Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MEL] NZ C

Click on thumbnails for larger pics.

edited to add: Even though this is a *G lounge and you're officially able to access it with a SQ F/C BP or SQ*G, the lounge matrons will more often than not (occassionally politely) point you to the SKL if you're not flying on NZ or TG. Access really depends on the staff you speak to. Capacity control is often invoked as an excuse, and unfortunately they're well within the rules to do so. Try your best to butter them up anyway as this lounge is by far the best in MEL.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 25 December 2006, 03:55 AM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Opening Hours?

What is the operating hours of this lounge? Thanks.

Comment

i'll definitely try and be extra nice to the lounge dragons when i visit in Dec. The lounge looks really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
        What is the operating hours of this lounge? Thanks.
        No real info on NZ's website, except that the lounge opens 3 hrs prior to the departure of each NZ flight. NZ has flights out of MEL throughout the day. You can get a rough idea of the opening hours by looking up the MEL flight timetable I suppose.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I used it prior to SQ228 earlier this year and they were just opening up when I got there. I was the first one in. They were actually opening for the TG flight as TG pax use the NZ lounge.

It's an excellent lounge and much better than the (frankly poor, again) SKL there.

Comment

Thanks KeithMEL. I will be taking SQ218 in a few weeks time, and at that unearthly hour I believed this NZ lounge will be closed. So that left me with only SKL to visit.

An off topic, in MEL, which lounge does TG used? Do they tag along the SQ and NZ lounges under *G, or do TG have a contract lounge (say QF?)

Thanks for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              They were actually opening for the TG flight as TG pax use the NZ lounge.
              Does it mean that this lounge will be open for TG980 departing for BKK at 2330hrs?

If that's the case, I will have a outside chance to use this lounge travelling on SQ218.

Comment

Does it mean that this lounge will be open for TG980 departing for BKK at 2330hrs?
                That would be quite a long opening stretch bearing in mind SQ228 leaves at 1550!!.

It was open for TG982 at 1605, which I don't think is daily ?.

TG did use the QF lounge up until recently.

Comment

An off topic, in MEL, which lounge does TG used? Do they tag along the SQ and NZ lounges under *G, or do TG have a contract lounge (say QF?)
                  TG is meant to be using the NZ lounge.
                  I've only done the TG982 departure, so I'm not sure if the 2330 departure uses the same lounge?

Comment

TG pax now use the NZ lounge for all flights. They used the QF lounge until about a year or so ago.

The last time I flew TG982, which was an A346 so not that long ago, we used the QF lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      TG pax now use the NZ lounge for all flights.
                      That would indeed be good news for my upcoming SQ218 flight. Hopefully I would be at the airport early enough to visit this lounge.

Comment

see id luv to try all these lounges buuuut with no domestic *A, it aint gonn happen just too much hassle to fly then

great pics

Comment

Lounge isn't open in time for SQ238's departure.

Comment

sppaaaantastic. But even then i would fly out wiht NZ as long as there was a star connection in Aus. ( u and ** oneworld Keith grrrr hehe)

Comment

Need a quick update here - after trawling through all the threads here on MEL (did a search on 'MEL' and '[MEL]' in this forum but search turned up zero results, how weird).. I need to know if this lounge remains " by far the best in MEL. "?

Am transiting for about 6 hours (arriving in on SQ, onwards on NZ, so access should be no problem) - has the SKL in MEL improved? Any update on either lounge (or any other I've missed) since the last post was two years ago?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                              X