No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVE would be the first ever time they’ve preferenced a refitted cabin for withdrawal when an unrefitted was available. (I’m not including SQK for obvious reasons)

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      SVE would be the first ever time they’ve preferenced a refitted cabin for withdrawal when an unrefitted was available. (I’m not including SQK for obvious reasons)
      No surprise if SVE goes to Boeing Aircraft Holding for onward transfer to LOT. The aeroconnect sale notice was last September (ell3 post 1592, 9 Sept, noted again post 1647 8 November). The LOT deal was noted 4 January (posts 1692 and 93).

So, events may have overtaken the sale tender. That could go for SVC as well -- or, for that matter, for any of the SVx birds stored at VCV and GYR under Boeing registrations. Would explain why SVE has been set aside rather than SVM.

Comment

• Anyone knows what happened to SRO & SVN?
        I know reregistered to Boeing and at VCV (or stored somewhere)... but destined for breaking up or secondary sale?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
          Anyone knows what happened to SRO & SVN?
          I know reregistered to Boeing and at VCV (or stored somewhere)... but destined for breaking up or secondary sale?
          Both 9V-SRO (N519BC) and 9V-SVN (N508BC) are listed as stored at GYR.

Here is a photo of 9V-SRO (N519BC) from November 2019:
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9523142
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Below B777 are listed for sale:
            777-300 33376 2005 9V-SYL
            777-300 33374 2005 9V-SYJ
            777-200ER 33370 2003 9V-SQL
            777-300 32327 2004 9V-SYI
            777-200ER 32320 2003 9V-SRM
            777-300 32317 2002 9V-SYH
            777-200ER 32316 2002 N868BC (airframe only)
            777-200ER 30874 2003 9V-SVM
            777-200ER 30870 2001 9V-SVE (available in March 2020)
            777-300 30868 2001 9V-SYF
            777-200ER 28526 2001 9V-SVC (available in April 2020)
            777-200ER 28525 2001 9V-SVB

Source: https://www.myairtrade.com/fleetintel/B777
            http://www.aeroconnect.com/aircraft

Comment

• I believe myairtrade.com only lists aircraft due for retirement (with a possibility of being available for sale) but not actually aircraft being listed for sale. The ones listed on aeroconnect are the actual units being for sale.
              Correct me if I’m wrong!

Comment

I believe myairtrade.com only lists aircraft due for retirement (with a possibility of being available for sale) but not actually aircraft being listed for sale. The ones listed on aeroconnect are the actual units being for sale.
                Correct me if I’m wrong!
                I believe myairtrade.com collate information from various lessors' & airlines' website/news releases, aviation portals and official OEM website for their listing.

Boeing officially list 32316 for sale as airframe only, meaning 9V-SVI will destined for scrapper whoever bought her. (http://www.boeing.com/company/key-or...tal/index.page)

SRO and SVN will most probably kept as back up aircraft for whoever wish to lease to cover grounding, especially 787.

Comment

• SVE is back in service today to Bangkok (SQ974), after 3.5 weeks on the ground.

Comment

• Lo and behold SVE has risen from the dead...again!
                    I recall SVE having died a few times in the past few years, only to come back from the dead a few weeks later. Not as if they had a shortage of aircraft... SQN could have covered SVE’s flights yesterday.

Comment

• Isn’t SQM also retired too? Latest image shows it did an airtest and stripped completely of SQ colors

Comment

• Have I gotten this correct -
                        SQJ, SQL, SQM, SRM are all stored at Changi... isn’t it kinda costly to store them here?

Comment

Have I gotten this correct -
                          SQJ, SQL, SQM, SRM are all stored at Changi... isn’t it kinda costly to store them here?
                          I think they must be waiting for formality to be completed before they are sent off. Might have been given a waiver by Changi due to COVID-19 too.

Comment

• 9V-SQM (as N749BC) just departed SIN bound for GYR.
                            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Are there still SQ 777-200 planes stored in Alice spring ?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                                9V-SQM (as N749BC) just departed SIN bound for GYR.
                                😢 goodbye SQM.
                                How bout SQL, any idea?

Comment

Working...
                                X