SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > KrisFlyer & PPS Club

Old 23rd May 2008, 09:47 AM   #46
Vtac82
SQTalker

yeah thanks everyone for advise.

Just an update and a bit of showing off:

I'm now in ANA lounge at Narita with my luggage plastered with Priority handling label, steped on Blue Carpet upon check in and waiting to board the A380 to Singapore!

Flying isnt that bad after all.
Vtac82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 09:53 AM   #47
SQ LPP
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtac82 View Post
I'm now in ANA lounge at Narita
Don't forget to shower and have L'Occitane kits!
SQ LPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:29 AM   #48
inix
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: KrisFlyer Elite Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtac82 View Post
yeah thanks everyone for advise.

Just an update and a bit of showing off:

I'm now in ANA lounge at Narita with my luggage plastered with Priority handling label, steped on Blue Carpet upon check in and waiting to board the A380 to Singapore!

Flying isnt that bad after all.
You're making me all jealous now

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix
inix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 10:20 AM   #49
acey
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, HH Silver,SPG Gold
Send a message via Yahoo to acey
Default From silver to gold

Hi folks,

A colleague had this situation:

1. Joined Krisflyer many years ago.
2. Obtained Silver in March 2008.
3. Between Dec-2007 and May 2008 - flew > 50K miles
4. But Krisflyer hotline told him that as at 30 April, he has only 47K miles, 3K short of gold. Counter will be resetted to zero. His qualifying period is 1 March to 30 April every year.

Any truth in that ???
acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 10:40 AM   #50
Kiwi
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: SQ mystery reprieve

IIRC Kris Flyer does not work on rolling 12 month qualification periods instead using membership years. That ties in with what your friend has been told.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 11:53 AM   #51
matt_will_fix_it
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
Hi folks,

4. But Krisflyer hotline told him that as at 30 April, he has only 47K miles, 3K short of gold. Counter will be resetted to zero. His qualifying period is 1 March to 30 April every year.

Any truth in that ???
If he obtained Silver in March 2008 his Elite Miles would be reset to 0 and would need to obtain 50,000 miles between March 2008 and April 2009.

Note that if you have a Krisflyer account greater than 1 year old you need 75,000 miles to obtain Gold (25,000 for Silver qualification, counter resets to zero then 50,000 to obtain gold).
Old 28th May 2008, 04:10 PM   #52
yauee
SQTalker

Programs: A3 Gold, KF Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
Hi folks,

Any truth in that ???
Having similar case, Please refer to point 4, still short of 3K

There was some contribution before at KF Gold re-qualification Thread maybe because of the title so you might have not notice

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3992

1)
KF Gold re-qualification
Sorry to Hijack this thread but just to shere some information.

my initial requalification period ends 30th of April.

As of 18th of April i only manage to clock 42,405

Called KF for requesting for extention as i had issue the ticket the below mention.

23/4 SIN-MNL
27/4 MNL-SIN

1/5 SIN-BKK-DEL
5/5 DEL-BKK
9/5 BKK-SIN

Will this only i will be able to hit the 50K EQM

As all the above was given to them, they answer from KF is that we will seek for the advice higher authority.

Just log in to KF, surprisingly to me that the requalification period had been extended to 31th of May.

For anyone who facing similar case, might just give them all call and quote your ticket number. They are willing to consider.

2)
KF Gold re-qualification
Completed my trip by 9/5 immediate got my EG for another year. and the cycle restart. requalification period end 31th May 09

I am not sure will they still entertain this, but a phone call or a email by end of April could might had lead your colleague to GOLD as the first post was posted in April. No harm try to contact them miracle might happens, who know

Last edited by yauee; 28th May 2008 at 04:30 PM..
yauee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 11:16 AM   #53
inix
SQTalk PPS Club

By the next couple of weeks we would be absolutely sure. Here is my own situtation.

1: Joined 05 / 06.
2: Started flying more extensively Mid 07.
3: Clocked over 25K E-Miles from Sep 07 - Jan 08
4: Qualified for Elite Silver in Jan 08

From Jan 08 till now, I have clocked 17K. I have another 7K to go, which will be done by next 2 weeks as I'll be doing the SIN - CDG Sector next Tuesday, and I would clocked a grand total of 50+K E-Miles from Sep 07 - June 08.

From what I've read what happened to Vtac82, I'm hopeful that I might get *Gold as I clocked everything within 1 year. However, having said that, its really difficult to say since SQ's website & terms says it differently.

Anyway, will revert when I've done the SIN - CDG - SIN Sector...

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Old 6th June 2008, 11:36 AM   #54
matt_will_fix_it
SQTalk PPS Club

Hi Inix,

Unfortunately I don't think you'll be getting gold based on what you've mentioned... although I'd be very happy to be proved wrong! The key (see in bold below) is that you must travel 50,000 miles in your Elite Silver membership year, not 50,000 miles in a year (the only exception is if you fly 50,000 miles in the 1 year after enrolling into Krisflyer, which I believe is what Vtac82 did)

From http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...elitegold.jsp?

Quote:

Becoming a KrisFlyer Elite Gold Member

Your membership year will be the 12-month period from the date of your enrolment as a KrisFlyer member or upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Silver status. During this time, you may qualify for KrisFlyer Elite Gold status by earning the required number of Elite miles.

KrisFlyer Elite Gold status will be yours when you achieve 50,000 Elite miles in any class of service on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or any Star Alliance airline during your Elite Silver membership year, and credit them to your KrisFlyer account.
Old 6th June 2008, 05:42 PM   #55
yauee
SQTalker

Programs: A3 Gold, KF Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by inix View Post
By the next couple of weeks we would be absolutely sure. Here is my own situtation.

1: Joined 05 / 06.
2: Started flying more extensively Mid 07.
3: Clocked over 25K E-Miles from Sep 07 - Jan 08
4: Qualified for Elite Silver in Jan 08

From Jan 08 till now, I have clocked 17K. I have another 7K to go, which will be done by next 2 weeks as I'll be doing the SIN - CDG Sector next Tuesday, and I would clocked a grand total of 50+K E-Miles from Sep 07 - June 08.

From what I've read what happened to Vtac82, I'm hopeful that I might get *Gold as I clocked everything within 1 year. However, having said that, its really difficult to say since SQ's website & terms says it differently.

Anyway, will revert when I've done the SIN - CDG - SIN Sector...
Hi Inix,
Maybe you can provide a little more info so that we might be able to answer your answer.

1) Qualification Period?

Do wish you will be experrience the same thing like Vtac82
yauee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 06:06 PM   #56
inix
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by yauee View Post
Hi Inix,
Maybe you can provide a little more info so that we might be able to answer your answer.

1) Qualification Period?

Do wish you will be experrience the same thing like Vtac82
I think you're right. Vtac82 is a new member, hence not really affected by the issue. I'm a "old" member since 05 / 06, so that is the issue. Nevertheless, will revert 2 weeks from now.

yauee, My qualification period is now reset till Jan 09. But I'm hoping the fact that I can complete everything in June (hence 50K since July) will mean that I will become *Gold. Not very hopeful from the looks of it though...

Old 7th June 2008, 04:50 PM   #57
LHR
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: PPS (on and off)

This is probably a silly question with an obvious answer. My KF Gold year ends in Oct 2008. Up to now I have already clocked in 90,000 miles, which means I have re-qualified to Oct 2009. When I hit 100,000 miles, do you think Krsflyer will let me qualify for 2 years i.e. up to 2010?
LHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008, 06:03 PM   #58
Savage25
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: TK E+, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hertz PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHR View Post
This is probably a silly question with an obvious answer. My KF Gold year ends in Oct 2008. Up to now I have already clocked in 90,000 miles, which means I have re-qualified to Oct 2009. When I hit 100,000 miles, do you think Krsflyer will let me qualify for 2 years i.e. up to 2010?
You are right. There is an obvious answer...and its not one you want to hear
Savage25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 12:59 AM   #59
LHR
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: PPS (on and off)

No SQ love for me then.
LHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 03:09 AM   #60
SQ LPP
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

It's not about SQ love in your case. It's just a plain reality rule of the FFP. With the same frame of mind of what you posted, when I used to have at least 150 PPS sectors, you mean I could get 6 years of being QualifiedPPS? I guess not...
SQ LPP is offline   Reply With Quote