SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kai89 View Post
    Was on SVC and SVE in the last week. I don't see any problem with the 2006 seats. Spacious cabin and massive washrooms that you can actually walk around in, both relics of the past.
    hahah yeah, im tall (180cm) and i can cross my legs comfortably sitting in Y on the 772s.

That's something i can't do at all on any of the 77Ws, 787s & the new A388s!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
      Only SQK (now dead and written off) SQM SQN SRM were refurbished.
      Still waiting for SQL to return to service to see if it’ll be refurbished too
      so SRO is still old config. will be flying on it in few hours
      visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        so SRO is still old config. will be flying on it in few hours
        You wouldn't be able to tell from the seat map as it's identical. Let us know post-flight.

I suspect we've seen the last 2006 product transfer. With so many new craft arriving, they have enough of them already done to sustain a legacy fleet for the next couple of years and that's probably as long as they'll be in service. If we do see another hand-me-down refit, my bet would be it's a 773.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          You wouldn't be able to tell from the seat map as it's identical. Let us know post-flight.

I suspect we've seen the last 2006 product transfer. With so many new craft arriving, they have enough of them already done to sustain a legacy fleet for the next couple of years and that's probably as long as they'll be in service. If we do see another hand-me-down refit, my bet would be it's a 773.
          ya old config
          visit my blog

Comment

• Just curious if 773 is any better than 772 especially in eco.

Does it have config like 77W or 772?
            visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              Just curious if 773 is any better than 772 especially in eco.

Does it have config like 77W or 772?
              I think there's confusion happening here about the term "config" which is the configuration of how seats are arranged. Around 2013, the SV-series of 772s were "refurbished". In the Y cabin, the seats were kept but the way they were arranged in the cabin was changed slightly and then the seats were reupholstered. That was definitely a new "config".

What has happened since is the fitting of 2006 ex-77W Y seats into old 772 and 773 cabins. The configuration of the cabin has not changed. The old banks of 3 seats have been unbolted and removed and seats from 77Ws have replaced them in the exact same positions that the old seats had. This has allowed SQ to have a single seat map for all planes of each type (SQ*, SR*, SV* & SY* series) even though some planes from each of these 4 series have newer 2006 seats and some have the older original seats.

Hopefully this clarifies.

Comment

• Seems SVM should be certainly out of the fleet.
                SVJ has also stopped flying for two weeks. but looking at the 77E requirements, Im wondering if the remaining 3x 77Es can support them?

Comment

Seems SVM should be certainly out of the fleet.
                  SVJ has also stopped flying for two weeks. but looking at the 77E requirements, Im wondering if the remaining 3x 77Es can support them?
                  Currently both of them are out of action and not doing revenue flights. How many 77E are supposed to leave the fleet by the end of the Fiscal Year?

Comment

CHC is about to go A350 for it's regular daily flight so that'll be one less needed.

Once that happens they could easily be reduced to four and then three once the extra CHC flights end.

Comment

SVM is out for a flight test at the moment and looks like it might be re-entering service.

I wonder if it's gotten the hand-me-down seats in Y.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                        SVM is out for a flight test at the moment and looks like it might be re-entering service.

I wonder if it's gotten the hand-me-down seats in Y.
                        They also perform flight tests before an aircraft leaves the fleet.

Comment

• 9V-SVM is currently rostered SQ223|06JAN (SIN-PER) at the moment.
                          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• On a side note, finally on 23rd December 2018, 9V-SWT, Singapore Airlines’ last remaining 3-class Boeing 777-300ER with the older 2006 cabin products, landed back into Changi following a service from Shanghai to undergo its cabin refit in the hangar.
                            When it emerges, probably sometime next month, it will feature the 2013 First and Business Class seats, a Premium Economy section, updated Economy Class seats, and will be Wi-Fi enabled.
                            This brings the Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-300ER fleet to a common interior configuration, Version 2, with immediate effect. That’s good news as it means there will no longer be any need to fear the older seats when you book flights or award tickets on this aircraft type, the largest single fleet in the airline totalling 27 aircraft.

Comment

• More details here
                              https://mainlymiles.com/2019/01/05/s...-left-service/

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                                When it emerges, probably sometime next month, it will feature the 2013 First and Business Class seats, a Premium Economy section, updated Economy Class seats, and will be Wi-Fi enabled.
                                I remember when they first announced the refit it was going to completed in 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                X