First Class Saver: Post your successful redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Welcome to SQTalk, Iflyflat. Nice handle as well.

Are all those fights award bookings ?. Good work if they are.
    Yes the First/Suites on SQ and LH are awards, the VX and CA are paid for. Long time planning for the SIN outbound (which is why many months ago I asked questions here about the Boeing factory visit) in particular.
    Now, I'm in the last minutes arrangements, trying to ensure Avis allocates me a 911 and not a Panamera during my stop in FRA

Comment

• Sep 2014: SIN-ZRH x2
      Sep 2014: ZRH-SIN x2

On 2 sets of dates, All 4 segments were waitlisted till 3 weeks before departure after numerous chasers.

But didn't get to use any of them, we flew TG A380 F up here to Venice via FRA (not as posh as SQ but good to try once, unlikely to want to go with them again)

And looking forward to LH 744 F later this week - tough to get like winning lottery. Got it at T-14

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
        Now, I'm in the last minutes arrangements, trying to ensure Avis allocates me a 911 and not a Panamera during my stop in FRA
        They will, but they will take 30 minutes bringing it across from the workshop. Every. Single. Time.

Go have KFC or coffee while you wait, and get there as soon as possible

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome

[QUOTE=MAN Flyer;188726]Welcome to SQTalk, Iflyflat. Nice handle as well.

Thanks Man Flyer. I can not take credit for the originality of the handle but I think it is nice as well

Great forum as well and I truly appreciate all the knowledge from one and all

Comment

• 03 October 2014 | Suites | SQ403 => does anyone know which registration series SKA through to SKT has had the new refitted Suites cabin?

"With regard to your flight SQ403 on 03 October, we have successfully completed the upgrade to Suite for you. Our service centre has emailed you the confirmation a while ago. We would like to advise that the cost of this upgrade is 32,500 KF miles."

Am excited as this will be my first time on the Singapore Airlines A380 Suites!

Comment

• Booked 2x first savers NRT-SIN January 2015.

Hopefully get to try out the latest first product. Flying J from SIN-NRT but didn't have any J savers for the flight back so went with F!

Comment

• booked 2 paxes of Suite Class PEK-SIN plus 2 Business class for MyChildren

departing: SRG-SIN-PVG on Business class (4 paxes), using A330, so no First/Suites

SIN-SRG all on Y.

All redemption, confirmed on saver at once.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                  booked 2 paxes of Suite Class PEK-SIN plus 2 Business class for MyChildren

departing: SRG-SIN-PVG on Business class (4 paxes), using A330, so no First/Suites

SIN-SRG all on Y.

All redemption, confirmed on saver at once.
                  How did you do all these? You called, and they gave you the 15% discount?

Comment

• 2 x F Saver HND-SIN early Feb 2015

Booked these because J was on wait list. J wait list came through last night after about 2 months. Am now wondering whether I should forgo the F for the J. Difference is 34,000 miles for the 2 of us which equates to one J saver one way back to HND/NRT. It is a 2255 departure so I guess I'd be sleeping most of the flight but the thought of the regional J vs the F.. hmmm......

Comment

• Doesn't HND get the refurbished aircraft with the fully flat Biz seat (not the WN version of course)? I'm not up to the latest I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                        Doesn't HND get the refurbished aircraft with the fully flat Biz seat (not the WN version of course)? I'm not up to the latest I guess.
                        The Biz service to HND is not up to standard. All you get is the underwhelming regional service. That means: 2-2-2 in Business Class with no decent space, no decent blanket and pillow.

HND wins over NRT in terms of proximity to the city. But I understand that people prefer 77W J to NRT over 773 J to HND as you won't get any decent sleep on the 773 J.

It's beyond my why SQ is wondering why people still prefer to fly to NRT. They should swap the planes and fly the 77W to HND and the 773 to NRT.

Comment

• well, someone was successful in redeeming a Suite class ticket to New York.....

http://dereklow.co/what-its-like-to-...-suites-class/

wonder if he is from here....
                          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            The Biz service to HND is not up to standard. All you get is the underwhelming regional service. That means: 2-2-2 in Business Class with no decent space, no decent blanket and pillow.

HND wins over NRT in terms of proximity to the city. But I understand that people prefer 77W J to NRT over 773 J to HND as you won't get any decent sleep on the 773 J.

It's beyond my why SQ is wondering why people still prefer to fly to NRT. They should swap the planes and fly the 77W to HND and the 773 to NRT.
                            Ahh I see. Thanks. The refurbished 773 with the regional seat. Perfectly fine to CGK, but HND yes i hear you . I'm going to KIX in a few weeks and am on the SQ618 night flight and am already looking forward to the same seat on the A330 . I mean I manage alright and can sleep okay (after a few glasses of Champagne and some Sauternes), but would prefer the fully flat seat of course
                            Last edited by demue; 3 October 2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluepanda View Post
                              How did you do all these? You called, and they gave you the 15% discount?
                              @bluepanda: I just entered all bookings via www.singaporeair.com hence I get 15% discount. I had to make 3 separate bookings. I didn't have to call, I didn't have to be wait-listed, they were confirmed confirmed as I booked. 3 months prior departure.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                                booked 2 paxes of Suite Class PEK-SIN plus 2 Business class for MyChildren

<snip>.
                                Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                                @bluepanda: I just entered all bookings via www.singaporeair.com hence I get 15% discount. I had to make 3 separate bookings. I didn't have to call, I didn't have to be wait-listed, they were confirmed confirmed as I booked. 3 months prior departure.
                                Thanks for the reply.

I meant to ask were the 2 F and 2 J in one booking?

If yes, how did you do it?

If no, how you managed to book the J seats for your children (I thought bookings have to be minimum 1 adult)?

I was half wondering you did 1A1C in one F booking and another 1A1C in a separate J booking. Then you swap on board. But wanted to clarify.

Comment

Working...
                                X