No announcement yet.

The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ reports there will be 36 seats in business class and 301 seats in economy class in their 787-10's. Well 301 seats in Y definitely means 9 across seating, which is no surprise. Furthermore, I'm afraid the seat pitch will be 31" in Y.
    Last edited by LeisureFlyer; 8 February 2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeisureFlyer View Post
      SQ reports there will be 36 seats in business class and 301 seats in economy class in their 787-10's. Well 301 seats in Y definitely means 9 across seating, which is no surprise...
      Do you think it's plausible for us to see 8-across seating come March?

The 787-10 is 68.28m long while the A333 stretches at 63.67m. If SQ managed to squeeze in 30J and 255Y in the A333 with a 2-4-2 configuration at the back of the plane, perhaps with some clever cabin optimisation and rearrangements it may be possible to fit 36J and 301Y on the 787-10 with a similar 2-4-2 seating.

Unless the design of the new regional J with direct aisle access occupies a much bigger footprint than the current edition.
      Last edited by SQ-77W; 8 February 2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• The seat maps are in the GDS, and they show 9-abreast seating in Y.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post
          Do you think it's plausible for us to see 8-across seating come March?

The 787-10 is 68.28m long while the A333 stretches at 63.67m. If SQ managed to squeeze in 30J and 285Y in the A333 with a 2-4-2 configuration at the back of the plane, perhaps with some clever cabin optimisation and rearrangements it may be possible to fit 36J and 301Y on the 787-10 with a similar 2-4-2 seating.

Unless the design of the new regional J with direct aisle access occupies a much bigger footprint than the current edition.
          Current Y in 333 is 255.

As someone pointed out, it is 3-3-3.

Seat map is out.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pd...eing787-10.pdf

Comment

• From the seat map, at least the J seats are not the "regional" 2-2-2 but still 1-2-1. Does it mean that ther be no regional J seats on the 787s?

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
              Current Y in 333 is 255.

Seat map is out.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pd...eing787-10.pdf
              Such a disappointment that they're going down the 9-abreast seating for the 78J. Probably gonna avoid Y on it as much as possible.

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              From the seat map, at least the J seats are not the "regional" 2-2-2 but still 1-2-1. Does it mean that ther be no regional J seats on the 787s?
              The new regional J on the 787-10s will have direct aisle access for all passengers and are thus indicated as 1-2-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                I think 3-3-3 was inevitable. At least this is meant for regional/mid-haul, where this is probably tolerable (As opposed to comfortable).

I am not a fan of 3-3-3 on a Dreamliner. Inferior to 9-abreast 777's or A350's. Even inferior to 2-4-2 on the A330's.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                  Hoping they arrive in time for them to put them on the KUL-SIN leg when on my way back to MEL end of March
                  1st day of service is 3/Apr unfortunately.
                  Perhaps you want to delay your trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    From the seat map, at least the J seats are not the "regional" 2-2-2 but still 1-2-1. Does it mean that ther be no regional J seats on the 787s?
                    My understanding is that the new regional J (on these and the regional A350s) will be 1-2-1?

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                      I think 3-3-3 was inevitable. At least this is meant for regional/mid-haul, where this is probably tolerable (As opposed to comfortable).

I am not a fan of 3-3-3 on a Dreamliner. Inferior to 9-abreast 777's or A350's. Even inferior to 2-4-2 on the A330's.
                      I won't be surprised if the seat pitch is 31", which is the same as most other airlines.

Comment

• Business Saver Awards for 787-10 are available. Appears that SQ is not restricting them as much as the new A380 Business or Suites

Comment

• Wow, about a 20% increase in capacity over the A330’s. Should see some downward pressure on fares as more frames enter service.

Comment

• Originally posted by JonathanL View Post
                            Business Saver Awards for 787-10 are available. Appears that SQ is not restricting them as much as the new A380 Business or Suites
                            It's not meant to be a ground-breaking product so I don't see why they'd restrict Saver awards.

Comment

• I already knew they would be using the 787-10 on crew familarization and KUL flights like they would with the 350. It's no surprise the 787-10 is 9 abreast (I hope it isn't cramped in Y at least on the aisles). Also, unlike the new A380s and 77W, they will have the same panasonic Wifi they have on their 77W (SWU-SNC) at least according to an earlier source linked here.

Just a general question, would the J seats be lie flat like the 772 given its 1-2-1 configuratjkn?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                                I already knew they would be using the 787-10 on crew familarization and KUL flights like they would with the 350. It's no surprise the 787-10 is 9 abreast (I hope it isn't cramped in Y at least on the aisles). Also, unlike the new A380s and 77W, they will have the same panasonic Wifi they have on their 77W (SWU-SNC) at least according to an earlier source linked here.

Just a general question, would the J seats be lie flat like the 772 given its 1-2-1 configuratjkn?
                                Can you provide details on the map technology please?

Comment

Working...
                                X