The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

I don't know why but I still find it very hard to navigate. The previous version is much better.

Comment

Just tried it and have mixed feelings. The new site is noticeably slower compared to the older site, esp when retrieving bookings. Unable to change seats for any of my current bookings and those bookings were made online. The site is also not iPad friendly as someone already mentioned earlier, can't choose dates and destination from the default screen. One of the bookings said my credit card not verified while another booking made with the same credit card doesnt have this message.

The old site is good and runs like a well-oiled machine. Why change it? Guess it will take some time to work out all the bugs.

Comment

Flight Schedules section appears to no longer show aircraft type. You have to go through to the booking stage to determine the aircraft type. A step backwards.

Comment

I just tried again to book for 3 adults and 2 children but the system kept quoting me the fare for only 1 person. Only after I went back and modify my search that the system could gave me the fare for all 5 pax.

Also, the error message that says my session has timed out kept popping out whenever I pressed the "search and book" button while it was clear that I was still very much logged in on the main screen.

Comment

I really like the previous site. I am looking at the online redeemptions and do like how the scrolling works. I agree with the general comments that the older site worked and took less time to process transactions. It seems that someone in the marketing department has decided to swap swanky designs for functionality.

There is also something wrong with the back end as I received an email today welcoming me to Singapore Airlines

"Welcome to KrisFlyer, Singapore Airlines' frequent flyer programme. You’re on your way to earning KrisFlyer miles, which you can redeem for award flights and upgrades.
              To Earn Miles
              - Fly on Singapore Airlines SilkAir or our partner airlines on accruable airfares.
              - Use the service of any of our non-airline partners. For example, convert your credit card reward points to KrisFlyer miles, stay at participating hotels or rent a car to earn KrisFlyer miles. For a complete list of KrisFlyer partners, and to check out the latest promotions, please visit krisflyer.com
              Online Services & Savings
              Visit krisflyer.com for full programme details, essential customer service information and many convenient online services to help you save time and miles.
              Your Permanent KrisFlyer Membership Card
              As soon as you have made your first qualifying transaction, your permanent membership card will be sent to you. Please ensure that you have provided us with a valid mailing address so that we can send your card to you."

Comment

Yes I got the "welcome" e-mail after 10 years of Solitaire! apart from that, it can't find my next booking.

I can sympathize, we just went through a website upgrade at my company (a global major) and our customers are suffering too. They'll fix it.

Comment

Downgraded from Elite Gold to Blue

SIA just emailed my Blue Membership Card and link from email to web site shows I have nil miles. I can also print out the blue membership card number which has the same card number as my gold card.

The links from the email to the website shows I have nil miles and no status. If I log in separate it shows tier as Elite Gold and my actual miles.

I am not sure what all this means.

Comment

i wanted to go print my e-ticket for my upcoming flight, but all i could see at the new site was just the official receipt without the fare classes and fare rules.
                    I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

The partner airlines for redeemptions no longer mentions Virgin nor AI

Comment

Previously for third party bookings I was able to retrieve the booking and change seats online at check-in. Now it asks me for further details to retrieve the third party booking and then once I enter that information, it says I have no flights.

Must be a bug.

To be honest, it will take some getting used to for this new design, I think they launched it to early, it doesn't seem to be properly tested.

Comment

One cool function is that it's following TG's way by allowing seat selection before the payment process.
                          I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Like many big corporate websites, the search function (near to top RHS on home page) is very poor. e.g. if you type in "Seat Maps" it gives you a bunch of matches to old media releases and career opportunities. However, it does not immediately lead you the section of the website called....Seat Maps. When you find that section by perusing the sub menus (Flying with us, Our fleet, Seat maps) you then discover seat maps which are horrible - Seat Guru style graphics have replaced accurate drawings.

Comment

The font is weird. The system can't do mix class redemption. The wish to have saver redemption for 77W and A380 seems far away from now.

Now the page is undergoing maintenance lol
                              Last edited by j.lin; 22 May 2011, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Now the page is undergoing maintenance lol[/QUOTE]

Yes it is!!

Any good airline's website beats it hands down. Not sure why they launch it with so many disruptions. Shouldn't it be tested before launching?

Comment

Working...
                                X