Westin Guangzhou, #24, #25, #43
    Sheraton Dongguan, #44, #45, #57
    Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, #46, #47, #58

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, #30, #48, #54
    Sheraton Shanghai Hotel and Residences, #31
    Four Points by Sheraton Pudong, Shanghai, #31
    Four Points by Sheraton Daning, Shanghai, #32, #33
    The Westin Bund Centre, Shanghai, #53, #59

Well well, to take advantage of the DOUBLE STAY promotion, I have decided to follow KeithMEL in running for SPG Platinum by the end of this month In addition, I will also stay 4 nights at any Four Points Property to get the 4000 extra bonus Starpoints (another promo).

Will post pics of the properties if u guys are interested
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 3 August 2009, 11:40 PM. Reason: updates

Good luck - looks like you'd land PLAT before me. Just make sure your 11/17 stay is in a different hotel to your 11/16 stay or it'd count as only 2 stays instead of 4!

4 more stays to go for me - PVG trip in Dec. Just in time for my RTW next year.

Reviews of the hotels would be very useful resources indeed.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 October 2007, 12:53 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      Good luck - looks like you'd land PLAT before me. Just make sure your 11/17 stay is in a different hotel to your 11/16 stay or it'd count as only 2 stays instead of 4!

4 more stays to go for me - PVG trip in Dec. Just in time for my RTW next year.

Yup, there are 2 Four Points properties in Shanghai, so, I will hop around. Hmm...when is your PVG trip?

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
        Yup, there are 2 Four Points properties in Shanghai, so, I will hop around. Hmm...when is your PVG trip?
        After yours unfortunately - 06-11dec. And it's outside the promo so I'd need to do 4 actual stays. Am alternating between Westin and Le Royal Meridien. But as I'm there for 5 nights (some would say it's an overkill ;personally I never stay for less than 3 nights if it's my first visit to any city) I can afford to spend 2 consecutive nights, hence a respite from un/packing at the nicer of the 2.
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 October 2007, 01:55 PM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

After yours unfortunately - 06-11dec. And it's outside the promo so I'd need to do 4 actual stays. Am alternating between Westin and Le Royal Meridien. But as I'm there for 5 nights (some would say it's an overkill ;personally I never stay for less than 3 nights if it's my first visit to any city) I can afford to spend 2 consecutive nights, hence a respite from un/packing at the nicer of the 2.
          Lucky you....I am choosing the cheapest SPG properties in Shanghai

Comment

Keith, I have heard rave reviews about Le Royal Meridien in Shanghai. Hope you can do a short review for us here about this property. It apparently also has the best location for tourist.

Comment

I stayed at the Westin Guangzhou earlier this month. Nice property but they still have a few little service issues to iron out. In fairness the full official opening had only been a couple of days before.

When I check out of the Sheraton Saigon later today that will be me Plat for next year. I took double points instead of double stays as I was only 4 stays from requalification.

I am in Shanghai last week of December and still haven't decided where to stay yet.

Comment

Sheraton Changsha

I was in Changsha for a conference last weekend and had the opportunity to try Sheraton Changsha, a brand new hotel and probably the best one in the city at the moment. Changsha is the capital of the Hunan province and it's famous for its spicy and unique delicacies like Chou Tofu (pungent beancurd), Duo Jiao Yu Tou (fish-head with chilly), etc.

The hotel is about 40 mins ride from the Airport and I stayed there for 2 nights, on the 26th and 28th Oct. According to the staff there, the hotel's official opening was on the 1st of Sep and my first impression was that the hotel is really spanking new and luxurious!

The exterior of the hotel:

Here's some pics of the lobby and surroundings:

It even has a Rolls-Royce parked in front of the entrance!
                Last edited by YK@HKG; 30 October 2007, 11:13 PM.

Comment

I was given a Superior room. The decor of the room certainly is very modern and brand-new. It comes with a king size bed, flat-screen TV, seperate shower and bath tub, a small sofa, desk and chair. Amenities include the usual Aqua Shui stuffs for bath gel, shower and shampoo.

The bed:

The flat-screen TV:

The bath-tub and shower:

The room rate of RMB788 nett comes with a breakfast at the Taste restaurant on level 3. It has both Western and Chinese favorites (including local delicacies). I also had the chance to try out the Hunan restaurant on the same floor in the afternoon before I left for the airport. Food was slightly more expensive than the restaurants in the city (which was expected), but, it tasted good.

Service-wise, I had no complaints. On the morning of 28th (11am), I already arrived at the hotel (from another hotel) but the room was not ready yet. Still, the staff allowed me to check in and put my luggage. Since I was planning to go out for lunch anyway, I really appreciated her help As a SPG Gold member, I also received the usual welcome fruit basket.

Overall, it's a pleasant hotel with a competitive rate and I certainly enjoyed my stay there.
                  Last edited by YK@HKG; 30 October 2007, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                    Changsha is the capital of the Hunan province and it's famous for its spicy and unique delicacies like Chou Tofu (pungent beancurd), Duo Jiao Yu Tou (fish-head with chilly), etc.
                    Also famous for its links to Hunan's most famous son, the Chairman himself! I was in Changsha last Christmas and spent an amusing afternoon being shown around his old school by a group of college students who I met, e.g. his old desk .

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      Also famous for its links to Hunan's most famous son, the Chairman himself! I was in Changsha last Christmas and spent an amusing afternoon being shown around his old school by a group of college students who I met, e.g. his old desk .
                      Indeed...Chairman Mao Zhedong was born in Hunan. I also went to the college, the so-called "1000-years old college -- Yue Lu College", located inside the Hunan University.

Comment

YK@HK - thanks for the review and pics.

I was thinking about the very thing. Maybe we (someone else not me ) can set up a Sticky summary post with all the links to the various properties that has been reviewed here on SQT.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          ...When I check out of the Sheraton Saigon later today that will be me Plat for next year. I took double points instead of double stays as I was only 4 stays from requalification...
                          Like you, I opted for yet another option (not double points) as I already had completed 23 stays for the year (and several still booked) when I received the double stay option for the first time (as a 4th year PLT).

I'm looking forward to hearing about your Shanghai stays.
                          Last edited by cawhite; 1 November 2007, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Has anyone stayed at the Westin Nagoya Castle ? I have a few nights there at the end of December.

I don't need the SPG stays (23 so far; 2 already booked) so am really looking at location, service, decor and point earning potential. (The Hilton is tempting with 1,000 BD miles per night and I guess I should stay at least once given my comped HH gold.)

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                              Like you, I opted for yet another option (not double points) as I already had completed 23 stays for the year (and several still booked) when I received the double stay option for the first time (as a 4th year PLT).

I'm looking forward to hearing about your Shanghai stays.
                              It's funny eh? I dd not received any promo for double pints nor double stays.

Comment

Working...
                              X