Indigo to Trichy _ first part of a 2 part travel series to Trichy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indigo to Trichy _ first part of a 2 part travel series to Trichy

Hi all, ignore my previous thread on the forum. I have managed to find an image editor and will be publishing the new version here. This is the first part of a 2 part travel series to Trichy, Tamil Nadu. First sector of flights were taken to and fro on Indigo, a budget airline based in India.

Indigo Offers attractive fares as well convenient arrival timings into TRZ as nightime arrivals at TRZ are a nightmare(more on this in my second part). Immigration queues at TRZ were non existent in the afternoon.

Originally posted by balajih67 View Post
    Hi all, ignore my previous thread on the forum. I have managed to find an image editor and will be publishing the new version here. This is the first part of a 2 part travel series to Trichy, Tamil Nadu. First sector of flights were taken to and fro on Indigo, a budget airline based in India.

Indigo Offers attractive fares as well convenient arrival timings into TRZ as nightime arrivals at TRZ are a nightmare(more on this in my second part). Immigration queues at TRZ were non existent in the afternoon.
    Why don't use the same thread?

Comment

Indigo Departs from Changi Terminal 2. The departure time is 1340 LT and arrival into Trichy at 1550 LT. Checked in our bags at the check in counters and got our boarding passes around 2 hours before departure.

As we had a bit of time to kill, headed to Orchid Cafe at Level 2 for a quick meal after visiting the sunflower garden.

Had a fishball noodle soup and a milo. The total cost was a whopping $11.50. Really expensive.

Our Plane for today at Gate F35.

Seated at row 13 today, An emergency exit row seat, the best seat in the plane. Extra legroom(im 191 cm, really need that space) with a window view and normal recline. Row 12 cannot be reclined. Costs $19 to book this seat during seat selection.

As you can see, legroom even then is not a lot, but good enough for budget airlines standard.

Pushed back and taxied to Runway for Departure.

Took off around 1400 LT.

Comment

All food and beverages is Buy on Board. Had a cup Noodle(this is a special version that can be bought only on board indigo flights). had a coke to go along. Total cost $6.

Lavatory shot. Very basic.

Perfect weather for flying.

Coast of Tamil Nadu visible below.

Comment

Landed 20 minutes ahead of scheduled arrival time and parked at a remote bay as the 2 aerobridges at the airport were taken up by other flights (including an Air India Express that arrived 10 minutes earlier than us from Singapore).

Both doors were used for deplaning.

View of our plane after arrival

Sri Lankan and Air India Express occupying the two available aero bridges.

Comment

Airport Shots Below.

Immigration was a breeze and as is the ritual at all TN airports, hand baggage were scanned on arrival again(including jeans/pant belts). This is to ensure that no gold was smuggled in(will provide more details in second part).

A shot from the baggage claim area.

A shot from outside the airport.

Comment

An auto ride in India was a change from the buses/trains/grab cars i use in Singapore for transportation.

Driving in India is a true test of your driving skills. No rules, no lane marking, narrow roads for 2 way traffic. Overtaking by heavy vehicles by crossing into opposite lane. Total Chaos. And all use high beam at night.

Return Flight at the tarmac 3 days later. Had to return soon due to Uni exams.

No other images from return flight. pretty much the same. Lights were off soon and tried to sleep and was unsuccessful. sitting in a normal seat with the front seat reclined was a horror.

Arrived into Singapore at 0100 LT and back home by 0200.

Comment

Final thoughts,

Indigo has a solid no frills airline product for travel. Decent enough food. All hot food served on board is vegetarian except for non veg cup noodles and sandwiches.

Decent recline as well.

The next part was taken on the same route but this time on Malindo Air Business Class with a transit at KUL and a visit to the SATS lounge in Sin and Sama Sama lounge at KUL.

SIN to TRZ on Malindo and return on Indigo. Total Cost was $1650 when we booked our flights 7 days before departure. Indigo To and Fro came at 1600 while scoot at 1700. So this deal was a no brainer.

My first J class experience and lounge experience as well. Stay tuned for that.

Comment

Working...
                X