SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
    You spoke too soon. SVH flew to JNB last night.
    I knew once I said it, that'd happen! Interesting though- another non-refit to JNB. JNB has been getting a lot of purple cabins lately.

Comment

• I'm currently monitoring 9V-SVO. No action for over a week now.

The rest of the 200ER non-refits have been reduced to AKL (the flight pair that will be taken over by NZ in a few months), flights to MLE, military charters to ROK and the odd IST flight.

Comment

• With SQ's 777-200(ER), may I ask what is the difference between the SV*, SR* and SQ* series? I know SQ deploys SR* and SQ* series to Hong Kong, but on SQ 242 is SV* series. What is the difference to the inflight products on those? (I am on M Class for the flight).

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
          With SQ's 777-200(ER), may I ask what is the difference between the SV*, SR* and SQ* series? I know SQ deploys SR* and SQ* series to Hong Kong, but on SQ 242 is SV* series. What is the difference to the inflight products on those? (I am on M Class for the flight).
          I'm not very familiar with what fare class letters mean- I think M class is a fare division of Economy.

I've never flown on an SQ* or SR* series 772, but as SQ242 and HKG always get refitted cabins, I doubt there would be any difference in Economy. The older IFE with a more limited selection but similar to the 77W/A330 layout, new seat covers and the controller on the armrest not the seat back. I believe that is what is in refitted SQ/SR and that's certainly what is in SV 772s. The big difference with the SV series is in the Business class cabin.

Comment

• I suspect SVO is leaving/has left the fleet. Two weeks inactive now. Can those of us on the ground at SIN keep eyes and ears out for anything that may confirm this?

Thanks

Comment

• Any idea where SVA & SVD are stored? At SIN? Also, these seem like relatively newer birds, wondering why SQ is unable to sell them

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                Any idea where SVA & SVD are stored? At SIN? Also, these seem like relatively newer birds, wondering why SQ is unable to sell them
                They probably require some form of heavy maintenance and polish-up of the cabin in order to be returned to service with SQ. Since they have been deemed (presumably) to be surplus to requirements, I am not surprised that SQ have been reluctant to do any work on them as that would cost $$.

Comment

• Not bashing SQ, but I don't think SQ even maintains or cleans the retrofitted ones very well. Just flew less than a couple of weeks ago on SVE to Cape Town and the IFE system at my row of 3 seats kept skipping when movies are played, even after the stewardess rebooted them.

Also, just before arriving into Cape Town, to my horror, I saw this......

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                    Not bashing SQ, but I don't think SQ even maintains or cleans the retrofitted ones very well. Just flew less than a couple of weeks ago on SVE to Cape Town and the IFE system at my row of 3 seats kept skipping when movies are played, even after the stewardess rebooted them.

Also, just before arriving into Cape Town, to my horror, I saw this.....
                    Disgusting. I'm going to be on alert on my flight to CPH. I'm already cleaning the tray table with the hot towel (after using it on my face!) so now I guess I should turn my head and check there too.

Let's face it, the only reason these craft got a refit was to improve the J product. The older purple Y cabins were well maintained and more comfortable than the harsh new seat covers. But because the Space Beds in J needed to be replaced for very obvious and (on here) well-documented reasons, they couldn't have one Givenchy cabin and one old purple one, so Y got the slimmest of makeovers that they could get away with. Until the A350s start to arrive and really free up things, we are stuck with these planes on all their 'second tier' long haul routes. Maybe the extra few 77Ws currently arriving might make a bit of difference, but I doubt it. They don't want to be flying too many empty F cabins around.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      Disgusting. I'm going to be on alert on my flight to CPH. I'm already cleaning the tray table with the hot towel (after using it on my face!) so now I guess I should turn my head and check there too.
                      I keep a pack of Dettol wipes in my carry-on for that purpose, along with the seat function buttons and IFE controller.

Comment

• 9V-SVO has left/is leaving the fleet it seems. After three weeks out of service, it performed an 'SQ8877' flight this afternoon. It's a flight number that can mean a number of things, but I think it's becoming to safer to make the call that SVO is exiting.

Comment

• Not sure if it's a problem with the ground staff...

I had a wine spill uncleaned on J on the new B777-300ER flight frm LHR. Made a complaint and all i got was a simple apology and closed off. I think cleanliness is a basic right as passenger.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            I suspect SVO is leaving/has left the fleet. Two weeks inactive now. Can those of us on the ground at SIN keep eyes and ears out for anything that may confirm this?

Thanks
                            Not true. Still flying for SQ......................

Comment

• Here's the link to SQ's latest results announcement. Fleet plan details through March 2015 are on slides 22-24:

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/Inve...ngq2fy1415.pdf

Also the transcript of the presentation:

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/Inve...t-q2fy1415.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                                Here's the link to SQ's latest results announcement. Fleet plan details through March 2015 are on slides 22-24:

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/Inve...ngq2fy1415.pdf

Also the transcript of the presentation:

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/Inve...t-q2fy1415.pdf
                                Now that is some useful information!

All of their newest craft currently in operation arrived before 30SEP, the last one in being SSD. Planespotters also has the total at 105, so it could be assumed to be accurate. SVA and SVD are not included in that total, and they were "stored" well before 30SEP.

This should mean that by the end of March 2015 we should see:

Arrival of 77WNs SWY (imminent), SWZ and S??.
                                Arrival of SSE and SSF

Departure of an A330 (no clues available about that one)
                                Departure of 4x 772s:
                                *DPS services are to swtich from 772 to A330 from 12DEC- this would leave at least two old SR* non-refits surplus to requirements, most likely SRH (only remaining non-AVOD) & SRJ
                                *Two others, most probably from SRK, SRL, SVF, SVH, SVK and SVO, otherwise they are decommissioning a refitted cabin before an old purple one. The SR* craft may have an inferior cabin product to the SV series, but they contain more seats, which equals more $$$.

Comment

Working...
                                X