SG50 Fireworks and Flypasts - A Staycation at the Marina Bay Sands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
    Excellent report. Reading and browsing the photos of the parade and fly pasts was enough to send chills down my spine...I kid you not.
    I was at ground level to watch the fireworks display... definitely a day many Singaporeans will remember for a long time to come....
    Thanks, icn.sg! Yes, an unforgettable occasion...and fantastic atmosphere all around the Bay as well!

Comment

thank you for another fantastically visual TR yflyer!!! if there are awards for TR!

at the vy moment you were snapping away from the lofty views of the MBS infinity pool, I was way below at the Promontory. Same sights of the Black Knights flying the Five Star Tribute, the Chinook flying the Flag as the Anthem struck up... And the fireworks. My 1st NDP in 20 years, overcoming my cynicism for the sake of the kids. I'm really glad that so many pple, differences and all, unified by one moment.

on MBS, having read so much from here and elsewhere, I'm surprised to hear you had an easy check-in. Considering that most of the rooms were sold-out, wldnt there be a crowd, both at checking-in and common amenities (like Skypark, gym, etc)?

once again, congratulations for another great TR!

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
        thank you for another fantastically visual TR yflyer!!! if there are awards for TR!

at the vy moment you were snapping away from the lofty views of the MBS infinity pool, I was way below at the Promontory. Same sights of the Black Knights flying the Five Star Tribute, the Chinook flying the Flag as the Anthem struck up... And the fireworks. My 1st NDP in 20 years, overcoming my cynicism for the sake of the kids. I'm really glad that so many pple, differences and all, unified by one moment.

on MBS, having read so much from here and elsewhere, I'm surprised to hear you had an easy check-in. Considering that most of the rooms were sold-out, wldnt there be a crowd, both at checking-in and common amenities (like Skypark, gym, etc)?

once again, congratulations for another great TR!
        Thanks very much for your comments, jammed! And for sharing your NDP SG50 experience as well! Yes, a moment shared by many of us here...

For my check-in at MBS, I was quite kiasu...I checked in quite early in the morning to avoid the queues. My room wasn't ready, but they kept my luggage, and gave me keycards for Sky Park access. An hour or so later, my room was ready.

Really busy at the check-in desks. That said, they were much more organised than in 2010, the year they opened. Even room service that evening was fairly prompt, because they had a special truncated NDP menu, which I ordered wayyyy in advance.
        Last edited by yflyer; 29 September 2015, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X