Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bluepanda View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I meant to ask were the 2 F and 2 J in one booking?

If yes, how did you do it?

If no, how you managed to book the J seats for your children (I thought bookings have to be minimum 1 adult)?

I was half wondering you did 1A1C in one F booking and another 1A1C in a separate J booking. Then you swap on board. But wanted to clarify.
    Naturally I made two separate bookings on F and J, but I had to check that both were available.

Someone told me that the maximum of redemption for F/R is one pax and two paxes for J on a flight, but I don't think this is true. I managed to get 4 paxes on J class SRG-SIN-PVG, and two Suite class saver

My Children are 19 and 18 years old, so they are adult. I made nomination for my point's redemption. And yes, I am 46 years young now...

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
      Naturally I made two separate bookings on F and J, but I had to check that both were available.

<snip>

My Children are 19 and 18 years old, so they are adult. I made nomination for my point's redemption. And yes, I am 46 years young now...
      My apologies. I immediately assumed 'children' meant <12y.o.

You're a young father by today's standards.

Thanks and enjoy your trip.

Comment

• J saver AMS-SUB with a stopover in SIN (March 2015)
        F saver CGK-SIN (March 2015)
        Suite Saver SIN-ZRH (March 2015)
        J saver ZRH-AMS (March 2015 on LX metal)

All confirmed, no waitlist at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by schumaster View Post
          J saver AMS-SUB with a stopover in SIN (March 2015)
          F saver CGK-SIN (March 2015)
          Suite Saver SIN-ZRH (March 2015)
          J saver ZRH-AMS (March 2015 on LX metal)

All confirmed, no waitlist at all.
          why don't you redeem CGK-ZRH, as you pay the same mileage of 107500 as if you redeem SIN-ZRH? but a one way redemption does not allow you to stopover. prolly you need to stopover?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
            why don't you redeem CGK-ZRH, as you pay the same mileage of 107500 as if you redeem SIN-ZRH? but a one way redemption does not allow you to stopover. prolly you need to stopover?
            I am actually billed 107,500 for CGK-AMS via ZRH (wanted to try the suite, but if I do SIN-AMS then no suite)

My final destination is AMS actually

Comment

• I just managed to redeem 2 x First/Suit saver seat (one-way) on SQ326/SQ26 for Oct 2015 from SIN to JFK. Original plan was to get the SQ26 leg throughout but they were on waitlist on every available dates of Oct 2015.

I do have a question here regarding the transit of my redeemed flight. Will I be able to clear the immigrations in Frankfurt and check-in into one of the airport hotels on the night of arrival and check-in back again the next morning for the FRA-JFK leg? Or I can only spend the night in the airport without any lounge available at that hour.

Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

• Mhm whether you want to clear immigration and enter Germany is entirely up to you. Can it be done? Yes of course, but you will have to cover your own hotel and entry to Germany without or with visa will depend on your passport. SQ will definitely not hold you hostage in transit at FRA.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                  Mhm whether you want to clear immigration and enter Germany is entirely up to you. Can it be done? Yes of course, but you will have to cover your own hotel and entry to Germany without or with visa will depend on your passport. SQ will definitely not hold you hostage in transit at FRA.
                  Thanks! I just want to make sure before making hotel arrangement.

Comment

• Yes, you can certainly clear immigration in Frankfurt and spend your layover time in the city or at a hotel. You will get your boarding passes issued for both legs on check in.

I recently did the opposite ... redeemed 2 x Suite/Saver on SQ25/SQ325 from JFK to SIN in August 2014. We had a 12 hour transit and went into the City for the day. Left our carry-on bag at the luggage counter at FRA airport for about 7 euros.

Comment

• bit off topic.

Releasing 2 O class each for below dates

24th Dec 2014 SQ346 SIN-ZRH
                      08th Jan 2015 SQ335 CDG-SIN

Comment

• Booked 2 x SYD-SIN-CDG for next Oct - Suites on both legs. 6 hours in TPR should pass rather quickly with the generous VCLGD supply. The other half was highly insistent on the A380 even though there was a lovely 2 hour connection ex-MEL with the first leg on the 77W; I have created a monster. May cancel if EY opens up availability ex-BNE.

Waiting for JFK-SYD in Nov 15 to enter system range...
                        Last edited by KeithMEL; 28 October 2014, 12:20 PM.
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Secured one F for SIN/IAH on 6th Jan & one suite for LAX/SIN on 21st Jan, surprisingly 21st Jan SQ11 out of 14 suite class seats, 13 seats is taken up.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                            Booked 2 x SYD-SIN-CDG for next Oct - Suites on both legs. 6 hours in TPR should pass rather quickly with the generous VCLGD supply. The other half was highly insistent on the A380 even though there was a lovely 2 hour connection ex-MEL with the first leg on the 77W; I have created a monster. May cancel if EY opens up availability ex-BNE.

Waiting for JFK-SYD in Nov 15 to enter system range...
                            Being my usual fickle self I have cancelled the above and booked 2 x First/Suites Savers on MEL-SIN-JFK SQ228/26 instead. "Only" First on the 77W on SQ228 rather than stretch out what's an already long itinerary with the earlier A380 departure out of SYD on SQ232 (I have to fly down south from BNE so it does not matter whether I depart from MEL or SYD). Looking forward to 31 hours of Krug (and VCLGD in TPR).

Figured it's easier to book an EY flight out of CDG than it is to find anything to JFK so couldn't resist booking when I saw 2 seats on SQ to JFK on the exact date we wanted.
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• 31Oct SQ861 HKG-SIN
                              31Oct SQ336 SIN-CDG

4.5hrs transit, good timing to enjoy a full dinner in TPR.

Comment

• Booked a F reward from LHR to SIN on 77EW on the 18th Dec and back in Suites on the 10th Jan 2015 but had a email saying there is a change of aircraft so NO suites back to LHR, instead a 77EW.

I feel

Comment

Working...
                                X