Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MR KUL-SIN-DPS-SIN-KUL

Here's a little TR on my MR for EG last weekend to DPS

It started with a nice little train ride aboard the KLIA express from the central train station in Kuala Lumpur (XKL), where CX, EK and MH has check-in counters (perhaps SQ should consider too!).

It was a little gloomy that day, and soon enough the train was travelling at it's maximum speed of 160km/h - rendering the landscape into a blur.

After immigrations, it was off to the satellite building via yet another train ride...

And soon, it was lift off via MI 338 KUL/SIN. As you can see, the weather wasn't too good that day.

It was indeed a Christmas-y mood aboard SQ 944 (772 I think)...

1 hour delay due to one runway being closed in SIN that day, lo and behold who was ahead of the line.. .

I really love the view from the back of the A380, the curvature of the wings make the mammoth a little sultry hehe

Soon enough, I too, was waving to them folks down on the ground...

Lousy food this time around - Seafood meal, some fish (dry like cardboard) and soggy nasi goreng / overdone risotto..

Dozed off to the Milano Lounge album on my Nokia N85, soon it was flaps and landing gear down as the planed approached DPS...

To be continued (the author is now sipping cocktails with them little umbrellas by the beach in Four Seasons Langkawi )...
    Last edited by leo; 2 January 2009, 11:20 AM.

The author is back from having his Four Seasons moment in Langkawi - with a glowing tan

Some of you might have seen this picture on your SPG mailers - this is a HDR shot I took...

And some shots of the grounds of The Westin Nusa Dua

It was getting dark so I headed to the lobby lounge and had my favourite glass of Sauvignon Blanc from Villa Maria in the Marlborough area of New Zealand. I really like this young refreshing wine with a nose of lychees, citrus and the generally fresh and uplifting properties.

Soon it was time for dinner at the Ikan restaurant located by the seaside. The appetiser of scallop tartar with prawns were rather delicate in flavour.

At the centre of the restaurant was a stage, some nice American lady was singing cabaret music to 2 tables of patrons - one table of parents and two kids, and the other, me.

Mains of seafood skewer with home-made vegetable linguine with saffron sauce was a mixture of good and bad. The seafood and noodles were evidently fresh but the sauce was rather overpowering with strong hints of ginger (where did the saffron go!?!).

I retired to my nice SPG preferred room and slept like a baby on the Heavenly Bed (TM). LOL
    Last edited by leo; 12 December 2008, 06:16 PM. Reason: The author is back from having his Four Seasons moment in Langkawi

Comment

Woke up the following morning and had breakfast at the Capsicum Cafe (nothing to shout about really). Wasn't a pleasant experience due to the fact that the hotel was attached to a convention centre and there was a major Wushu thingie going on. Needless to say, breakfast was a nightmare.

Welcoming respite of DPS airport, and back into the safe and loving arms of SQ 943 (I think).

*note to self - don't use polariser when taking pics through the aircraft window

Reminders of home...

I think this shot is customary no?

And so, all was well...

That's all folks! Hope you enjoyed reading!

Most photos were taken using the Sony DSC-F828 and some using my Nokia N85.
      Last edited by leo; 12 December 2008, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X