A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
    So I would like to know where the extra 77W capacity is coming from? I don't think they have that much slack in the fleet for a new daily route to Europe. Especially as the 77Ws will needed to cover the 380s during the refurb. We have also see the other speculation about the SIN - FRA - JFK route going to a 77W...
    That’s a good question. I’d discount the rumours about JFK, but in terms of AMS I’d guess the capacity will come from HND which is slated to get more A350s and they seem constantly willing to pull the 77W off PEK. Two such flights with the right timing could create a window for a daily 77W to AMS if both the regional flight pairs are away overnight from SIN. Of course MEL and SYD between us hog about 25% of 77W fleet capacity, but those can stay just where they are!!

Comment

• HKG's 866/865 also loses the 77W at about the same time.

Comment

• This most useful website has been shutdown... site /a350xwbproduction/production-list

https://twitter.com/A350_Production/...80901541945344

This other production list as well: https://aibfamily.flights/production-list

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          This most useful website has been shutdown... site /a350xwbproduction/production-list

Apparently it was demanded by Qatar. Nosy muppets.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            That’s a good question. I’d discount the rumours about JFK, but in terms of AMS I’d guess the capacity will come from HND which is slated to get more A350s and they seem constantly willing to pull the 77W off PEK. Two such flights with the right timing could create a window for a daily 77W to AMS if both the regional flight pairs are away overnight from SIN. Of course MEL and SYD between us hog about 25% of 77W fleet capacity, but those can stay just where they are!!
            There's slack 77W block time since CPH switched to the A359. That time has not been completely redeployed. Some went to maintenance: there have recently been up to three frames out simultaneously.

Comment

• SQ806/801 (SIN-PEK) will also swapped to A330 from 777-300ER from 25/10/20. (Guess it will be swapped to A350R in the next few months)

Comment

• SQ 962/963 to CGK will be swapped to a 77W from A350 starting 25/10/20. By then there will be 4 daily 77Ws serving CGK, in addition to 3 daily long haul A350s and 2 daily 773s.

It looks like a lot of the 77W capacity is going the way of CGK flights to replace 773s, which do not see any 77W service at all currently.
                Last edited by SQ957; 21 December 2019, 05:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                  SQ 962/963 to CGK will be swapped to a 77W from A350 starting 25/10/20. By then there will be 4 daily 77Ws serving CGK, in addition to 3 daily long haul A350s and 2 daily 773s.

It looks like a lot of the 77W capacity is going the way of CGK flights to replace 773s, which do not see any 77W service at all currently.
                  I saw that too. I had thought SQ likes to keep the 773s on the CGK route because the 8 seat F cabin is in high demand on that route. So then where will the 773s go? Personally, I’ll be happy that newer aircraft will serve this route.

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                    I saw that too. I had thought SQ likes to keep the 773s on the CGK route because the 8 seat F cabin is in high demand on that route. So then where will the 773s go? Personally, I’ll be happy that newer aircraft will serve this route.
                    I believe that it is time for the 773s to go. As of 25/10/2020 the 773 fleet will only serve 2x weekly BWN, daily MNL and twice daily CGK.

Going back to the topic of A350, it is interesting to see that SQ prefers putting their long haul A350s (42J 211Y, W is sold as Y) on the very short CGK route as opposed to the medium haul A350s (40J 263Y). Over the summer 2020 season there will even be 4 daily long haul A350s on the CGK route.

Comment

Going back to the topic of A350, it is interesting to see that SQ prefers putting their long haul A350s (42J 211Y, W is sold as Y) on the very short CGK route as opposed to the medium haul A350s (40J 263Y). Over the summer 2020 season there will even be 4 daily long haul A350s on the CGK route.
                      The CGK route fits perfectly in between the long haul A350s schedules which is why they’re using them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                        Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                        I believe that it is time for the 773s to go. As of 25/10/2020 the 773 fleet will only serve 2x weekly BWN, daily MNL and twice daily CGK.
                        Well we've been wondering on here for quite a while what SQ might do regarding regional F on the CGK route and a small set of A350 regionals with a small F cabin could potentially have been an outcome, which was why the 773s were thought to be being being kept around for the time being as developing such a product takes quite some lead time.

The A350s are arriving rather fast and the old 777s are disappearing at a similar pace, so it looks like the 77W will be used on the route instead which has been the competing theory, even though flying a 77W from SIN to CGK raises a few eyebrows.

It definitely looks like at the next results update, the departure of 773s will make the list at this rate, but I did like the suggestion made by someone quite a long while back on here that they could use a couple of rows of J at the front of an A350 and offer F service in J seats given it's not a long flight. Long haul J with F service would surely be as popular as an old 773?

Comment

There will only be 3 daily long haul A350s on CGK route as SQ964/965 uses the regional A350 variant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                            There will only be 3 daily long haul A350s on CGK route as SQ964/965 uses the regional A350 variant.
                            Correct me if I’m wrong, but SQ964/965 is due to go 77W replacing A359R starting March 29. SQ956/957, SQ958/959, SQ962/963 and SQ966/967 will operate on the long haul A350 for the entirety of the 2020 summer season.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              This most useful website has been shutdown... site /a350xwbproduction/production-list

thankfully, this one still works:

https://www.abcdlist.nl/a350f/a350f.html

Comment

• datapoint, my bkk sq970 flight in march has been swapped to regional a350 from 787.. still the same J seats though

Comment

Working...
                                X