No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines B777-9 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the dimmable shades could block all light that would be best. The ones on the 787 can't so I would rather have the old fashioned type.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
      If the dimmable shades could block all light that would be best. The ones on the 787 can't so I would rather have the old fashioned type.
      Agreed. And as cool as the concept might be, electronically dimming windows are just another thing to cause technical problems.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        Agreed. And as cool as the concept might be, electronically dimming windows are just another thing to cause technical problems.
        My cabin crew friends actually loved it.
        They do not have to go row by row "sir/madam could you please open/close your window shades?" Prior to landing or preparing the cabin to sleep mode.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          The current dimmable shades don't block any light? Referring to especially when the sun is shining right on your face and when the windowshade feels hot for that reason.

Hopefully based on the recent posts on the thread the dimmable shades will
          block out light especially when people want to sleep. The fact is everything will have its downsides and technical problems so hopefully the kinks will be worked out for the 777-9

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            The current dimmable shades don't block any light? Referring to especially when the sun is shining right on your face and when the windowshade feels hot for that reason.

Hopefully based on the recent posts on the thread the dimmable shades will
            block out light especially when people want to sleep. The fact is everything will have its downsides and technical problems so hopefully the kinks will be worked out for the 777-9
            FN-GM said "If the dimmable shades could block ALL light..." To help you interpret this basic statement, it means they block some or most of the incoming light, but not ALL of it as well as a conventional shade would. This situation is very different from the dimmable shade not blocking ANY light. I "HOPE" this lesson on the difference between "any" and "all" will help you interpret future posts on the forum and thus make a more meaningful contribution to the ongoing discourse.

Comment

The first generation dimmable windows did not block as much light as newer ones — Here’s an article talking about the newer version added to newer 787s. I read that the 777X version will be the faster dimming one; my guess is that it will also block more light.

https://apex.aero/2016/11/10/lighter...mmable-windows

Comment

Thanks SQ228

Stratoliner777 - if that is the case that would be great!

Comment

Boeing quietly unveils Boeing 777X to employees

https://airlinegeeks.com/2019/03/13/...x-controversy/
                  Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

What a beautiful livery on a beautiful plane! The folded wingtips are a distinctive sight. I suppose of the airline logos are in alphabetical order, which would make the Singapore Airlines tail towards the rear of the list.

Comment

Beautiful plane! SQ can consider painting the SQ logo on the external side of the folding winglet, so that it comes up after it lands.

Comment

additional points of failure

Comment

The B777X looks beautiful in the Boeing livery. Thanks for posting

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
                            additional points of failure
                            Folding wings have existed for a long time; with proper maintenance, shouldn't be a problem.

A couple of weeks ago I would have said that "furthermore, I'm sure that they are going to over-engineer this mechanism" but now, i'm not so sure...

Comment

1st appearance of 777-9 in the sun

Comment

Boeing's 777X faces engine snags, questions rise over delivery goal

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1T62KU

Boeing Co’s effort to build the world’s largest twin-engined jet, the 777X, continues to be hampered by challenges with General Electric Co’s new GE9X turbine engine, a top Boeing executive said on Wednesday.

Boeing is facing testing glitches on the GE9X after assembly delays on the engine and the plane’s carbon-composite wings.
                                Likely a 6-month delay

Comment

Working...
                                X