SQ A330 Withdrawal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
    I believe 9V-SRE had it too, the same Star Alliance livery as SRI and SPP with the full SQ tail colours and Silver Kris logo...
    They also had 9V-SPR (former MH B744) in the Star Alliance scheme for a while.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Does that suggest SYL is due to leave the fleet?
      SWI amen SWJ took on star alliance colours replacing SRE and SRI.
      So if another aircraft is needed in Star alliance colours....that means one’s leaving?
      We haven’t gotten SQ’s fleet movement plan for the next FY right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
        Does that suggest SYL is due to leave the fleet?
        SWI amen SWJ took on star alliance colours replacing SRE and SRI.
        So if another aircraft is needed in Star alliance colours....that means one’s leaving?
        We haven’t gotten SQ’s fleet movement plan for the next FY right?
        We've seen a few *A planes leave the fleet without being replaced over the past few years so I'm not sure I'd read too much into it. I suspect if this is a temporary lease extension and the plane had already been stripped of SQ branding that the white *A scheme could be more efficient to add and remove than the full SQ livery.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          SIA's A330s destined to be returned this year to ther lessor which I believe is Airbus itself and am sure AB would have a few used A330s parked, and it would be fairly easy for SIA to extend its A330s for a short period of time. Or alternatively SIA can lease A330s to cover for the grounded 787s from the open market as jul247 have mentioned that there are plenty of used A330s on the market. However its better for SQ to extend from AB its lease of the A330s as it will have the common seating and interior, unlike if it will to get it from the secondhand market. Believed SQ need a few more A330s to stand-in for the grounding of its 787s for the next several months and the A330s fit in nicely as its a regional aircraft as the 787 except for less seats.
          Yes, SQ would need to be careful on what airplane they bring onboard as replacement so that branding and experience impact is kept at minimum. The only viable option are Hong Kong Airlines ex-SQ A333 which I believe the interior configuration was kept, and only re-upholstered with red finishing to reflect HX.

Speaking of returning A330 to lessor, SQ has listed Langdon Asset Management to manage the sale of STU, STV, STY and STZ.

http://www.langdon.aero/A330.php

Comment

• 9V-STU has had her leased extended. Painted in Star Alliance Livery for cost saving measures.

Comment

• SQ now needs all the plane that it can to maintain its shcedule in view of the 787s engine issues and the grounding of Silkair's 6 737 Max.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SNA View Post
                9V-STU has had her leased extended. Painted in Star Alliance Livery for cost saving measures.
                Is this a statement of fact?
                I can’t see how doing the star alliance colours represents a meaningful cost saving over doing full SQ colours. If the airline was willing to refurbish an old 772 just to use it another 3 years, I doubt it would care about save a small amount on its paint job. Besides, I’m sure painting star alliance colours involves an agreement with the alliance itself. Hmm.

Comment

• 9V-STO is in the process of being de-leased as from 3 April 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                    Is this a statement of fact?
                    I can’t see how doing the star alliance colours represents a meaningful cost saving over doing full SQ colours. If the airline was willing to refurbish an old 772 just to use it another 3 years, I doubt it would care about save a small amount on its paint job. Besides, I’m sure painting star alliance colours involves an agreement with the alliance itself. Hmm.
                    This is easily understandable - the plane has already been in all white livery pending lease return. This is the way to use minimal paint or this could easily be done by 3M stickers if this is going to be a short term lease.

Michael

Comment

• 9V-STU doesn't seem to have flown anywhere after the air test despite the supposed tight scheduling of aircraft for SQ/MI/TR. Is the time on ground typical after a repainting or would it suggest something more has been done to the aircraft other than the fresh coat of paint?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                        9V-STU doesn't seem to have flown anywhere after the air test despite the supposed tight scheduling of aircraft for SQ/MI/TR. Is the time on ground typical after a repainting or would it suggest something more has been done to the aircraft other than the fresh coat of paint?
                        Frankly speaking, the situation should have ease somewhat. 7 out of 9 787-10 are flying as of today. As compare to 2 or 3 flying earlier this week

Further only 1 777-300ER is on maintainance as compare to 3 earlier in March .

Comment

• 9V-STU lease has been extended 3 months due to the groundings of the Max and 787s engine issues. It was supposed to fly tonight 7 Apr 19 as one of the Scoot charter flight to Perth but it is currently grounded as they do not have approval from the relevant authorities/agencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                            FYI, 9V-SYL has them. So did 9V-SRI, a retired 772.
                            Yeah, sorry can't forget SYL which has the same Star Alliance livery scheme like SWI and SWJ

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                            I believe 9V-SRE had it too, the same Star Alliance livery as SRI and SPP with the full SQ tail colours and Silver Kris logo...
                            Yes SRE did. In fact also SYE, a 773 retired also did too.

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                            They also had 9V-SPR (former MH B744) in the Star Alliance scheme for a while.
                            I remember SPP but not SPR having it.

All I said was STU is the first Airbus plane in SQ's fleet to carry the Star Alliance livery and it has mostly been applied on Boeing planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by banx007 View Post
                              9V-STU lease has been extended 3 months due to the groundings of the Max and 787s engine issues. It was supposed to fly tonight 7 Apr 19 as one of the Scoot charter flight to Perth but it is currently grounded as they do not have approval from the relevant authorities/agencies.
                              This is a smart move...... just stick the Star logo at the tail, Small SQ logo and "STAR ALLIANCE", could be done in a few hours!

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                                This is a smart move...... just stick the Star logo at the tail, Small SQ logo and "STAR ALLIANCE", could be done in a few hours!
                                Haha, yes. Like what they did with SPR. Stripped off MH livery, slapped Star Alliance and SQ logo. Cabin service was all SQ crew with one MH crew supervising.

Comment

Working...
                                X