Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIA A350-900 from Singapore to San Francisco in Economy (SQ32/31 SIN-SFO-SIN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moreover, he noticed how they cut amenities like giving a pouch bag of socks, and toothbrush kit. It’s like Cathay Pacific where you have to ask or go to the lav to get one.

Airlines are in a big pressure/competition from what he told so there seemed to be nothing distinct on SQ compared to previous experiences. Even Cathay Pacific seats can be crammed but it was nothing like what he reported

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      Thanks for the TR, yflyer. You put a lot of thought into this TR and seems you enjoyed the flight a lot.
      Thanks, SQfanatic!

The previous 2013 seats to him were still better on the A350.
      we would prefer to take the HKG flight in terms of comfort as long as the 77W is on SQ1/2.
      Looking just at SQ's planes with 9-abreast 3-3-3, the 777 has a slightly wider fuselage than the A350, which is slightly wider than the 787.

Purely in terms of seat width and cabin spaciousness, the 777 is still the leader. That said, I find SQ's A350 Y seats and cabin fine as well -- good ambience and spaciousness, even if it is not quite as roomy as the 777.

I personally quite like SQ1's flight timing (Late night departure out of SFO and morning arrival in HKG), however these days I have a strong preference for nonstops mainly because of convenience. I also find the A350 cabin just a little quieter and less dry than the 777.

I think it all boils down to individual preferences and priorities. I don't think you can go wrong with either SQ32/31 on the A350 or SQ2/1 on the 77WR.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        Thanks, SQfanatic!

Looking just at SQ's planes with 9-abreast 3-3-3, the 777 has a slightly wider fuselage than the A350, which is slightly wider than the 787.

Purely in terms of seat width and cabin spaciousness, the 777 is still the leader. That said, I find SQ's A350 Y seats and cabin fine as well -- good ambience and spaciousness, even if it is not quite as roomy as the 777.

I personally quite like SQ1's flight timing (Late night departure out of SFO and morning arrival in HKG), however these days I have a strong preference for nonstops mainly because of convenience. I also find the A350 cabin just a little quieter and less dry than the 777.

I think it all boils down to individual preferences and priorities. I don't think you can go wrong with either SQ32/31 on the A350 or SQ2/1 on the 77WR.
        Nonstops are good no doubt. They will save you time and off peak season nonstop flights have always been cheaper for my dad.

It would make sense if one goes alone and just cares about reaching their final destination quick (my dad). I am fine with long layovers as there’s quite a lot to in Singapore and you have the option to leave the airport whereas in HKG it’s more stricter.

Comment

Oh wow. 16+++ hours in Y. Truly for the hardy. I think I still prefer to break it somewhere in between.

Anyway, do they allow upgrade with points from Y to J (double upgrade as such)?

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            Oh wow. 16+++ hours in Y. Truly for the hardy. I think I still prefer to break it somewhere in between.
            Well there are pro's and con's. For SIN-SFO, I quite like the nonstop on SQ's A350 (or UA's 787) and that would be my first choice. interestingly if I had to do a transit stop, I would prefer a longer transit time, where there is enough time to enjoy the lounge or airside area, rather than a super short one where you just head through security, and have barely enough time to head to the lounge before having to reboard.

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            Anyway, do they allow upgrade with points from Y to J (double upgrade as such)?
            Yes nowadays they do, however on the SIN-SFO sector, the J cabin is almost always full of corporate travellers. It is very difficult to upgrade or redeem J on SQ on this sector.

Comment

Working...
            X