No announcement yet.

Flo caught the gold fever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the complimentary chocolates from SWISS, which you get regardless of class of travel. Nice touch

Comment

The chockies are great. During the Euro Cup they were little round balls with football wrappers - yummy.

Now as much as I enjoyed reading Florian's report I have to question the environmental impact behind his retaining BD*G. However, given his services to airport art scenes at night I think he can be forgiven.

Comment

aaaaah.... hehe VC10 Boy - a lot of my friends tell me that it's bad for the environment that I just fly without a "real" reason. Fortunately, I had a few classes on climate change and air travel only makes up for 2% of the globally produced CO2 emissions. I guess there is no harm in saying that the plane would have taken off without me and burned that fuel anyway ... =) at least it's then when most people don't want to talk about this anymore. But then again, I don't have a car, use public transport (car traffic accounts for 20% of CO2 emissions) and only use the radiator when it's absolutely necessary - heating accounts for about 20% of emitted CO2 Additionally, I am not a cow ... and my methan emissions are far inferior (4% emissions) ...
        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Enjoyable TR as always. Looking forward to the next installment.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            Dude, that C Class is looking an awful similar to a whY. What's up with SWISS? Scary.
            As KeithMEL said, it is exactly the same Y configuration (dimensions, spacing, etc.), and the only difference is that the middle seat is empty. This is pretty standard configuration in almost all European C flights.

Good stuff, FLO! Keep it up...

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
              As KeithMEL said, it is exactly the same Y configuration (dimensions, spacing, etc.), and the only difference is that the middle seat is empty. This is pretty standard configuration in almost all European C flights.
              i.e. convertible seating; with the curtain being moved forward or back (and the middle seats adjusted accordingly) depending on the load in C.

As N_Architect mentions, there are exceptions, e.g. BA's Club Europe seating on some aircraft where - as well as the curtain moving - on the left hand side, the middle seat squashes so that the outer two seats gain about two inches of extra width (the middle seat then becomes an area for dumping newspapers etc) and on the right hand side, the three seats expand to give the same width as the two expanded seats on the left hand side.

There's also more seat pitch in the front of the plane so if sat in Y and depending where the curtain is, it's best to sit as far forward as possible to try and benefit from this.

It also means that the first row of Y behind the curtain on the left hand side is also setup in C configuration (i.e. 2 expanded seats and 1 squashed middle seat) so that the trolley pushed through the curtain doesn't bang on the legs of those sitting behind the curtain; making these two seats amongst the most sought after in Y!

Comment

Waiting for the next instalment to ATH!

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Flo, Flo, Flo, you're mad!
                Looking at your BA97, next weekend it seems!

Comment

Working...
                X