Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which seat is the best in R on the A380 and in F on the 77W? I want privacy on the A380 and seat 1A seems to be the most obvious choice with the stairs beside it but I want to know if the suite is smaller due to the nose of the aircraft. Also, is row 1 or 2 better in F on the 77W?

Comment

• Originally posted by SIA5390 View Post
      Which seat is the best in R on the A380 and in F on the 77W? I want privacy on the A380 and seat 1A seems to be the most obvious choice with the stairs beside it but I want to know if the suite is smaller due to the nose of the aircraft. Also, is row 1 or 2 better in F on the 77W?
      on the 380 - it does NOT matter. in fact 1A is probably the least private seat, and no, the suite is not smaller, and even if it was, you wouldn't notice.

On the 77W - also doesn't really matter.

6 half dozen is what I'm trying to say.

Comment

• Anyone got any recommendations for SQ211 in J SIN - SYD?

It has the Regional C, currently have seat 12K which I know is Bassinet seat.

Do people have the preference for the mini cabin a little bit further back?

Comment

• for A333 Y class...not 34A...windowless window seat...O.O

Comment

• 48D on A380

Am booked to fly to LHR next Apr and paid AUD50 for the "P" seat, 48D. Had to change my flight to a day earlier and after much arguing with reservations, they agreed to allow me to rebook 48D on my new sector without penalty.

My seat map on the SQ website showed 48D as having nothing in front of it and so a preferred seat but the girl in reservations told me it was nothing special and not a "P" seat.

Do we not see the real seat maps on their website, or what's the score? Do their A380's now have 2 different configurations, in which case I'm moving my seat back to an upper deck aisle.

Comment

• To my knowledge 48D has never been a P seat, only the exit rows as I understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobson73 View Post
                Am booked to fly to LHR next Apr and paid AUD50 for the "P" seat, 48D. Had to change my flight to a day earlier and after much arguing with reservations, they agreed to allow me to rebook 48D on my new sector without penalty.

My seat map on the SQ website showed 48D as having nothing in front of it and so a preferred seat but the girl in reservations told me it was nothing special and not a "P" seat.

Do we not see the real seat maps on their website, or what's the score? Do their A380's now have 2 different configurations, in which case I'm moving my seat back to an upper deck aisle.
                I have noticed on some of my flights that 48D is a "P" seat and therefore a $50 fee applicable if you want to book it, and other flights it is free to book if still "green".

I have no idea why this is so??????

If you are travelling alone 48D is the very last "P" seat I would consider booking, for $50 you still have someone climbing over you to get out of their seat. I think it is a bit rude of SQ to charge to sit in that seat and would not consider it myself compared to the other "P" seats.

SQ238.

Comment

• hello boys n girls im baaaack.

Im travelling in a party of 5 BNE - SIN - LAX (sin lax nonstop ) in J return.

I was hoping for your good help that i have had many a time on which best 5 seats to choose for these 2 sectors for all 4 flights.

Cheers
                  token
                  merry xmas

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                    I have noticed on some of my flights that 48D is a "P" seat and therefore a $50 fee applicable if you want to book it, and other flights it is free to book if still "green".

I have no idea why this is so??????

If you are travelling alone 48D is the very last "P" seat I would consider booking, for $50 you still have someone climbing over you to get out of their seat. I think it is a bit rude of SQ to charge to sit in that seat and would not consider it myself compared to the other "P" seats.

SQ238.
                    yeah, it's bizarre. I had someone from resv. call me today and they confirmed that there is no seat in front of it and thus the extra leg room and were pumping me as to why I hadn't paid the $50. On this aircraft it had a P indicator.

As for someone climbing over me, I'd rather just one person than 2 if I took an aisle on the side. I'm not interested in exit row seats due to comments from others on these threads. And I really want an aisle on an overnight flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                      Can someone update this sticky to reflect refurbished 77A and 772s?
                      +1. Would love to see the layout for the refurnished 772s (e.g. HKG to SIN) and hear everyone's thoughts on which is the best seat.

Comment

• i'll be on a 744 in F with my wife and I love looking out the window. any suggestions on seats that is still intimate enough for 2 people and will have a window? is 2D and 2F close enough to still chat comfortably? If not, I will have to relinquish the window and take row 3 or 4 centre.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
                          i'll be on a 744 in F with my wife and I love looking out the window. any suggestions on seats that is still intimate enough for 2 people and will have a window? is 2D and 2F close enough to still chat comfortably? If not, I will have to relinquish the window and take row 3 or 4 centre.
                          Close enough - but you have to crane your neck a bit from 2F to look back.

Comment

• Alrighty, thanks for that! I may just stick with the centre and hope that there is a spare seat for landing and take off.

any preferences for row 3 or 4?

Comment

• Hi guys,

My very first newbie question here I've just booked my flights: SIN-AMS (seat 11C), FRA-JFK (seat 17K) & JFK-SIN (seat 19C). Yayyy!! Cant wait!!

Anyway, I'm just wondering now if I have chosen the right seats or should I switch them as seat guru has indicated that 11C has shorter pitch space?

Which seat is better overall in J class for 747 and 772ER anyway?

Appreciate any guidance given and thanks in advance!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQnewbie View Post
                                Hi guys,

My very first newbie question here I've just booked my flights: SIN-AMS (seat 11C), FRA-JFK (seat 17K) & JFK-SIN (seat 19C). Yayyy!! Cant wait!!

Anyway, I'm just wondering now if I have chosen the right seats or should I switch them as seat guru has indicated that 11C has shorter pitch space?

Which seat is better overall in J class for 747 and 772ER anyway?

Appreciate any guidance given and thanks in advance!!
                                Welcome to SQTalk, SQnewbie.

The best J seats on the 744 are 17A and 17K and for the 772ER I always went for 11A or 11K as these are bulkhead window seats with the ability to easily go past your seat mate even if they have the seat down flat.

Never mind seatguru, this is the place to come if you want to know the best seats on SQ aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                                X