[HKG] United Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HKG] United Club

I was chatting with one of the ground staff while in transit at HKG today enroute to Shenzhen, and she mentioned that the new SQ lounge would be open "in a few days", which I would take to mean some time this month, October.

Until then, apart from the Plaza Premium Lounge, if you are Star Gold, you can check out the TG Lounge (Which I have not tried, but Man Flyer says it is pretty good), or you can use the United Club.

On my flight SQ1 last week, I checked out the United Club, which was right next to the Plaza Premium Lounge, and very close to the boarding gate for SQ1 as well.

I thought it was a great place to spend the short layover before the continuation to Singapore. For one, it was quite empty at that hour. Also, it had GREAT tarmac views. And the F&B selection was surprisingly good for a UA lounge too.

I'll let the pics do the talking...

Last edited by yflyer; 8 October 2014, 07:29 AM.

A fairly large lounge, with several seating zones, each a little different. The whole lounge had a very open feel, as it was on the upper level of the main concourse, with it's high ceilings.

Seating with ample A/C power...

And very nice tarmac views...

Including views of one of the runways. Here is Scoot TZ 221 on its early morning departure for Singapore...

Last edited by yflyer; 8 October 2014, 07:29 AM.

Comment

More seating, including a dining/pantry area...

There must have been less than 10 people in the lounge during the time I was there (During the brief transit stop on SQ1 bound for Singapore.)

A very decent F&B selection...

Breakfast cereal, oatmeal and sandwiches...

Bakery items...

Comment

Ham, hard-boiled eggs, baked beans...

Cup noodles...

Crab, veg and egg sushi rolls...

and a hot soya bean milk dessert...

Last edited by yflyer; 7 October 2014, 10:13 PM.

Comment

There was a small business center...

And shower stalls...

Although the transit stop is so short that there really isn't enough time to shower AND have a leisurely breakfast as well...

Comment

As mentioned, the lounge was very close to the boarding gate for SQ1 that day.

Here is a picture of the aircraft taken from the lounge...literally steps away from the gate.

Comment

Overall impressions: A very comfortable lounge. Bright and airy with great tarmac views.

While there isn't any ice cream or congee the day I was there (If I recall correctly, the previous SKL served congee for breakfast, and also had tubs of Haagen Daaz ice cream...) I thought the F&B selection was more than I would expect from a UA lounge.

The really nice thing about this lounge was that it was fairly quiet and peaceful in the morning, during the time of the SQ1 transit stop.

I am looking forward to the new SQ lounge, but if the SQ lounge is a long walk away from the gate, then the United Club would make a perfectly good alternative pit stop while in transit.
              Last edited by yflyer; 8 October 2014, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X