Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regional 777 First Class seat preference????

[QUOTE=globetrekker84;7704]My personal recommendations:
    [/LIST]
    B777-200 (regional 3-class)[LIST][*]First Class: 1A[*]Business Class: 11ACHK, 12ACHK[*]Economy Class: 31ACHK

I note with much interest seat 1A being a preferred seat on the regional F class 777-200. I will be flying F class on SQ238 MEL/SIN on a regional 777-200 (yes, the one fitted with "antique" seats that SQ doesn't seem to promote very much ) and I have been allocated seat 1B. Does anyone know if there is sufficient legroom to ensure that the person sitting in 1A won't need to climb over me if I have my seat in full recline mode? If there is a problem, maybe I should request a centre aisle seat? What do people think

Comment

[quote=rodw;16350]
      Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
      My personal recommendations:[/list]B777-200 (regional 3-class)[list][*]First Class: 1A[*]Business Class: 11ACHK, 12ACHK[*]Economy Class: 31ACHK

I note with much interest seat 1A being a preferred seat on the regional F class 777-200. I will be flying F class on SQ238 MEL/SIN on a regional 777-200 (yes, the one fitted with "antique" seats that SQ doesn't seem to promote very much ) and I have been allocated seat 1B. Does anyone know if there is sufficient legroom to ensure that the person sitting in 1A won't need to climb over me if I have my seat in full recline mode? If there is a problem, maybe I should request a centre aisle seat? What do people think
      A pic paints a thousand words: Here it is on the 772.

Comment

Not a pretty picture. I think I'll call SQ right now and ask for the centre aisle seat. Thanks heaps SQFlyergirl

Comment

Here's a quick update SQFlyer girl.... Having seen with horror the lack of legroom in seats 1A and 1B, I just called SQ and got them to move me to a middle section seat (1D). I first of all checked if anyone was seated in row 1A (I was 1B) and the friendly staff member said there was. All in all, a good result....thanks to you!! I will have a glass - or 3 - of Krug in your honour and to toast your quick and helpful response.
          Last edited by rodw; 8 May 2007, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Not fond of row 1. Always try to get the last row...

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
              Not fond of row 1. Always try to get the last row...
              Well, as it turned out, I decided to go with 2D after all. CGK, I completely agree with you that the last row in F is the best on the 772. And I guess it almost goes without saying that the worst F seat on a 747 or 77W is still better than the best seat on a 772 I won't make the mistake of flying on a 772 in the future.

Comment

A very useful thread... thanks to the ones who set it up

I was wondering wheter there is actually any difference between the regional F seat on 772s and 773s? Is any of the two "better"? I've flown regional F on 773s only. I noticed last time that the seat controls in the 773 F are slightly different from the ones in 772 F...

Any significant difference in recline, leg rest, overall comfort?

Seatguru describes the regional F seats on the 772 as "fully flat" whereas the 773 F is supposed to be "angled lie-flat"... in my opinion both is not correct and neither go "flat"...

I try to avoid regional F seats whenever possible but as I'll take a few trips in these this year I would be glad about any tips from the " more seasoned regional SQ F"- travellers on how to get as comfortable as possible... So far only critical amounts of Dom/Krug and red wine helped to fall in an uninterrupted sleep (or maybe rather in "a state of unconsciousness" )
                Last edited by SQOZflyer; 12 June 2007, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Ok, here's a YCL question. On the 77W, the new YCL seats have the personal reading light installed below the PTV screen in front of you. I find this a very useful function. However, is this also available in the emergency row seats in rows 31 and 44 where the PTVs are pulled up from under the seat instead of in front of you. Can anyone advise?

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                    Ok, here's a YCL question. On the 77W, the new YCL seats have the personal reading light installed below the PTV screen in front of you. I find this a very useful function. However, is this also available in the emergency row seats in rows 31 and 44 where the PTVs are pulled up from under the seat instead of in front of you. Can anyone advise?
                    Hi icn.sg, if reading with the white lights is your priority (as compared to the wonderful legroom) then I'll suggest that you skip these seats.

The seats by the emex have video screens mounted by the base to the metal arm, thus no lights are installed under these screens.

The seats in the centre (bulk heads) have wall mounted video screens....which is too far to light up your book/magazine.

Hope this shed some light to your query.

Cheers
                    Last edited by SQ LPP; 6 October 2007, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rodw View Post
                      I won't make the mistake of flying on a 772 in the future.
                      I fly on whatever aircraft type is going to my destination rather than flying a preferred aircraft type to a destination other than where I need to go.

I'm reminded of a passerby stopping to help a man looking for his keys under a lamppost. After an hour of fruitless searching, the passerby asks: "Are you sure this is where you dropped your keys?" "No, I dropped them about 100 meters down the road." "Then why are you looking for them here???" "The light is better."

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire View Post
                        Hi icn.sg, if reading with the white lights is your priority (as compared to the wonderful legroom) then I'll suggest that you skip these seats.

The seats by the emex have video screens mounted by the base to the metal arm, thus no lights are installed under these screens.

The seats in the centre (bulk heads) have wall mounted video screens....which is too far to light up your book/magazine.

Hope this shed some light to your query.

Cheers
                        Thanks for shedding some light on my query. I've been adequately enlightened.

Comment

Hello, is there a thread elsewhere anyone knows that shows the best F seat on Asiana 744 config from ICN-LAX? I have checked seatguru, etc and they dont really state it clearly and like to get some feedback from fellow seasoned travellers.

Appreciate anyhelp.

Cheers.

Comment

new A340-500 seatmap is available...le sigh

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U.../A340-500J.jpg

(i didnt put the pic directly in here as the image is really big!!)
                            Last edited by hofo_mofo; 3 April 2008, 08:16 AM.
                            I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

There goes the "passenger corner"!

Comment

First time I've seen a J seat in the "30's"

Comment

Working...
                                X