This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
    I think it's now a case of when it's convenient to do so. As such, if an older 777 happens to need to be in the hangar for an extended period, it may get the refit if time and resources permit. I'm guessing it's more that there is no longer a planned program to do it so some may never get the hand-me-down 2006 seats.
    this was something discussed in the 777 withdrawal thread...

on the contrary, originally it was a "as and when convenient", but now it looks planned. so safe to say the 772s with the 2006Y will be the ones staying the longest.
    that's SVB, SVC, SVE, SRM, SQM, SQN.

SQK should have been one of them but thanks to the fire maybe we'll see another of the 772Rs fitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
      I don't think the A380 Y seats would fit at 10 abreast. They'd have to be narrower.
      Definitely correct on that one. The other factor is that they'd definitely still have plenty from the 77W stockpiled.

At most they might now complete the 773s if they are keeping them for CGK and perhaps a couple more of the SQ/SR series. The main advantage I see for SQ is bringing all craft up to the same media library. Presently they have to produce two editions of Krisworld- the second version fast becoming only relevant for a handful of planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
        this was something discussed in the 777 withdrawal thread...

on the contrary, originally it was a "as and when convenient", but now it looks planned. so safe to say the 772s with the 2006Y will be the ones staying the longest.
        that's SVB, SVC, SVE, SRM, SQM, SQN.

SQK should have been one of them but thanks to the fire maybe we'll see another of the 772Rs fitted.
        I see it a bit more as a chicken and egg situation. Did they always plan to keep SVC or SQM longer, or perhaps now they will because they've been refitted. I think there's truth in both.

Comment

• The first SQ A330, 9V-STA, has been withdrawn... due for Brussels Airlines.

https://www.planespotters.net/airfra...rlines/l8agCB1

Comment

• still no word on the status of 9V-SRM? 3 months out of the air already. not normal.

i'm interested in this cos it's one of the 772Rs fitted just 2 years ago with the 2006Y. if they've withdrawn it from service, it will be unusual.

Comment

still no word on the status of 9V-SRM? 3 months out of the air already. not normal.

i'm interested in this cos it's one of the 772Rs fitted just 2 years ago with the 2006Y. if they've withdrawn it from service, it will be unusual.
              9V-SRM is on an air test now apparently as SQ8877 (source: fr24).

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                9V-SRM is on an air test now apparently as SQ8877 (source: fr24).
                thanks for the heads up. lets see if it returns to service in the next 2 days. otherwise it could be off to somewhere else, as surprising as it seems.

EDIT: looks like it's going to DEL as SQ402 tonight based on icargo's info. so what were the 3 months for...D check? keeping the old 772s for much longer??
                Last edited by ell3; 11 August 2018, 11:01 PM.

Comment

thanks for the heads up. lets see if it returns to service in the next 2 days. otherwise it could be off to somewhere else, as surprising as it seems.

EDIT: looks like it's going to DEL as SQ402 tonight based on icargo's info. so what were the 3 months for...D check? keeping the old 772s for much longer??
                  It might have 2006 Y seats and IFE now.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    It might have 2006 Y seats and IFE now.
                    It already did before it went into the hangar. It was one of the first two (along with SQK) to get the upgraded seats and IFE.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                      It already did before it went into the hangar. It was one of the first two (along with SQK) to get the upgraded seats and IFE.
                      Oh right - Well I will be quiet then

Comment

• SQ634/635 to HND is being operated by the 77WR 9V-SWG instead of the normal 3-class 77W. iCargo shows it is supposed to operate tomorrow's 634/635 round.

Comment

• Was on SQ 215 yesterday...and as we taxiing for take off, I think I passed by 9V-SQJ at one of the stands. The titles have been stripped off. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                            Was on SQ 215 yesterday...and as we taxiing for take off, I think I passed by 9V-SQJ at one of the stands. The titles have been stripped off. Can anyone confirm this?
                            It has been 13 days since 9V-SQJ last flew... could they have removed the SQ titles and logo in such a short time?

Comment

• Well, we know that one of the 772Rs will be leaving this FY. Not surprised if SQJ’s the one. It’s the only one delivered in mid 2002 while the rest came mid 2003 thru 2004. And if you think you saw “QJ”... I doubt you would have misread “VG” (SVG being the only other 772 void of titles still sitting at Changi) so you should be correct.

Comment

• No airtest has been done but the frame SWS is flying AKL, 285/286. Without a need for conflict, SeatAlert indicates this is a 77WR on the return of SQ286. The refit took about 7 weeks and 1 day total.

Whenever FSJZ is available, he can update that SWS is our next 77WR.
                                Last edited by SQfanatic; 21 August 2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X