No announcement yet.

Lufthansa A380 Premium Economy to Frankfurt and Munich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great TR as always yflyer! Looks like you had a better experience in LH Y than I have. I've often found it rather mediocre at best, but I don't know if that was because I was comparing it to the likes of SQ. Y+ does look good though.

And I look forward to re-visiting Munich; I'm planning on visiting some of Eastern Europe next year and I may use that as an excuse to make a side trip to the city.

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
    Looks like you had a fellow trip reporter on your flight.

http://flight-report.com/en/report-11521.html
    The conspiracy theorist in me is saying that this guy was sent to spy on yflyer.

Comment

Thanks for another detailed report!

LH PEY looks just okay IMO.

I last flew 779 in '11 in Y. Scored one of those Y window seat 1 row behind door 4 exit row. Remembered it as a very fuss free well organized flight. Looks like not much has changed in terms of catering. But no meal choice for breakfast even in Y+ seems a little stingy.

Looking at your report, given that I'm just 1.75m tall so, if it's empty in Y, I'd rather stick with Y. On a full flight, 350 for additional elbow space, forward placement to help beat immigration queues is worth it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        We pushed back on time…

…and after a short taxi…

…took off gently from Runway 20L, with the A380’s engines sounding strangely muted when sitting so far forward.

Hahaha I didn't know LH was part of the Singapore Air Force! 20C or 20R - 20C/02R is the Changi Airbase runway!

Comment

Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
          Hahaha I didn't know LH was part of the Singapore Air Force! 20C or 20R - 20C/02R is the Changi Airbase runway!
          Whoops...yes it was 20C, not 20L.

http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb2010/e...SSS-AD2-29.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
            Great TR as always yflyer! Looks like you had a better experience in LH Y than I have. I've often found it rather mediocre at best, but I don't know if that was because I was comparing it to the likes of SQ. Y+ does look good though.
            Thanks, SQGamespeed! I'm not a difficult person to please when flying Y (Or any other class for that matter)...I appreciate a superb hard product and cherish the exceptional service I receive on SQ, but I have a fairly wide tolerance for different degrees and levels of Y service.

I clearly distinguish between "extras" and "essentials". For example metal cutlery is nice to have, and so is AVOD, but I consider those "nice to have" extras. On the other hand, seat width and cabin ambience are "essentials". 10-abreast on a 777 is pretty much a showstopper for me. I also chose not to fly QR to Munich this time round partly because they have 9-abreast on their 787 from DOH-MUC.

So many factors to consider when choosing an airline or flight. I probably spend way too much time weighing all these factors before choosing a carrier for each trip I make, but the reward for that is that I almost always have a stress-free and comfortable flight experience, and if I don't I only have myself to blame...(Not some sadistic travel planner.)

For LH, if the price was right, I would not hesitate to fly their A380 Y again. It has all the essentials, and goes beyond that in many ways too. And yes, their Y+ is very good too.

And I look forward to re-visiting Munich; I'm planning on visiting some of Eastern Europe next year and I may use that as an excuse to make a side trip to the city.
            I haven't had an excuse to visit Eastern Europe in a very long while. I'm envious! Are you planning to head to Dubrovnik? Looks like Dubrovnik is now a hot destination, ever since Game of Thrones was filmed there.

The conspiracy theorist in me is saying that this guy was sent to spy on yflyer.
            Unlikely !

Comment

Originally posted by dfs24 View Post
              Thanks for another detailed report!

LH PEY looks just okay IMO.

I last flew 779 in '11 in Y. Scored one of those Y window seat 1 row behind door 4 exit row. Remembered it as a very fuss free well organized flight. Looks like not much has changed in terms of catering. But no meal choice for breakfast even in Y+ seems a little stingy.

Looking at your report, given that I'm just 1.75m tall so, if it's empty in Y, I'd rather stick with Y. On a full flight, 350 for additional elbow space, forward placement to help beat immigration queues is worth it to me.
              Thanks, dfs24!

2011! Has it been that long ago since LH started A380 service out of SIN? Time flies...

I agree that if Y were empty, I would actually prefer Y to Y+, but $350 extra for Y+ on a full flight is worth it!

Comment

For LH, if the price was right, I would not hesitate to fly their A380 Y again. It has all the essentials, and goes beyond that in many ways too. And yes, their Y+ is very good too.

I haven't had an excuse to visit Eastern Europe in a very long while. I'm envious! Are you planning to head to Dubrovnik? Looks like Dubrovnik is now a hot destination, ever since Game of Thrones was filmed there.
                Did you managed to get the LH SG50 deals during national day period? They had a lot of deals to many European places that time, including eastern Europe.

Comment

Great TR, yflyer, always a pleasure to read. What would be interesting in the future is to compare your LH experience with LX, which is considered to be the premium carrier within LHG, and see how they fare against SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
                    Did you managed to get the LH SG50 deals during national day period? They had a lot of deals to many European places that time, including eastern Europe.
                    No, I don't think it was an SG50 fare...but yes lots of good deals on LH. I just got an email from LH this morning advertising S$999 deals to a whole lot of destinations in Europe...valid from Oct 2015 to June 2016. Great value. Too bad I'm already committed to Osaka on SQ for an end-of-year break.

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                      Great TR, yflyer, always a pleasure to read. What would be interesting in the future is to compare your LH experience with LX, which is considered to be the premium carrier within LHG, and see how they fare against SQ.
                      Thanks, ek&sq! I have never flown LX. Keen to do so, if the opportunity arises...

Comment

I headed straight for one of the many LH Lounges dotting the terminal. There are at least 3 different types of lounge for LH pax, and that’s not including the dedicated F Lounge that regulars like Kyo luxuriate in…
                        Great TR! I do miss my FRA times... be sure to do a 911 TR sometime in FRA

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Great TR! I do miss my FRA times... be sure to do a 911 TR sometime in FRA
                          Thanks, Kyo!

Doubt I will have the opportunity to sample the LH Porsche transfer any time soon, or even the LH Porsche "First Class Excitement" tie-in with Avis car rentals...I do think this is a great piece of marketing though. Some good out of box thinking here...

Comment

Thanks, Kyo!

Doubt I will have the opportunity to sample the LH Porsche transfer any time soon, or even the LH Porsche "First Class Excitement" tie-in with Avis car rentals...I do think this is a great piece of marketing though. Some good out of box thinking here...
                            All you need is 3 hours and a hundred Euro note

Then you get another TR all on its own! I can suggest a perfect place that uses the mileage exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              All you need is 3 hours and a hundred Euro note

Then you get another TR all on its own! I can suggest a perfect place that uses the mileage exactly...
                              Now you have tempted me, Kyo! A drive in a 911 around Frankfurt should be a lot quicker than running from FRA to the city!
                              Last edited by yflyer; 4 October 2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Oh, you'll be going way past Frankfurt

Comment

Working...
                                X