Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverKris Lounge Review (HKG)

Hi everyone!

This will be my second post and I decided to write a review about the recently renovated SilverKris Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport. Hope y'all like it!

Before my flight back home on SQ861, I had some time to check out the recently renovated SilverKris Lounge at Hong Kong Airport.

https://becausegoodfooddeservestobes...2/img_0387.jpg

The ambience of the lounge was warm and inviting. It was well-furnished with many comfortable seats and sofas. The interior of lounge was tasteful and interesting:

https://becausegoodfooddeservestobes...2/img_0394.jpg

For drinks, I went with a glass of Champagne. I think it was Dom Pérignon. The bar inside the lounge had various other cocktails including the usual Bloody Marys and Singapore Slings.

https://becausegoodfooddeservestobes...2/img_0396.jpg

For noms noms I ordered a bowl of Laksa. Haha, I never imagined that I would eat a bowl of Laksa in Hong Kong so this was quite an experience! The dish was more of a novelty, really, and wasn’t quite near the standards of say, 328 Katong Laksa, but it was quite tasty nonetheless. 😊 The noodles were cooked well but the gravy was a bit on the sweet side.

https://becausegoodfooddeservestobes...2/img_0399.jpg

Soon it was time to board the plane. Gate 15 was just outside the lounge so boarding the plane from the lounge was really convenient! 😄

Overall, the experience at SilverKris Hong Kong was pretty good! A solid 8/10! 😄

Originally posted by Chrisflyer89 View Post
    For noms noms I ordered a bowl of Laksa. Haha, I never imagined that I would eat a bowl of Laksa in Hong Kong so this was quite an experience! The dish was more of a novelty, really, and wasn’t quite near the standards of say, 328 Katong Laksa, but it was quite tasty nonetheless. �� The noodles were cooked well but the gravy was a bit on the sweet side.
    The laksa looks good! By coincidence I just passed by 328 Katong Laksa this morning (the branch next to Jago Close), and it was plastered with Gordon Ramsay pictures, and pics of other celebrities as well.

Comment

Had the laksa at the lounge yesterday and it was quite good. Loved the dumplings as well.

Overall the lounge looks much better now, didn't really like the old design.

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
        Had the laksa at the lounge yesterday and it was quite good. Loved the dumplings as well.

Overall the lounge looks much better now, didn't really like the old design.
        The lounge does seem to look better. I plan on using it in a couple of months, and hope that the experience outweighs the fact that there is still a lack of windows (a big minus point in my book).

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post

I don't know, but there seems to be a difference in the Laksa now versus the one in the old lounge - and I have no idea whether it's just me, OR what any reason for that could be.

The "new" Laksa just didn't feel as spicy/hot as before but I just had it a few weeks ago, one time since the new lounge opened so I don't know if it's a trend or just the plate I got.

The new bar counter is nice, the food was not much better than before but at least there were some more comfy seats.

Overall, it's only better because the toilets are inside. The rest is +/- little pieces only given they didn't completely move it and get some proper natural light inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisflyer89 View Post
            For drinks, I went with a glass of Champagne. I think it was Dom Pérignon.
            Dom in the SKL? I don't think that even happens in TPR in SIN...

Comment

Working...
            X