No announcement yet.

Future W Hotels (and Retreats and Spas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The opening date for W HK has already been delayed by quite a bit (increments of 30 days from MAY08). The GM has advised that they'd have the requisite infrastructure for online bookings by late Feb. Alas I now miss the opening date by 4 days for my stay in July but will get to check it out in September.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Not exactly Asia Pacific but rather than start another thread about W, just to mention that I see today that there will be a W in London (Leicester Sq) opening in early 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        Not exactly Asia Pacific but rather than start another thread about W, just to mention that I see today that there will be a W in London (Leicester Sq) opening in early 2010.

But knowing these things I don't think it would be open till mid 2010 at least. (see W HK and W FLL as examples...)
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Do you know which building that will be turned to W?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Do you know which building that will be turned to W?

I wonder if/how they'll incorporate the various features into the hotel ?

http://www.swissreview.co.uk/news.ph...ction=all&max=

He told Swiss Review that although the ten storey building facing Leicester Square had been sold to an Irish property group for possible re-development, safeguards had been written into the agreement to preserve its Swiss character.

Discussions have also been held with the City of Westminster to ensure that distinctive images, such as the Swiss Court, the famous Glockenspiel and the cantonal flags remain.
            A picture of the Glockenspiel here:

http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=455662

Comment

Great location for KeithMEL. Clubs, late night supper... all within walking (or rather staggering - in Keith's own words) distance. Not my cup of tea. Too crowded and too mad for me.

Another reason why we love the Swiss too much?

Comment

They're opening a W in Manchester too...

I wouldn't call Princess Street the 'warehouse district' but it will probably do for all the Arabs coming over to watch City.. :

Starwood Hotels & Resorts has signed a new W Hotel. The W Manchester is scheduled to open in 2010 and will be located in the heart of the city's vibrant warehouse district.

Home to indie rock icons, a thriving creative community and legendary record labels, Manchester offers an exceptional setting for the W Hotel brand's latest insider escape. The sleek, new, Ian Simpson-designed hotel will boast approximately 160 luxuriously appointed guest rooms, 7,000 square feet of meeting and event space, a signature spa, fitness facility, a W Hotels The Store retail store, and a world-class destination restaurant.

"This eye-catching new hotel will not only energize the city's landscape, but will also give our guests a stylish, new alternative in the chic, modern city of Manchester," said Roeland Vos, President of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Europe, Africa and Middle East. "W Manchester will offer escape, exclusivity and innovative design in the heart of the city's most sought-after neighbourhood, further expanding our fast-growing global portfolio."

Starwood is partnering with West Properties UK Ltd., a leading construction and property development company, to open W Manchester as part of the lifestyle-oriented 'Origin' mixed-use development. Centrally located on Princess Street, W Manchester will provide an exciting new venue for the city's hottest social events while serving as a sophisticated sanctuary for discerning travellers and local insiders. The hotel's vibrant and highly desirable location gives guests access to the city's finest theatres, music venues, restaurants and bars and is within walking distance to Manchester's main Piccadilly Station.

W Manchester will also feature a 4,000 square foot ballroom as well as more than 3,000 square feet of fully wired, flexible meeting space

Comment

Thread title edited.

Comment

The Sathorn Square complex in Bangkok is finally coming up out of the ground. But the first tower to rise is the one right on the corner of the lot that will contain offices. Workers are now driving the piles for the other tower, which is on the Western side of the old embassy building and will contain the W. It remains to be seen what the old embassy structure will be converted into-- a spa or a restaurant or a bar/lounge or all of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                      There is a Westin coming up at Sentosa.

http://www.cdl.com.sg/cdlData.nsf/ne...0-%20FINAL.pdf
                      This says end of 2009. I wonder if it's still on track ?

Comment

A W in Sentosa... of all places??

Don't think I'd be staying in that one anytime... (unless it's for a night just to check it out)
                        Last edited by KeithMEL; 4 April 2009, 09:08 AM.

Comment

You have W on the brain!

Westin!

Comment

You have W on the brain!

Westin!
                            Hmm... well i did google and found this:

http://www.asiaone.com/Travel/Places...609-13243.html

IN ADDITION to the Amara Sanctuary Resort arriving on the Sentosa scene, two more resorts are also on the way - Millenia Hotel's Capella Singapore, which will be completed by the end of next year, and The W Hotel at the Quayside Isle on Sentosa Cove, developed by City Development Ltd, which is to be completed by end-2010.
                            Also when I looked under the 'new properties' page on Starwood's careers site:

W Singapore Sentosa Cove in Sentosa, Singapore
                            This new development has got to be REALLY AMAZING to make me want to stay on Sentosa Island...

Comment

Sentosa is TRENDY!
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                                Sentosa is TRENDY!
                                It's a hole, and it doesn't seem as convenient to get from Sentosa to the mainland as it is from Kowloon to HK Island.

Comment

Working...
                                X