[ICN] Asiana Business Class Lounge in Satellite Terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ICN] Asiana Business Class Lounge in Satellite Terminal

Last month, I visited the Business Class section of the Asiana Lounge in the Satellite Terminal of Incheon Airport, which is the same satellite terminal where the SQ flights depart from, and where the SQ SilverKris Lounge is located.

The Asiana lounge is open to Star Alliance Gold members.

Last edited by yflyer; 6 July 2014, 05:55 PM.

This lounge is decorated in a theme very different from your typical business class lounge.

A large section of the lounge is decorated like a library/drawing room.

It is a fairly large lounge, and I have never seen it really crowded at the times that SQ flights are scheduled.

There is ample seating, with large flat screen TV's located throughout the lounge.

There is a dedicated dining area with both hot and cold selections.

Liquor and beer...

Including beer on tap...

Comment

Snacks...

Salads...

Sandwiches and sushi...

A small selection of hot food was also available...

And if you really need comfort food, there are cup noodles and hot water available...

Comment

There was also a separate work area with desks and computers available, and of course in-lounge wifi.

Comment

This is probably a matter of personal preference, but I prefer this lounge to the current SilverKris Lounge in the same satellite terminal.

Of course both the Asiana and SilverKris Lounge are no match for the previous SilverKris Lounge in the main terminal, now closed...I still have very fond memories of that wonderful lounge.

Comment

I have been in this lounge many times but have not seen such spread of food before... ok, maybe I normally have a ginseng chicken in the main terminal before taking the train over..... shall see on Saturday...
            Last edited by kapitan; 9 July 2014, 04:37 PM.
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

When I go there's barely two items on the menu... will be there again next week.

The best think I had there was abalone porridge once, and there was only one other item on the menu. Very boring lounge, the paid food options are much better. SKL not much better...

Comment

It seems that Koreans (yes, both KE and OZ) just can't do decent lounges.

Everything from OZ F lounge in the main terminal to the C lounge in the satellite are consistently underwhelming, with almost every aspect of the lounge well behind most of its competition. KE is a little better, but still far from competitive.

One of the problems is that they allow too many people into the lounges through Priority Pass and Korean credit cards. It basically makes the provision of decent F&B prohibitively expensive, especially given the speed at which entire servings of hot food can disappear literally in minutes.

Recently, I have started skipping ICN lounges altogether. The only exception is when/if I gain access to the KE F lounge, where I will get one of those gold/silver metallic bag tags made.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                  The only exception is when/if I gain access to the KE F lounge, where I will get one of those gold/silver metallic bag tags made.
                  Ooh, now I want to see one!

Comment

Just posting a write-up on the Asiana Business Class Lounge in the Main Terminal at ICN. This can be accessed here.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                      It seems that Koreans (yes, both KE and OZ) just can't do decent lounges.

Everything from OZ F lounge in the main terminal to the C lounge in the satellite are consistently underwhelming, with almost every aspect of the lounge well behind most of its competition. KE is a little better, but still far from competitive.

One of the problems is that they allow too many people into the lounges through Priority Pass and Korean credit cards. It basically makes the provision of decent F&B prohibitively expensive, especially given the speed at which entire servings of hot food can disappear literally in minutes.

Recently, I have started skipping ICN lounges altogether. The only exception is when/if I gain access to the KE F lounge, where I will get one of those gold/silver metallic bag tags made.
                      Of the KE J lounges at ICN, I find the one in the main terminal to be much better even though it's obviously older.

Comment

Working...
                      X