Kingsley's Trip Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingsley's Trip Reports

British Airways – BA 2679 – DBV – LGW (North)

Airbus A320
    Seat 28F
    Flight time: 13:35 – 15:20 (13:52 – 15:43)
    3rd April 2015

O V E R V I E W :
    Return leg to London after spending a few days in Zagreb and Dubrovnik as part of my Easter vacation cum hitch hiking adventure with 2 other friends. Chose BA as it is one of the regular flight operators in and out of Dubrovnik, and not having to transit midway, which turned out to be a brilliant decision.

img_3084.jpg?w=490
    Off to the airport from the Old City via bus transfer (tickets bought in advance) which picks up from the bus stop near the cable car station entrance.

img_3090.jpg?w=490
    Arrived at the rather small airport after a scenic bus ride for about half an hour.

img_3095.jpg?w=490
    Fairly short queue for the BA counters. Low load? Perhaps I was just early.

img_3097.jpg?w=490
    Looking forward to my first flight with BA.

10995834_10153003437977530_4123595933901
    Check in was done in no time by the friendly ground personnel. Was sad to receive the Dubrovnik Airport labeled boarding pass instead of BA’s though.

img_3101.jpg?w=490
    Upon entering departures lounge after passing through the duty free area.

img_3103.jpg?w=490
    Not much activity at DBV, Croatian Airlines seen above taxiing to the runway for takeoff, after which there were no airplanes on the ground until the arrival of my aircraft from London.

img_3107.jpg?w=490
    Late arrival of the inbound aircraft, causing a slight delay to my departure time.

img_3111.jpg?w=490
    Boarding was done by bus ferrying passengers to the plane following by a staircase climb.

img_3120.jpg?w=490
    All boarded. “Can all ground personnel please leave the aircraft”.

img_3153.jpg?w=490
    Manual safety demo while the aircraft taxis to the runway.

img_3154.jpg?w=490
    DBV under construction. Yay to aerobridge in the future?

img_3162.jpg?w=490
    Lovely view just moments after taking off, old town of Dubrovnik sighted (bottom right)!

img_3148.jpg?w=490
    Mandatory front pocket shot. Model aircraft not sold on this sector though.

img_3152.jpg?w=490
    Not a full flight today, about 70% load. As evident above, empty seats being multi-purposeful.

img_3151.jpg?w=490
    Decent seat pitch for the short flight.

img_3174.jpg?w=490
    Mid-flight cabin shot.

img_3169.jpg?w=490
    Meal is served. No options were given, only this Moroccan style roasted vegetables wrap and a Wensleydale & chutney roll available. I was expecting a full meal for the slightly under 3 hours flight. Nevertheless, the wrap and roll tasted superb.

img_3170.jpg?w=490
    Some coke and water to accompany the meal.

img_3175.jpg?w=490
    Toilet visit. Rather ordinary comparing to other A320 by LCCs except the BA labeled tissue box.

img_3182.jpg?w=490
    Final approach into London Gatwick after a flying time of almost three hours.

img_3193.jpg?w=490
    Plane docked at the gate after a rather long taxi.

img_3194.jpg?w=490
    Disembarked and this marks the end of my first experience onboard BA.

C O N C L U S I O N:
    Overall a great experience onboard BA, totally changed my perception towards British Airways where initially I thought it was going to be a rather monotonous flight as most of their FAs are rather senior. I found the flight to be very enjoyable thanks to the friendly and helpful FAs who were prompt to requests. Catering was good, but lacks quantity, BA should consider offering full meals in the future. No complains other than that! Would definitely consider flying the LHR-KUL route in the future onboard BA (hopefully on their new B787), I wonder if their long haul service is on par with this short haul service?

This is the very first edition of my trip report and comments are very much welcomed!
    Feel free to visit my blog and follow/bookmark it for updates : http://flykingsley.com/
    Last edited by FlyKingsley; 8 October 2015, 02:56 AM.
Working...
X