts of food, yet there were plenty of fresh choices to nibble on.

The T3 lounge on the way back was equally well appointed, and though busier at the times I was there, handled the amount of folk elegantly and, as was the case for the T2 lounge, was delightfully quiet!

I can imagine they are hard to beat without going up to the Private Room or other First Class Lounges.

Comment

I can imagine they are hard to beat without going up to the Private Room or other First Class Lounges.
              The problem with the Flounge and the TPR is that there really isn't anything to get excited about the Flounge and the TPR over and above the SKL C. As you say, the SKL C is a pretty good lounge, but there is no corresponding uplift in quality in the Flounge/TPR.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                The problem with the Flounge and the TPR is that there really isn't anything to get excited about the Flounge and the TPR over and above the SKL C. As you say, the SKL C is a pretty good lounge, but there is no corresponding uplift in quality in the Flounge/TPR.
                Right. Onboard F is much better than C. You'd expect for an airline that chases premium pax (as opposed to US-based airlines that give the premium cabin away), at it's home airport, will have a corresponding significant improvement in F lounge over C lounge. Those expectations are not at all met, hence all the negative comments about SKL F. We know SQ can do much better, but it chooses not to

Comment

so if i'm EG and flying economy, i can use the ANA and thai airway lounges? I suppose they're better than the contract lounges?

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                    so if i'm EG and flying economy, i can use the ANA and thai airway lounges? I suppose they're better than the contract lounges?
                    Are you flying economy on which airlines? If on SQ, by the rules, yes you can visit TG lounge, but it is in T1. I am too old for lounge hopping. Too far to walk. And I don't find TG lounge at T1 is superior than others.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm flying SQ, and the EG lounge at T3 is sooooo

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                        ... the EG lounge at T3 is sooooo
                        As disappointing as it is, given our expectations of SQ, I would actually rate it better than the options in the other terminals.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          As disappointing as it is, given our expectations of SQ, I would actually rate it better than the options in the other terminals.
                          I had been in TG Lounge. I had seen the new T3 KFG Lounge. I would rather be at KFG Lounge then at TG Lounge. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                            I would rather be at KFG Lounge then at TG Lounge. But that's just me.
                            You and I are on the same wavelength on EG options at SIN.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I think the T2 KFEG lounge's food spread offers more variety than the one in T3. Shower facilities also available in the T2 one. Makes it the better of the two in my opinion..

Comment

Working...
                              X