SQ A330 Withdrawal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 726 View Post
    it's about time they withdraw their 772 and non-77W. the IFEs on those aircrafts are annoying (reminds me of watching analogue TV sometimes) - the only thing good from those aircrafts are the more comfortable seats in Y class. While I understand that 333 are all leased, isn't it about time to retire their older sisters.
    Don't expect it anytime soon. The latest plans revealed that they will indeed be letting some old 772 and 773 craft go within the next year, but generally only ones that are leased. The oldest 777s owned by SQ will remain as it's economically better for them to keep an old plane they own with poor resale value than to continue leasing an A330 if they have a chance to let it go.

The two craft that really need to go are 9V-SRJ and 9V-SRL as they are not refitted in any way since they joined the fleet around 13 years ago and everyone reports their poor state of repair.

The SQ*, SR*, SV* and SY* craft do have a really old system. The most annoying aspect of it I find is the location of the old remote being in the side of the armrest which keeps being knocked by my thigh, as well as the much reduced variety.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      The two craft that really need to go are 9V-SRJ and 9V-SRL as they are not refitted in any way since they joined the fleet around 13 years ago and everyone reports their poor state of repair.
      There is a high chance that 9V-SRJ and 9V-SRL will be leaving the fleet before end of FY2015/2016, as indicated in their projected fleet plan of the Annual Report.

Comment

9V-SQI, 9V-SRN & 9V-SRK are for sale on the Boeing website. Although I think these have left the fleet already?

777-300 9V-SYK is listed for lease from Feb 2016. No other -300's listed.

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/...77&printer=yes
        Last edited by FN-GM; 31 August 2015, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          9V-SQI & 9V-SRK are for sale on the Boeing website. Although I think these have left the fleet already?

777-300 9V-SYK is listed for lease from Feb 2016. No other -300's listed.

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/...77&printer=yes
          Yes, SQI and SRK have both exited.

I've read someone else specifiying SYK to exit before the end of this FY and it was announced by SQ that some of the 773 fleet (two I think?) were to exit. SYK is targeted because it is leased. SQ237/8 uses up almost one 773 and that flight is supposedly going 77W around February. My suspicion is that they will retain just enough of them to service CGK where the regional F cabin is very popular. It was CGK's love for F that extended the life of the much maligned 9V-SQF well past it's prime!

By the way, when does the FY end in Singapore? Is it an APR-MAR year?

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
            There is a high chance that 9V-SRJ and 9V-SRL will be leaving the fleet before end of FY2015/2016, as indicated in their projected fleet plan of the Annual Report.
            For my own selfish reasons I really want SRJ and SRL to be leave by February 2016... because I'll be flying SQ915 then, and right now that pair seems to be assigned to that flight.

But IIRC that flight was already assigned to A330s until SVB ran into a bird, so...

Comment

I flew 9V-SRJ recently from BKK to SIN in Y. The interior was quite retro, but it did seem like quite a well maintained aircraft. For anyone interested, here is a look inside 9V-SRJ.

Comment

9V-STS looks like the next one to go. It is in the SASCO hangar at Changi stripped of SQ's livery.
                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

By the way, when does the FY end in Singapore? Is it an APR-MAR year?
                  Yes, FY ends on 31 March of every year.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                    I flew 9V-SRJ recently from BKK to SIN in Y. The interior was quite retro, but it did seem like quite a well maintained aircraft. For anyone interested, here is a look inside 9V-SRJ.
                    Thanks so much for that- it's the one variant of current craft I've never had the chance to see inside. I can see why J flyers would be pretty unimpressed- the concept of flying Business and sitting between two people is bizarre. Y seems to look fairly similar to the SVF/SVH/SVO cabin but just more rows packed in.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                      9V-STS looks like the next one to go. It is in the SASCO hangar at Changi stripped of SQ's livery.
                      Yea, STS is the next one to go.

Comment

such a shame. Last time I was in STS was SQ636 SIN HND on 19 October 2014 (before the flight was reassigned to the ugly 772/773). I still remember the flight vividly when I saw sunrise over Japan from the STS

Comment

BTW, I do believe that -STJ is still sitting in CAN all-white waiting for its fate.

Cheers
                          Michael

Comment

9V-STP is apparently re-registered as B-22103. Delivery flight to TPE tomorrow (01OCT15) at 1000.
                            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                              9V-STP is apparently re-registered as B-22103. Delivery flight to TPE tomorrow (01OCT15) at 1000.
                              Yes, planespotters has listed both STP and STS going to GE, although they are not specifying the B- registrations yet.

Comment

Yes, planespotters has listed both STP and STS going to GE, although they are not specifying the B- registrations yet.
                                With GE using similar seats to SQ A330s in J and Y, maybe they would just need to change the seat covers?
                                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X