SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
    Glad to see the SQ is getting rid of those older aircraft without AVOD. However, I thought all SY*, except for one, will be retrofitted to new regional C. Why would SQ do that if they have been sold.
    These are the first batch of SQ 772s with de-rated Rolls Royce Trent 800 engines, right? What would be the range of 772s like these? Could they do non-stop trans-pacific routes? Would it be difficult to "up-rate" them to meet 777-200ER specs and performance?

Comment

Originally posted by ekimnat View Post
      These are the first batch of SQ 772s with de-rated Rolls Royce Trent 800 engines, right? What would be the range of 772s like these? Could they do non-stop trans-pacific routes? Would it be difficult to "up-rate" them to meet 777-200ER specs and performance?
      Uprating them is just a matter of paying some money to RR and loading new software in the engines and then paying some money to Boeing and attaching a new certificate. The buyers may very well do just that.

Comment

Just got news that Cebu Pacific will not buy ex-SQ 772s. They have instead changed pending A320 orders for new A330-300 aircraft. They will use these aircraft to fly to Australia and the Middle East.

Comment

Sorry for the awful pics - took it on the run with my lousy mobile phone camera. But there she is - SQB about to say goodbye to a place she's called home for 12 years

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            There she is - SQB about to say goodbye to a place she's called home for 12 years.
            Let's try to be positive. This is progress. I'm sure none of us will miss the non-AVOD IFE and the A330-300 really is a nice plane. I'll be very happy when all the A330-300s have been delivered, the Jumbos all retired, and the 777-300s refitted. I'm looking forward to the 787s and A350s.

Comment

Originally posted by ekimnat View Post
              Just got news that Cebu Pacific will not buy ex-SQ 772s. They have instead changed pending A320 orders for new A330-300 aircraft. They will use these aircraft to fly to Australia and the Middle East.
              if cebu pacific have 777...that would be great!

Comment

hi, was told by my boss that SQB and the 744s are not being sold yet. they are being sent for storage first. after that dunno wheter SQ will extend the leases or sell them off for the case of the 777s. SQ is afraid the market will suddenly pick up and they have shortage of aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by banx007 View Post
                  hi, was told by my boss that SQB and the 744s are not being sold yet. they are being sent for storage first. after that dunno wheter SQ will extend the leases or sell them off for the case of the 777s. SQ is afraid the market will suddenly pick up and they have shortage of aircraft.
                  SQ were burned by a shortage of aircraft from 2006 to 2008 so it would not be surprising for them to be risk-averse now.

Comment

9V-SQA was seen today sans right engine, but still in full SQ colours. Is this a/c exiting the fleet soon as well?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      9V-SQA was seen today sans right engine, but still in full SQ colours. Is this a/c exiting the fleet soon as well?
                      Depends on what you mean by "soon". Certainly within the next two years and probably much sooner.

Comment

With SQA & SQB 'going', it seems my personal goal of flying every one of SQ's 777s will not be achieved. I'm missing most of the older non-AVOD birds from my flown list

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                          Depends on what you mean by "soon". Certainly within the next two years and probably much sooner.
                          Well by "soon" I was actually wondering if SQA has flown it's last commercial service for SQ...

Comment

Hey Guys, good news! My bosses have been telling me that they are putting SPE back into service as business is picking up fast. Same goes for SQA. as for SQB, it is still undecided. Once the report has been confirm, i let u all know. hopefully, business is really picking up.

Comment

Hey Guys, good news! My bosses have been telling me that they are putting SPE back into service as business is picking up fast. Same goes for SQA. as for SQB, it is still undecided. Once the report has been confirm, i let u all know. hopefully, business is really picking up.
                              Business is picking up fast? Can that be possible?

Comment

they are being sent for storage first. after that dunno wheter SQ will extend the leases or sell them off for the case of the 777s.
                                Had a slight suspicion that that will be the case as the Singapore Airlines title were covered with a white decal. And SQ has a habit of painting the whole a/c white with no resemblance of the airline xcept for the reg if it's sold off to another airline. I believe SQA is going through a routine eng change.
                                As for business picking up, the slight continual rise of the pax load factor is evident but how much of that translates into a rise in yield ( $$$) is still very much unknown with the "cut throat" discounts they are giving out.

Comment

Working...
                                X