A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
    Would SQ have used a seperate set of rego numbers to differentiate the regional and long-haul birds?
    That would make logical sense and seems to be how SQ did the 772s
    However I am still a relative newbie and will defer to the experts on the forum. I don’t believe EK uses separate numbers for their 77W and A380s

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
      That would make logical sense and seems to be how SQ did the 772s
      However I am still a relative newbie and will defer to the experts on the forum. I don’t believe EK uses separate numbers for their 77W and A380s
      I agree with you. SQ have done this in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        SMS and SMT are clearly the two additional A350s for BNE, which raises the question of SMU. Either the fleet has grown to a sufficient size that they now want a bit more slack for maintenance and equipment failure, or SMU represents a new destination or additional flights to existing ones.
        I just checked my booking for SQ236 on 8 January 2018 and it is now showing as a A350 .

When the change to a B772 was notified in August I was notififed by SIA that the flight would change to a A350 in mid January. I was originally very disappointed to miss out by a week but now it looks like it has been brought forward.

Did SIA announce this change or did it just occur as they now have sufficient A350s in the fleet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thommo79 View Post
          I just checked my booking for SQ236 on 8 January 2018 and it is now showing as a A350 .

When the change to a B772 was notified in August I was notififed by SIA that the flight would change to a A350 in mid January. I was originally very disappointed to miss out by a week but now it looks like it has been brought forward.

Did SIA announce this change or did it just occur as they now have sufficient A350s in the fleet?
          For a moment you filled me with hope. Same flight, 28 December. No such luck...

Comment

• Originally posted by Thommo79 View Post

Is this in the new regional config? Or the usual A350?

Comment

• I would be surprised if SMU featured the new regional product. With the following seven A350's being ULR variants, it would make little sense to have a single A350 in a regional configuration for such an extended period.

Comment

• Yes SQ would most likely be having a new set of registration numbers for their regional birds. So I doubt SMU is a regional bird.

Comment

• My eyes might be deceiving me between SMT and SMU, but I see nothing different with the windows. It may be that up to SMZ that it will be a longhaul A350, because like FSJZ says, with the regional A350's and the 359ULR, more likely than not they usually will start with a different series. Then again, SQ has said 20 of them will only be used for longhaul.

Comment

• Would it be safe to say that the regional birds probably wouldn't make their appearance in service until the later half of 2018 at the earliest? I know there are pictures of those white opal seats, but SQ hasn't even unveiled the regional products officially yet. Seems unlikely that SMU would be installed with any new regional seats in this case. For whatever it's worth, they should let the 2 Nov launch earlier this month sink in first, before confusing the world with yet another launch

Ps: the AUSBT article citing the white opal seats only mentioned 787-10s

Comment

• Wouldn't it be hilarious if they delivered an A350 with the current regional product?

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                        Wouldn't it be hilarious if they delivered an A350 with the current regional product?
                        There are some things we don't joke about!

Comment

• To be honest I'm surprised SQ still plan to use the A359 on regional routes. I'd have thought A359 on long haul, with B78K on the regionals would be a sensible division of resource.

I'm sure there are good operational reasons for doing this, but nothing obviously springs to mind...

Comment

• Well I just came back on a A359 from KUL-SIN. Was surprised that they were using the A359 on such a short route. No complaints though as I got the chance to try out the PE seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                              To be honest I'm surprised SQ still plan to use the A359 on regional routes. I'd have thought A359 on long haul, with B78K on the regionals would be a sensible division of resource.

I'm sure there are good operational reasons for doing this, but nothing obviously springs to mind...
                              I agree. There will be a large number of regional aircraft if they do use the A350 on regional routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                                I agree. There will be a large number of regional aircraft if they do use the A350 on regional routes.
                                It feels like the A359 is well placed to position SQ on some of the longer thinner sectors. It can build up frequencies to the European cities (ex LHR/CDG/FRA), NZ, and the thinner Australian routes (Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra).

The A380, B777 (and eventually B77X) can operate the thicker routes to Europe (LHR, CDG, FRA), Australia (SYD, MEL), Asia (PEK, PVG, TYO) and the one stoppers to North America (LAX/SFO).

The B78Ks can operate the regional routes, such as the Indian subcontinent, Malaysia, Indonesia, Perth, and probably a number of Chinese cities.

Quite how Scoot fits into this picture - possibly the B78K - I'm not sure.

Anyway, food for thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X