This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQOZflyer View Post
    I was wondering wheter there is actually any difference between the regional F seat on 772s and 773s? Is any of the two "better"? I've flown regional F on 773s only. I noticed last time that the seat controls in the 773 F are slightly different from the ones in 772 F...

Any significant difference in recline, leg rest, overall comfort?

Seatguru describes the regional F seats on the 772 as "fully flat" whereas the 773 F is supposed to be "angled lie-flat"... in my opinion both is not correct and neither go "flat"...

Just noticed this post:

Yes, there is a difference between regional F on the 772 and 773.

About 4 inches of pitch - 64 on the 773 vs 60 on the 772. Both are adequately comfortable but they do not go flat in either version.

Comment

The A380 seatmap available here:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...o/380/A380.jpg
      I noticed that the original post does not have the A380 seatmap in the post, so I thought someone could put this up

Comment

And the A345 seatmap link needs to be updated...

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U.../A340-500J.jpg

Comment

2F or 3F?

First time newbie question. I've checked-in online for my flight on SQ319 to SIN leaving tomorrow and have chosen 3F but 2F is also available. Which seat is better overall? I wanted 4F but that has been taken. I'm right-handed so always prefer the right-hand side of the plane on a jumbo.
          My SQ A380 photos

Comment

Originally posted by UK flyer View Post
            First time newbie question. I've checked-in online for my flight on SQ319 to SIN leaving tomorrow and have chosen 3F but 2F is also available. Which seat is better overall? I wanted 4F but that has been taken. I'm right-handed so always prefer the right-hand side of the plane on a jumbo.
            I'm also interested in responses to this question, albeit from the opposite perspective of being booked in 2F and wondering if 3F would be better. I supose my concern (from no F experience whatsoever so far) is that one might feel hemmed in when in 2F, whereas 3F would offer a better view of the cabin and thus feel more spacious? The answer might well be that there are no bad seats in F, and indeed when one looks at photos similar to this one, 2F doesn't look too bad at all. Just a thought

P.S. I know you're camera shy UK flyer, so perhaps the privacy of 2F might work well Regardless, please do post a trip report!!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
              I supose my concern (from no F experience whatsoever so far) is that one might feel hemmed in when in 2F, whereas 3F would offer a better view of the cabin and thus feel more spacious?
              You read what I was thinking before I asked my question! I have chosen 3F instead of 2F. At the moment 2D is occupied but 3D isn't so I hope I get more privacy in 3F.

I will certainly do a trip report, I may be camera-shy but I'm not shy of taking pics.
              My SQ A380 photos

Comment

I will certainly do a trip report, I may be camera-shy but I'm not shy of taking pics.
                Have a great trip UK flyer - look forward to seeing some pics! If, perchance, 2F is unoccupied, could you take some photos of the view from the seat for me? I'd be interested in how good the "quasi-forward view" out of the windows actually is (as mentioned on various seat selection sites) and indeed a brief review of your thoughts re. my previous comments.

Many thanks in advance and safe travels!

Comment

If, perchance, 2F is unoccupied, could you take some photos of the view from the seat for me?
                  No worries, I'll try and do that for you.
                  My SQ A380 photos

Comment

I've got some pics here - hopefully it'll help answer a couple of those 2D 2F questions (but don't ask how they were taken (I've still got my footprints on 1B) . Have some more not often seen angles of this cabin if you want.

View from 2F looking at 2D

View from forward of the 2F ottoman looking at 2D

2D looking at 2F

Cabin overview

Ceiling height picture of 2D

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      I've got some pics here - hopefully it'll help answer a couple of those 2D 2F questions (but don't ask how they were taken (I've still got my footprints on 1B) . Have some more not often seen angles of this cabin if you want.
                      Many thanks SQflyergirl, some great photos there I had only recently learnt about the presence of an ottoman in front of 2A and 2F (incidentally from one of Howard Long's reports on V-Flyer). Any more shots of this part of the cabin would be most appreciated!
                      Last edited by nickbot; 3 May 2008, 01:44 PM.

Comment

View taken from 2F (SQ002 SIN-HKG)

2F certainly doesn't make you feel any less spacious than 3F. That's because the design of the layout means that 2D across the aisle is about the same distance as 3D is from 3F. No real difference I could tell.

I was going to write a trip report for my flight on SQ319 - I took over 50 pics - but the quality of the pics are extremely poor (due to an incorrect setting which I only discovered on arrival in SIN) so apologies for not being able to post my pics. This is how bad they are:

So I'm really disappointed about that.
                        My SQ A380 photos

Comment

Many thanks SQflyergirl, some great photos there I had only recently learnt about the presence of an ottoman in front of 2A and 2F (incidentally from one of Howard Long's reports on V-Flyer). Any more shots of this part of the cabin would be most appreciated!
                          The ottoman is in front of every single seat in the F cabin - so here's a pic of the 2F ottoman, but it's no different from any other ottoman.

Comment

Thanks for the pics UK flyer - shame about the camera setting (have done that myself recently, set my N95 to low res to send some pics, but then forgot to set back to 5 MP ) Hope you had a great trip though!

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            The ottoman is in front of every single seat in the F cabin - so here's a pic of the 2F ottoman, but it's no different from any other ottoman.

Ahh I now see what you mean SQflyergirl - when I first read your ottoman comments, I thought you meant these two stools/storage compartments from the report by Howard Long that I linked to:

[Photograph by Howard Long, V-Flyer]

Comment

Which is the best seats for 77W in Y?

Sorry guys, could not find the link. Which seats are the best for Y?
                              Thanks...

Comment

2F certainly doesn't make you feel any less spacious than 3F. That's because the design of the layout means that 2D across the aisle is about the same distance as 3D is from 3F. No real difference I could tell.
                                I have flown SQ F on a 744 quite a few times and have always chosen seat 2A (have been on 1B however probably wouldn't book this seat again as even though it has it's benefit of being very private, I did miss the windows and the overall feeling the F cabin and somewhat seeing everyone in F....).

Anyway, I like to get your feedback on the following 2 points:

1. Would you rather reserve the F seat on the left or right side - any specific reasons or just personal preference?

2. I have read feedback that row 4 probably is probably the best F row on a 744. Personally, I am not too sure on this as it's close to the washrooms. Has anyone sat on row 3? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! Cheers.
                                Last edited by SQ All The Way; 2 June 2008, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X