No announcement yet.

2 Trip Reports To Dubai, U.A.E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to SQTalk, EKrew. Thanks for your perspective on this discussion, and please feel free to contribute to our forum.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by EKrew View Post
      Thankyou for sharing your trip reports, i really enjoyed looking at your photos taken in Dubai. We really cant wait for T3 to open!

In your BA trip report you have a photo taken just after take off from DXB captioned 'EK Engineering Base'. These hangars have now almost totally been pulled down and construction will start on a new concourse (in addition to T3) at this spot. A new much larger engineering base has been opened on the opposite side of the airport. And directly behind these hangars you can see yet another building under construction. This will become the new EK HQ building and replace the one you photographed in Deira in your AF trip report.
      Thanks for the compliments. Yes you're right about the EK engineering base.

What will be more interesting to see is Dubai World Central (JXB) when that is finally complete.

AFter having 2 tours (minus a camera) its an astonishingly HUGE project that Im sure you know all about
      ...Because The Sky Is A Canvas, Waiting For A Masterpiece...

Comment

Hi BOEING 777. I would like to know, any good spotting area and plane model shops in Dubai? Is there any Viewing Gallery in the Terminal? Thanks!
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Photography of the airport is prohibited so unfortunately there is no viewing deck. If you havent been to DXB before the check-in and boarding areas are two seperate buildings linked by a looong underground walkway which goes under the taxi ways. From the check-in area before you pass through immigration you can get a good view of the remote terminal building. Once you are inside the terminal building photography is difficult because the glass is curved in shape very similar to BKK.

You can get some views of aircraft flying low and directly overhead in the Deira, particularly near JW Marriott.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
            Hi BOEING 777. I would like to know, any good spotting area and plane model shops in Dubai? Is there any Viewing Gallery in the Terminal? Thanks!
            I think EKrew sums it up pretty nicely!

The Deira Mall has a few stalls selling EK branded merchandise, which include model airplanes. I snapped up an EK 777-300 and 747-400F

Comment

Just dug up this old thread. Thanks for the TR, BOEING777. Noticed that you flew on the 777-200. There is also a night flight on the 330-200. Was there any particular reason you went for the Boeing flight (Boeing fan? ) instead of the airbus (AF530)? Or was it because of day/night/connection issue?

I've asked a similar question on the AF forum on TOF. I don't know what to expect in terms of catering, seating configuration, AVOD etc on the two flights. Might be tempted to go for the night flight to save time. But would I be missing out on entertainment/food etc on a night flight, kiasu Singaporean that I am!

Any advice would be welcome. Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                Just dug up this old thread. Thanks for the TR, BOEING777. Noticed that you flew on the 777-200. There is also a night flight on the 330-200. Was there any particular reason you went for the Boeing flight (Boeing fan? ) instead of the airbus (AF530)? Or was it because of day/night/connection issue?

I've asked a similar question on the AF forum on TOF. I don't know what to expect in terms of catering, seating configuration, AVOD etc on the two flights. Might be tempted to go for the night flight to save time. But would I be missing out on entertainment/food etc on a night flight, kiasu Singaporean that I am!

Any advice would be welcome. Many thanks!
                I've flown the AF A330 flights both day and night to/from DXB. If anything, the cabin is more spacious.

However, I must confess, if theres a choice between an A330 and 777, the big Boeing will always get the nod

Comment

Working...
                X